Kegs From Usa - Change Of Ebay Sales Status

• Thread starter mchitiea
  • Start date
Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mchitiea

To all,
-As many of you have read, over the past year I have travelled to China four times.
-In my travels to Pepsi China, I would forward via email orders to the shop for processing and shipping. On my last trip in August & September ('06) my (now UNemployed) employees either mis-shipped or did not ship the orders I emailed to them.
-Due to this, the FEEbay account of "usedequip" that we sold the kegs on has received -FB postings due to late shipping (I shipped upon my return to the U.S.).
-Due to the -FB postings, FEEbay has suspended the "usedequip" account.

-IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED YOUR U.S. CUSTOMS FORM, YOU ARE OK AND YOUR KEGS ARE ALREADY ON THEIR WAY.

=========================================
-As of 10/23/06 we will be selling the keg, keg parts and MANY NEW ITEMS on FEEbay seller ID: "pepsiequipment". By January of '07 will be listing EVERYTHING on our new ebay account with the seller ID of: "thechicompany". To find us, go to Ebay-advanced search-search by seller-then type " pepsiequipment "

Pricing: (usd)
Kegs: $16/e
5-Piece Gasket Sets: $2/e
Poppets: $2.50/e.
Quick Disconnect fittings (ball lock; Barbed OR MFL): $4.50/e
Quick Disconnect MFL swivel nuts: $1.50/e.
Shipping of FOUR kegs to anywhere in the AU: $72.

==========================================

-WE ARE SO FED UP AND PISSED OFF WITH FEEBAY AND FEEPAL THAT WE WOULD PREFER SALES -OFF- FEEBAY. To order DIRECTLY, saving the FEEbay & FEEpal fees, etc., COPY, FILL IN AND EMAIL THE FOLLOWING TO: [email protected]
[/i]

Thank you for your pending keg purchase, it IS appreciated!

To pay for your kegs OFFLINE via CARDSERVICE INT'L, please COPY AND PASTE THE FOLLOWING INTO A NEW EMAIL MESSAGE and supply requested information:
-------------------------------------------------------------
1. Name ON CARD:
2. Shipping address:
3. Card billing address (if different from shipping):
4. CC# & Exp. Date & SEC Code:
(CC# Can be split in half and sent in two emails for added security, if desired)
5. Do you have a forklift or loading dock? (yes/no):
6. Is shpg address a residence? (yes/no):
7. Daytime Telephone #:
8. Ebay ID (for +fb):
9. Quantity of kegs:
10. Parts: Type/Qty/Price:
11. iShip Shipping quote $:
12. Email address you want UPS to send tracking # to (if diff. than this one you sent)
13. VERY IMPORTANT---- The words " Offline Keg Purchase " MUST be spelled exactly in the Subject line of this new email.
---------------------------------------------------------------
By using that subject line text, your payment will automatically be put into the correct email INBOX of our MS OUTLOOK email program. This will insure your order is processed quickly! (if you use OUTLOOK, see "tools", "rules wizard" if you are interested on how this works; I don't think Outlook Express has this feature)

We will process your order,
UPS WorldShip will email you your tracking number,
We will post +FB on ebay for you.

Congratulations! -BOTH OF US- have just saved a bunch of FEEPAL charges!!!!!!

By using your credit card, you have GREATER BUYER PROTECTIONS through your card issuing banks rules & regulations for they must comply with both U.S. Federal Banking laws and...I imagine....Australian Banking laws & regulations....UNLIKE PAYPAL THAT DOES NOT ABIDE BY U.S. STATE & FEDERAL BANKING AND CONSUMER PROTECTIONS LAWS!!!

Thank you,
Matthew J. Chitiea

The CHI Company, LLC
6070 Enterprise Dr.
Suite K
Diamond Springs, Ca. 95619
530-622-8265

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

I have nothing for or against these guys but DO NOT send your credit card details in an email! Unless you want everyone in the world to have access to it. Even splitting it in two is very weak security.

I have nothing for or against these guys but DO NOT send your credit card details in an email! Unless you want everyone in the world to have access to it. Even splitting it in two is very weak security.

Exactly, that is very risky. I learnt that lesson several years ago working in Indonesia after sending the details through to the US for a purchase. Next thing we know, we had about $5K run up at some jewellery store in Vietnam. Got it all back, but it's not worth the risk.

If they've got such a bad wrap from e-bay, it probably means they didn't handle the complaints to well either.

I know plenty of people have used this source of kegs before and I am certainly not questioning the integrity of Matthew.

BUT, my alarm bells are going off.

Changing ebay user IDs to avoid bad feedback?

Requesting credit card details in clear text email?

There are very basic ecommerce setups this guy could use if he was fair dinkum about the safety and security of his customers information.

Check your credit card terms and conditions - I reckon you will have very little recourse if you provide your credit card details to someone overseas via email. Especially given the long time period between the credit card charge and the delivery of the goods.

Matt, if you're serious about conducting a proper online business, abandon eBay all together, abandon the offline email ordering, and set up a PROPER online store. (Check out craftbrewer or mashmaster for examples)

With a proper online store people can see what they're getting, know current prices, make orders that aren't "lost in email junk boxes", and make credit card transactions with proper security without paypal charges. Sending credit card details in an e-mail is just f*!%ing stupid.

Sure it's going to cost a bit to set up/maintain, but I'm sure many problems that have arisen previously can be solved by this added security and organisation.

Hell, an easier way to exponentially increase security is to send orders by email, and phone through credit card details.

I am EXTREMELY interested in this very cheap option to get into kegging, however I have not ordered due to the _apparent_ lack of integrity of the operation.

Matt,
Bad news in regards to eBay....
an online shop is pretty easy to set up with this free software.
All you need is a web host server with a database.
I don't like the idea of sending credit card via email!
I will be up for some more kegs and bits soon.
:super:

To all:
-Follow-up
-We HAVE NOT "switched" ebay accounts to avoid anything. We have been selling these kegs since 1996. The kegs were ORIGINALLY sold on the "pepsiequipment" account. (for several years in fact.)
-We then used "usedequip" for only keg stuff, and "pepsiequipment" for all the Vending machines, Coolers, Soda fountains and all of Pepsi's other equipment.

-RE Ecommerce website: Yes, we are working on that now.
-RE Splitting CC info into two emails: Yes some people STILL have reservations about this BUT according to Small Business Computing Magazine, email is SAFER than your telephone! We have had transaction like this since 1996 WITH NOT ONE BREACH OF SECURITY.

-YOUR CAN STILL USE FEEPAL if you like. Payments go to the same place. We offer OFF FEEPAL payments to those that are fed up with their ridiculous fees!

-We have -once again- asked the sellers that posted -FB and received their orders to contact ebay to state that they received their orders, but I assume that, out of spite, they will not. In the meantime if you still have concerns, just read around this Forum to see what other SATISFIED have to say about their orders!

-Remember, this was a TEMPORARY shipping snafu created while I was in China. All is back to normal...NOW...
Matt Chitiea

Matt,

I never got those parts you were supposed to send me, geez, must have been over 6 months ago now :(

I'm Blake...remember me? :rolleyes:

PZ.

Matt,
Bad news in regards to eBay....
an online shop is pretty easy to set up with this free software.
All you need is a web host server with a database.
I don't like the idea of sending credit card via email!
I will be up for some more kegs and bits soon.
:super:

WOW! Now that is what we need. THANK YOU. It looks like it sure beats the heck out of the $6,000 ecommerce quotes we have been getting!

Thanks, Matt.
PS: Now I have more reading tonight....
PSS: We believe in complete honesty and full disclosure. We posted the notice so that you all would know what is happening. If we were "shady", we would not have posted!
PSSS: Visa/MC/AMEX rules & regulations, Internationally and universally, offer greater protection than FEEpal does. You have greater protection against fraud via "chargebacks" by YOUR issuing bank than you do with FEEpal, even in AU.

-RE Splitting CC info into two emails: Yes some people STILL have reservations about this BUT according to Small Business Computing Magazine, email is SAFER than your telephone! We have had transaction like this since 1996 WITH NOT ONE BREACH OF SECURITY.

I have considerable experience in information security so I can speak with some knowledge here.

Your comparison of email vs telephone security is flawed. This is akin to saying that jumping off a 10 floor building is safer than jumping off a 20 floor building. Whilst the comparison is correct, both ideas are still stupid.

Your assertion that it is safe because there has been no prior breach is also flawed. There is always a first time for everything. If your security practices are lax then it will only be a matter of time.

Securing someone's credit card data is not just about securing the transmission of the number from the buyer to the seller. For instance:

Do you store the credit card numbers when you get them?
If not, I'll bet your computer (or your ISP) keeps a cached copy of your email somewhere.
If so, how do you store them and for how long?
On paper in a safe?
On a computer?
On a computer with virus and spyware protection?
Who has physical access to this computer?
Do you take backups of the computer?
Where do you store these backups?
Are the backups encrypted in case they fall into the wrong hands?
If your hard drive failed would you take it to a computer repair shop to get it fixed?
If so, which shop and which employees would get access to my credit card data in the process?

And there are many more questions I would need answered before I trusted you with my credit card details.

If you had an online ecommerce site ALL of this potentially sensitive credit card data could be handled by a mutually trusted third party - like paypal or a bank. They handle the financial transaction and credit your account with the funds.

Surely this is worth a few bucks per transaction, a few bucks that you can pass on to your customers anyway.

Do your customers a favour and withdraw the purchase by email option. Route everything through ebay and paypal until you get your online shop up and running.

-IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED YOUR U.S. CUSTOMS FORM, YOU ARE OK AND YOUR KEGS ARE ALREADY ON THEIR WAY.

Hi Matt, I never received a customs form. My order was placed through eBay about 2 months ago and I received confirmation from you that all orders had shipped a couple of months back.

Does this mean my order is still in the States, or on its way? Sans Customs form.....

Cheers
Dave.

I have considerable experience in information security so I can speak with some knowledge here.

Your comparison of email vs telephone security is flawed. This is akin to saying that jumping off a 10 floor building is safer than jumping off a 20 floor building. Whilst the comparison is correct, both ideas are still stupid..........

-I repeat, OFF FEEpal is just an OPTION that other purchasers have used since 1996. YOU CAN STILL USE FEEpal if you want to. You can email us the order form and FEEpal the funds; at least BOTH of us can save the FEEbay charges.
-We are working on the ecommerce site.
-As for "passing on the costs" ; We have NEVER added any cost to any item other than the $3 per box for the cost of the custom fitted shipping boxes!
-If you believe FEEpal is secure, go to www.nopaypal.com. Remember, YOU gave THEM the right to access YOUR credit card and bank account AND to confiscate funds at any time FOR ANY REASON. Remember, they do not abide by the U.S. Federal Consumer Protection Laws for they are NOT a registered U.S. Bank!!!!!

I'm still waiting for the kegs I ordered in October ..........

October 2005 that is <_<

Despite assurances that the order was being processed.

I'm still waiting for the kegs I ordered in October ..........

October 2005 that is <_<

Despite assurances that the order was being processed.

not good :(

Like RobW I'm still waiting for kegs since October 2005.

Placed 3 orders around the same day in October and only received one, and this was processed about 2 months late. When i asked for a copy the custom forms, one was legit, one was a copy of this and one was a copy from a previous order. When i pointed this out to Matt he was to look at it "when he comes back from China".

No reply ever since.

this sounds pretty sketchy. i was going to buy from this guy but its too unreliable and the business seems to be untrustworthy.

With no affiliation, etc:

To add another voice to the conversation, I've placed two orders about 18 months apart with Matt. Both orders turned up within the stated 12 weeks, in good condition and still holding pressure. Spares ('o' rings, etc) were included on both occasions at no charge. When you consider the landed price for the kegs, I consider I got value for my money.

Cheers
Peter

Good value if they arrive.... is it worth the risk ?
Sounds like low stakes gambling to me :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back