Kegs frozen

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thebigtwist

Reaction score
went to pour a beer for lunch and nothing came out keg still half full and still have gas in bottle, upon further inspection discover beer is frozen check 2nd full keg yep frozen, 1st time fridge has done this must be on the blink. apart from the f#ck$d fridge will the beer be saveable i have taken the kegs out of the fridge and have sitting in garage defrosting, will the beer be drinkable will i have to carb up again ?
kicking my self over the fridge killing my beer, still toungning for a coldie looks like trip to the bottlo

The beer will be fine. You might need to leave it for a bit for the carbonation to settle, but it shouldn't need more gas to carb it up as the co2 is still there (assuming you haven't opened the keg of course)

mate been there & done that

mine was half frozen so pouring still but slow

I did'nt click boy was I getting pissed, woke up to the fact after half of the keg was drunk

2nd half after defrosting was my light version

heya gents,

have just had the same problem. first keg i was sorting out lines an pressures after putting into a fridge. then put second keg into start carbonating but ran out of gas. so in the couple of days it froze both. external temp gauge thats in a water bottle says +4 so not sure what going on.
have both kegs inside defrosting. hopefully they come back to life and still taste ok.

Has this happen too, keg was resting against the back of the fridge where the cooling happens

Back