Kegs For $40 Au

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gout

Bentleigh Brau Haus
Reaction score
boys girls and beer lovers alike, i have been talking to a guy in the US who sells the Kegs cornials or what ever ( i have 6) and he sell's them for $15. its $50 per 2 kegs to freight.

I am at home (details at work) and will confirm everything before i go further but he was saying he cant belive the price in Australia of Kegs. i guess frieght + mark up = ~right

So if anyone wants some kegs then this might be a option. I was going to buy another 10 ~$400 :) that would be 16 kegs! i dont think i'll ever fill them!

with only one brew at a time and the other as a secondry i drink as quick as i brew.

Duty Tax or somthing might come into it? if so this might blow it out of the water!

Ben

This sounds good, but according to the customs website:

If the goods from overseas cost more thanor equal to:
250.00 aus air freight - will need to pay 10% GST Duty.
1000.00 aus sea/postal - will need to pay 10 % GST.

The prices quoted - are they in aus dollars.
The freight sounds like air mail to me.
Do they recondition, clean and presure test them etc.

It does sound like a good deal - but i think you need answers to the above questions.

Hope this helps.

Guys,

Hold tight for a day or so. My son is a Customes Broker and God bless him he's also into brewing (Now where did he get that from?)

I'll get the details from him. The one thing I do remember is that under a bylaw/TCO, if the Duty payable is less that $50 then they give an exemption.

Stay tuned!

Trev

P.S.
I just bought another 2 Corney kegs at $70 each only Wednesday!!!!!!

Trev,

Was the corney kegs from Craig Deacon ?

Ken,
Yes I got those 2 from Craig Deacon.

Ben,
I've checked with my son and I'm not sure if it will all work. In particular he is concerned that because the kegs are second hand, and because they have been used for food storage (yeah, so maybe Dr Pepper ain't really food but what the heck) that they may need to be declared for a Quarrantine inspection. This will cost extra as well. also if we try to bring in quite a few at a time, brokerage etc will apply as will Duty and GST.

I'm wondering then if it's worth trying it, just for 2 of the units. If it works then beauty!

Trev

:angry:
typical government bodies getting in the way of great ideas.
there i was thinking we rode on the beer drinkers back.
nevermind worth a shot

B)

Never mind i have worked out a final price (with out any additional tax/duty etc)
$62 each

so just continue buying from craig, he is close to the money and there fully rebuilt seal etc

sorry for getting your hopes up :angry:

Ben,

On ebay - there is a guy selling the kegs for 10.00 usd - fully rebuilt tested etc.
Freight air is approx 25.00usd.

Therefore,
35.00 usd approx 55.00 ea aus dollars.

Ben said:
thats the guy, $15 from the factory (no ebay auction needed)

he is where i got the prices on freight etc
Ben,

You can get him to quote on sea parcel freight.
Keep it under 1000.00 AUS - total order.

Take 4-6 weeks to get here...

This should dramitically reduce the price.

Hope this helps

this was sea freight ...

"Prices are US$

Freight is sea"

And

"
We sell them out of the warehouse for $15.00 each

Shipping to Australia is $50.65 for 2

So for 10 your total will be $403.25 or $40.33 per keg

I have had others say they sell for around $100.00 each in Australia is this true?

I prefer payment with Money order, Cashier check, or personal check.

PayPal payments are only accepted from users with Confirmed PayPal addresses

I do have PayPal available if you would like to use a Credit card.

Use Email [email protected] for PayPal

Please respond by E-mail when payment will be sent and I'll return mail when received and shipped. Allow 14 days for checks to clear before shipping. Please respond in 24 Hours to speed return response.

I'm sure you will enjoy them

Please send check or money order to:

J.D. Waggener

Cowboy Territory .com

PO Box 539

Sheridan, Wy. 82801

"

these are the info via E-mail i got if it is of any help to anyone

Is it me or is he charging $50 frieght for every 2 kegs. I thought it would have been more like, x-kegs plus,say, $70 frieght for the extra weight. :(

Its $50 per 2 kegs

dunno if its weight or size ... but its $50 US$

i am giving up i think maybe in 6 months i'll buy another 3 kegs or 6 :) from Craig i guess

Back