Kegmenter triclamp

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rude

Reaction score
Made up a kegmenter with a bigger hole

I can't hold pressure can hear gas leaking from my triclamp

Not sure if I have the right clamp ?

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1480398249.157724.jpgImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1480398336.662507.jpgImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1480398505.733672.jpg

Looks awesome!

Have you tried a little keg lube? And or perhaps a different gasket?

what size TC is it?

Looks the right size. Spray some star san or something bubbly on it and try to work out where the leak is coming from.

6" triclamp

Yes tightened right up

Will try some keg lube

Will hunt down another gasket

Cheers for suggestions

does your gasket have a raised lip on the sides as most do? looks like it does from the pic.

if it does get a razor and trim it off then it should seal ok

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1480405735.329326.jpgImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1480405779.267602.jpg
It does but that bit fits into the groove on the end cap & the other side into the groove on the ferrule

That's cool rude.
I hope some lube fixes it for you.
Did you make or buy the lid and where did you source the clamp mate.

Looks like a teflon gasket, why don't you try a silicon one as they are more squishy and will seal better.

Will try a silicon gasket Still Dragon have them so I'll try them

Bought triclamp on evil bay cant remember where

Cheers all

Run a straight edge across the triclover blank in a few spots, check for heat distortion from the welding. I'd check especially across the outside of each pairing of the three fittings in an equilateral triangle.

Thought of that but didn't do it will do it now though thanks

Is the gasket rigid? If so its teflon and likely wont seal well. EPDM seals are chesp and will seal better. Silicone is good too but more exy.

Back