Kegmenter transfer techniques

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doobieparker

Reaction score
I've been using a floating dip tube for a while now but seems to get stuck at certain points when the tube becomes rigid after the cold crash. I was just wondering if any one else experienced this problem and what you've done to over come it

I use the floating tube as well. I have issues where the kegmenter had got 10psi and the keg Im transferring it to has the spunding at atmosphere and the transfer is almost stopped. At the start it seems to go ok, but I think that might just be when the 10psi in the keg is released. I have purchased recently some heavier silicon tube to see if that helps. The only thing I can think of is the silicon tube is collapsing not allowing the beer to come out of the kegmenter. My last resort will be to get a corney keg dip tube and cut it to length for my kegmenter. But if anyone else had any ideas they would be appreciated.

The only thing I can think of is the silicon tube is collapsing not allowing the beer to come out of the kegmenter.
I have a similar issue and thought it was the tube collapsing. However it doesn’t “collapse” when pouring with a short hose as it fairly gushes out.
I use a long bit of line for kegging so I don’t have to move the fermenter and I’m pretty sure the restriction in the transfer hose is what slows me to a trickle when transferring.

Back