Kegs & Equipment

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisN

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am based in Adelaide, can anbody tell me which is the best place to go for kegs and regulators? A phone around some of the local brewshops came up with the price for an 18 litre keg of around the $100 mark. After lookin at the messages on the craftbrewer message list this seems a little expensive.

Also I believe that it is possible to use oxygen regulators (ex oxy/acetylene set) on CO2 bottles, has anybody tried this?

All the Best
ChrisN

ChrisN,

Hi.
I have just set myself up and a couple of mates into Kegging.
This is what i have found out:
Cheapest 2 guage regulator...Grumpys in Adelaide $85.00
Cheapest kegs....Craig Deacon from Kegs on Australia $68.00 ea plus freight. ($75.00 ea to Canberra)

However,
I am coming to Adelaide over Easter and can/should be able to get you the following:
Annadale Pull down Taps .....$60.00ea
Twist Taps ............................$45.00 ea.
Both Taps come with the fridge adaptor and nipple...add $8.00ea for plastic push lock fitting to take 4mm Inside Diameter Beer Line (proper stuff $2.00 pm) plus $5.00 for 4mm to 6mm converter including clamps to go from 4mm to 6mm for the disconnects.
I can also get a choice of Beer labels for the taps...

I am also lining up some second hand kegs for - depending upon condition - $35.00 - $50.00. ea.
Recon kits are $8.50 from Craig Deacon.
Disconnects - plastic are $18.50 gas and liquid.

You should do a dual tap keg setup - will need a "t" piece to branch gas line.

Let me know if you want anything and i can bring it over with me...

Try and give me a week or two notice. You should be able to get a Dual Tap Keg setup for approx $430.00.

Send me an e-mail if you have any more questions...

Howdy Chris,
Try Vince from North East Home Brew on Payneham Rd, all my brewing supplies have come from him so far and he doesn't bullshit you around, he's straight to the point and no hard sales pitches like some other home brew places.

I have bought full recon kegs with new seals etc for $65 (18L) from Vince which I thought was reasonable, last time I was there (last Saturday)he had very few kegs left at that price due to new one's coming in from the states which are better quality but the price was going through the roof ~$100 - $110 I think he said.

If you want the phone number let me know and I'll track it down.

While looking at winery supplies web catalouge

http://www.winerysupplies.com.au/

for vc tanks for winemaking, I noticed they sell
22.5 litre s/s kegs for $75.90, as well as other sizes
these would probably be brand new.

look under wine storage, on page 5

Thanks to all for the replies, I now have a couple of kegs and over the next few weeks will gather together the rest of the gear
ChrisN

Back