Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What adapters are needed to upgrade the pump to the 25w on the 65L Gen 4?

I notice the pump head on the smaller one is push on while the 25w has threaded fittings. I assume 1/2bsp to 13mm barb or similar?

Also, does the pre tapped holes for the bigger pump take into account the extra length adapters will add in regard to the standard hosing underneath or will the hoses need to be shortened/replaced once the bigger pump is mounted

Cheers

If you can hold off with the upgrade for the moment that might be best as we are probably going to sell an upgrade kit soon. Different hose lengths are required for the pump upgrade and we will probably also do a video on this process soon so you can see what is involved.

We do already have these in stock but they are just not on the website yet. You are after part numbers (KL08953 - Left Solid Door) and (KL08938 - Right Solid Door).

We will take photos and put these up on the website soon so they can be purchased. Alternatively if you email us we can just send you an invoice to make the purchase in the meantime.
Brilliant will send through an email!

These are great but remember these only work for a one sitting situation. Once you introcude air (oxygen) to your beer it will start to degrade.
Not sure what you mean? The beer is in the bag, the air pressure squeezes the bag and forces out the beer. How is air getting into the bag?
These are common in pubs across the UK and seems to work for them.

Yes our stock situation is quickly getting better and we are holding more of the spare parts for this kit so we should have the whole kit available in 1-2 weeks.
Hi @KegLand-com-au - Just wondering how the stock situation is going, and if there's a chance of this kit being available soon (even if not directly via the website)? I'm really keen to get across to the tri-clover fittings...

Not sure what you mean? The beer is in the bag, the air pressure squeezes the bag and forces out the beer. How is air getting into the bag?
These are common in pubs across the UK and seems to work for them.
Sorry I didn't realise there was a bag also. I missed that but. This idea definitely works then 👍

When you purchase the new device from us we do have some factory set NTC settings however as soon as you do the calibration process these settings get overwritten. You can do a factory reset of the device though by going into the boot menu.

If you have done one calibration and you feel the figures are still out I would simply do the calibration again. Once the NTC probe has been calibrated you should get accuracy of +/- 0.3.
I have re calibrated the external probe again (twice) using water at 0deg and 100 deg. Still getting a 1.5deg difference between the external probe and pill at 20deg. External probe is stuck to the outside of the fermzilla and covered in bubble wrap. Not sure what else I can do.

Attachments

• RAPTferm13-10-22.jpg
    RAPTferm13-10-22.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 0
I have re calibrated the external probe again (twice) using water at 0deg and 100 deg. Still getting a 1.5deg difference between the external probe and pill at 20deg. External probe is stuck to the outside of the fermzilla and covered in bubble wrap. Not sure what else I can do.

It's quite possible that you do have an actual 1.5 degree difference between the external probe and pill. Bubble wrap is good and it will help to get a much closer reading of the core temp in the fermenter but it's not to say that it's perfect which is why customers also use thermowells to get a true core reading in a fermenter.

Just out of interest what do you get on the probe if you move the probe to the top of the fridge and the bottom of the fridge. I would also suspect that you would get a different reading too.

For instance if you get your domesic fridge that you put your groceries in at home if you put 4 different probes into the same fridge in different corners you will probably also get different readings.

Sorry I didn't realise there was a bag also. I missed that but. This idea definitely works then 👍

We are still working to make a reliable solution that will work with a re-usable stainless steel keg but in the meantime we do have this option from Talos:
https://www.kegland.com.au/20l-talos-one-way-keg-t-type.html
Even though they are not designed for re-use it's possible to wash them out and use them a few times but eventually the bladder will wear out and fail.

Is it possible to easily set up delayed heating (eg for tomorrow morning) on the BZ gen 4? If so, what is the simplest method

Every time I send a profile to the device it starts immediately & I have to cancel it.. Very frustrating...

Please include a simple menu option for this in future upgrades.

Is it possible to easily set up delayed heating (eg for tomorrow morning) on the BZ gen 4? If so, what is the simplest method

Every time I send a profile to the device it starts immediately & I have to cancel it.. Very frustrating...

Edit your profile by adding a period from current time to desired pre heat for mash time, with the temperature set at current ambient in the boiler.

Yeah, just set the first stage for the number of hours until you want it to start heating and set the temp for a little below room temp. It costs you one stage, but I've never needed them all.

Edit your profile by adding a period from current time to desired pre heat for mash time, with the temperature set at current ambient in the boiler.
Cheers, Yeah That is what I have been doing but just find it annoying to have to create/edit a profile every time. I quite often like to brew manually & delayed start is usually a last minute late night thing when the idea comes. Be good to not have to go through RAPT portal every time

I would like to submit a feature request to have this added to controller menu in future upgrades

Cheers

@KegLand-com-au - Any plans to release an updated Fermzilla cone gasket that would covert older Fermzillas to tri-clamp?

In the near future we will be doing one last upgrade to the Tri-Conical and we will also have the collection container attach to the butterfly valve directly with tri-clover fitting too. Once this is available we will put together an upgrade bundle. The tooling is just getting finished now so I think we should be able to release this by the end of the year. So if you can wait just a bit longer I think this will be the best upgrade.

This will be a huge upgrade but it will require you to replace the tank itself. We will probably discontinue the older tanks soon as the new Tri-Conical tanks are really the way to go and we are getting a lot of positive feedback on this new product already.

Yes that is exactly what I was going to say. As we have the new profiles it's really easy just to make a delayed start profile which will be the same as the delayed start.

For instance:
STEP 1 - 0C for 8 hrs
STEP 2 - 75C

If you like we can save this as a global profile that you can just download to the device and this will save you doing it yourself. Do you think that would be useful? how many hours delay would you like?

I should also say you can make STEP 1 even longer such as 20hrs. Then you can fast forward in this profile to the number of hours and therefore do not need to go to the portal. Are you aware that there is a fast forward feature in the profile control on the BrewZilla?

Yes that is exactly what I was going to say. As we have the new profiles it's really easy just to make a delayed start profile which will be the same as the delayed start.

For instance:
STEP 1 - 0C for 8 hrs
STEP 2 - 75C

If you like we can save this as a global profile that you can just download to the device and this will save you doing it yourself. Do you think that would be useful? how many hours delay would you like?

I should also say you can make STEP 1 even longer such as 20hrs. Then you can fast forward in this profile to the number of hours and therefore do not need to go to the portal. Are you aware that there is a fast forward feature in the profile control on the BrewZilla?

I suppose that would be handy for those that only brew manually but your question highlights the issue:

how many hours delay would you like?

That is always going to be variable unless you set up the unit & start the profile at exactly the same time the day before... If this time period could be Changed/entered from the BZ controller then I think that would be very beneficial for alot of end users

Cheers

Last edited:
Back