• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Kettle / Mlt Fitout Service

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dkaos

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I've been setting up my own kettles recently and have been grinding lids out of kegs, drilling holes for ball valves and elements.

I've got the tools now, hole saws,drills (bits),grinder,flap wheel cutting fluid etc so I think I could do more.

There would be a fee involved because of wear on the tools that I will use and consumables plus it takes my time.

For people who don't have the tools, or dont want to do this kind of work, would you pay for a service like this?

In case you were wondering, I'm in Sydney.

Cheers,

Clint

The breweries may be interested in your services :ph34r: :ph34r:

As far as drilling pots etc. for weldless fittings, some LHBS will offer this service also (Grain n Grape do)

Having not had much luck with weldless fittings I brazed on a threaded pipe for my Kettle (so far works ok). Not the most ideal but OK for a start.

I reckon you couldn't go past properly welded fittings though (TIG setup a big outlay for a one off job), perhaps people would pay for that.

Hi Guys,

I've been setting up my own kettles recently and have been grinding lids out of kegs, drilling holes for ball valves and elements.

I've got the tools now, hole saws,drills (bits),grinder,flap wheel cutting fluid etc so I think I could do more.

There would be a fee involved because of wear on the tools that I will use and consumables plus it takes my time.

For people who don't have the tools, or dont want to do this kind of work, would you pay for a service like this?

Cheers,

Clint

Good idea, saves buying all the crap you will only use once or twice. And also quite a few people are not that handy with tools, so should help them out lots.

QldKev

Hi Guys,

Cheers,

Clint

Yep - if I needed something I would go to you then. Might be doing a SS keg fermenter soon.

Back