Kegmate

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thunderlips

Reaction score
Does anyone own one of these things?
I've got a large keg fridge out in the garage but wouldn't mind one of these in the
house. Not as far to walk :) and they look pretty fancy too with the stainless door.

Anyway, my questions, do you think an Andale 3 tap T-bar font would go on top of this fridge?
My font is flooded but obviously I wont be bothering about that considering the limited space inside.
Also, I see there is a temperature display above the door and some buttons next to it. Are these used to control the temp?
Does the co2 bottle go outside the fridge? I think it does but would like to be sure.

I've seen the cheapies on Ebay that come with everything, including font etc, but they just don't look that good and I'm not keen
on the rounded door or chrome/brass taps. I've pretty much got all I need anyway.

For those that don't know what I'm talking about, it's one of these...
http://www.kegmate.com.au/

Thundelips, that subject has been discussed here already:
Argh, forgot to search!
Thanks Zwickel.

Edit: Just checked, those threads mostly go on about the Ebay fridges and not the Kegmate,
which has some differences I was curious about, specifically the temp display and gas bottle inside or outside.
Ross might know since he sells them. Might fire off an email.

My mate dom just brought a kegmate through G&G. Paid the best part of 700-800 i think. Expensive (he had the spatre cash) but practical. Every bar fridge he looked at had the compressor hump and this dosnt. Holds 3x19L or 1x50L keg. Nice LCD temprature control too on the fridge(0c - 5C i think). Looks dead sexy with the stainless door and black top finish.

He's still got the normal font on but is going to get a two or three tap non flooded font. flooded you wont need as the lines are in the fridge anyway.

I thought they were overpriced till i saw one. They save space too.

I thought they were overpriced till i saw one. They save space too.
Thanks Fents.
They are quite expensive but as you say most small fridges have a compressor hump AND a freezer.
The freezer alone makes them no good for kegs.
Probably much better quality than the Ebay jobs too.

So you reckon it would take a standard Andale T-bar font no probs?
Did you notice if your mates co2 bottle was outside or inside?
I think it's got a hole in the back for the gas line to go out to the bottle but I'm not sure.

Edit: Never mind about the gas bottle. The pics at Kegmate's site show a hole in the back of the fridge.

Thanks Fents.
They are quite expensive but as you say most small fridges have a compressor hump AND a freezer.
The freezer alone makes them no good for kegs.
Probably much better quality than the Ebay jobs too.

So you reckon it would take a standard Andale T-bar font no probs?
Did you notice if your mates co2 bottle was outside or inside?
I think it's got a hole in the back for the gas line to go out to the bottle but I'm not sure.

Edit: Never mind about the gas bottle. The pics at Kegmate's site show a hole in the back of the fridge.

I have seen plenty of these at G&G. The Co2 bottle goes on the outside and runs hoses in through a purpose built hole. I am going to buy one as soon as I have the space. :)

I have seen plenty of these at G&G. The Co2 bottle goes on the outside and runs hoses in through a purpose built hole. I am going to buy one as soon as I have the space. :)
Excellent.
I'd much prefer the bottle outside. You'd just need to cover it with something or hide it somehow.

i belive you can put the co2 inside or outside the fridge, depends how many kegs you have in there.

i think you could upgrade the font no worries at a later stage.

for the same price you pay for one of these fridges only (no bottle, no kegs, no regs, no font, etc etc) you can get almost a full setup.

for just over a thousand dollars I got

keg fridge with chrome font and aus dual gage reg,
keg on legs 6.8kg
2 cornies
drip tray, rail guard, etc etc

without the gas bottle it'd be 700 bucks for the whole setup minus the c02, the exact same price for this fridge only.

Hey Thunderlips,

Santa gave me one of these last Christmas. I wrote a review you may be interested in. Should answer most of your questions except the Andale font one...

Cheers,
Michael.

for the same price you pay for one of these fridges only (no bottle, no kegs, no regs, no font, etc etc) you can get almost a full setup.

for just over a thousand dollars I got

keg fridge with chrome font and aus dual gage reg,
keg on legs 6.8kg
2 cornies
drip tray, rail guard, etc etc

without the gas bottle it'd be 700 bucks for the whole setup minus the c02, the exact same price for this fridge only.

for some ppl its about convience. no holes to drill and very little setting it up.

Does anyone own one of these things?
I've got a large keg fridge out in the garage but wouldn't mind one of these in the
house. Not as far to walk :) and they look pretty fancy too with the stainless door.

Anyway, my questions, do you think an Andale 3 tap T-bar font would go on top of this fridge?
My font is flooded but obviously I wont be bothering about that considering the limited space inside.
Also, I see there is a temperature display above the door and some buttons next to it. Are these used to control the temp?
Does the co2 bottle go outside the fridge? I think it does but would like to be sure.

I've seen the cheapies on Ebay that come with everything, including font etc, but they just don't look that good and I'm not keen
on the rounded door or chrome/brass taps. I've pretty much got all I need anyway.

For those that don't know what I'm talking about, it's one of these...
http://www.kegmate.com.au/

Thunderlips,

I've just recently purchased two Kegmates. You can see photos of my set up in the "Kegging setups" thread.

Highly recommend them.

If your ever over this side of town (eastern suburbs) you're welcome to have a look.

Scott

for some ppl its about convience. no holes to drill and very little setting it up.

what do you mean convenience? it's all put together already?

for $400 you get:

fridge, font, tubes, tap, dual gage reg, CUB coupler, SS driptray, rail, etc all put together with a nice stainless steel fridge door. only thing you need to add is kegs and gas.

if you already have gas and kegs, get fully setup for 400 bucks.

what do you mean convenience? it's all put together already?

for $400 you get:

fridge, font, tubes, tap, dual gage reg, CUB coupler, SS driptray, rail, etc all put together with a nice stainless steel fridge door. only thing you need to add is kegs and gas.

if you already have gas and kegs, get fully setup for 400 bucks.

so what about drilling holes in fridge for lines / taps? installing a drip tray? installing a fridgemate? someone people just arnt good with tools (not me personally i went with the proper sized fridge like you) and yes i belive it is convient to buy a beer fridge that has been made specifically for the purpose of serving beer, with all holes pre drilled, temp controller installed etc etc.

edit - if you mean do these kegmates all come put together? well you sure dont have to assemble the fridge or drill any holes..

it's exactly the same as a Kegmate only cheaper and not such a rip off. it has everything EXCEPT gas and a keg. You need NOTHING else, no holes drilled, nothing! pictured with single gage reg, but it comes with a Tesuco aus dual gage reg too. It's just a cheap chinese made fridge, but been running for a week now and it keeps a constant temp of between 1-6 degrees or there abouts with the control inside the fridge and so far so good. still waiting on my damn kegs to arrive though.

here's some quick photos of mine after I removed the font.

sl370509ef3.jpg

sl370510nd1.jpg

sl370511za4.jpg

sl370514ov9.jpg

well quantocks you probably think im on drugs? (prob wouldnt be wrong either sometimes) sorry mate i fully thought the whole time you were saying you could buy a "normal" size fridge and fit it out for much less...like with a tap in the door of the fridge etc etc. totally didnt know you were talking about another brand "kegmate".

only diff i can see with yours is theres no LCD temp control panel other than that it looks identical.

sorry again mate, im a tripper sometimes.

well quantocks you probably think im on drugs? (prob wouldnt be wrong either sometimes) sorry mate i fully thought the whole time you were saying you could buy a "normal" size fridge and fit it out for much less...like with a tap in the door of the fridge etc etc. totally didnt know you were talking about another brand "kegmate".

only diff i can see with yours is theres no LCD temp control panel other than that it looks identical.

sorry again mate, im a tripper sometimes.

haha nah, it's okay. I am useless at explaining things ;)

that's why i posted a few pics, it cost me 400 bucks on eBay, it's not as flash as the KegMate with the lcd temp control on the front but it saved me a hell of a lot of money. (400 as opposed to 800 + font)

the temp control is a dial in the fridge, theres room for a gas bottle to go inside the fridge but since I got a 7kg my keg on legs, it will have to stay outside.

it only fits two 19L postmix kegs or one 50L though, as it has the compressor hump inside it. so it has its advantages (cost) vs space (3 kegs with Kegmate only 2 with this one)

which ebay supplier did you purchase this from??? cheers looking around for a kegging system at the moment

cheers phil

I think the only issue I have seen with the "cheap" ones are the taps and fonts. I bought a cheap 2 tap font ($70) and stopped using it after a week. I think the tap and fonts are more getting what you pay for.

Latest posts

Back