kerr non alcoholic thread.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kerr's hops. Would you be interested in some rhizomes Kerr?

https://youtu.be/NPfWgGKjKIE not really but i have thought of hops then at least.just getting to know how it all works again.and i am not that good at it still. here is ink to more i found in the books i bought from the course.maybe help's some one that was starting again.

Hops plants are related to cannabis plants, so its probably the female hop plant that produces flowers just like its the female cannabis plant that produces "buds", male plants are only useful for making new strains by cross pollination between different genomes to produce a desired outcome, but this can be hard to do and it can take years to master, so I'm told.

Can you try hops in your ginger beer Kerr? Might be something else you can play around with?

Curly79 said:
Can you try hops in your ginger beer Kerr? Might be something else you can play around with?
this would be an interesting experiment! On hand I have Amarillo, por, cascade, EKG, centennial, I'm gonna experiment!

Last Sunday afternoon I had a go at making a small 6 litre batch of cider with the aim of trying to get the end product to less than 0.5% abv. Well I did make a nice sparkling cider and it turned out around the 1.3 to 1.5% mark but the process will need to be refined to get it to the target level.

So I started with 3 x 2 litre bottles of Woolies brand Preservative free Apple juice. Into my mini fermenter they go, splooshing them in to oxinigate the wort.I had a fairly aged S04 in the fridge so I got a teaspoon of that into a bowl with ten teaspoons of pre boiled water cooled to 25C. Quick stir and into the fermenter and a big stir to mix it all in well. Then filled eight PET bottles. It was possibly an overpitch because fermentation began instantly inside the sealed bottles. By early the next morning all if the bottles were rock hard to touch and a quick hydrometer reading told me that it had already dropped enough points to be slightly over the desired abv. Unfortunately I did nit refrigerate them until mid afternoon point by which time they were hard and gassy as. Too gassy.

Next time maybe halve the yeast dose to try and get a slower ferment to try and tame this tiger earlier? Suggestions welcome.

i still trying to get nbn installed i am useing prepaid sim card 3g at the moment until the modem turns up forgot to say when before that should be back in a week or so again for some thing.

kerrplease said:
i still trying to get nbn installed i am useing prepaid sim card 3g at the moment until the modem turns up forgot to say when before that should be back in a week or so again for some thing.
I was wondering what happened to you Kerr.

the ginger plant great started another one 10 bottles worth on wednesday 23/11/16 feed it after saturday sometime .tried it with more pulp this time because it only said two tea spoons but are they ful teaspoon or half empty teaspoons.think i would stick to the plant because it from a trusted magazine recipe a lot of people would of said if their was something wrong with it.

Hey mate, sorry I totally missed this. How is the next batch coming along?

Is your internet all sorted now?

I've just "scanned" this thread over the past hour or so & have to say that I'm in absolute AWE of the contributors/mentors. Just......Gobsmacked!

Good job, guys! LOVE your work!

Kerrplease, welcome to the vortex of brewing. You've inspired me & shown me another way.

I look forward to having all your recipes for non-alcoholic brews available down the track.

Back