Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi KL,

The 8lt PET kegs look neat. Saw in the YT vid you mentioned an upcoming 4lt version. Any idea on when these might be available??

Cheers

Hopefully the 4L version will be finished in about 3-4 months from now. We have already made some samples but we are modifying the tooling slightly to improve the oxygen transmission rate.

Hi, can I kindly ask you for Thumb Screw O-Ring size?

I will find out and let you know. We do stock the spares. I assume you mean this one right:
1657309387958.png

Any updates on the benchtop mini kegerators?

Yes these small bench top kegerators are a top priority for us now and I think we should have them finished at the end of this year. In fact we have a question for you guys. We were wondering if you would be interested in us working with small micro breweries to supply them the 4L PCO 38 kegs so micro-breweries can package beer into these kegs and then supply them to the public so you can dispense them with the small bench top kegerator? Is this something you would like to see. The kegs can be used for home brewing too but sometimes it's nice to be able to purchase commercial beer in a compatible keg system to what you are already using in your home brew setup.

NOTE: The 4L PCO38 kegs will be much less laborious for micro-breweries to fill than packaging cans or bottles and they will be about 1/4 of the packaging cost.

@KegLand-com-au I have both a Rapt Pill and the Temperature controller. Correct me if I'm wrong, I seem to remember in one of the videos there was talk of creating the temperature profile steps based on the gravity from the pill rather than simply a time interval. I can't find this functionality in the portal, nor can I find a ticket in the gitlab board. Is there any update on this?

I am not sure what the benefit of me linking the pill with the temp controller is right now, I don't even seem to be able to use the pill as a temperature source for the controller.

Yes this is underway now. We have a new more complex profile management system that will be released soon. This has continually been pushed back as we also wanted to finish some of the other RAPT devices first that will work with this new profile management. I think this new firmware update will be released to the public very soon so make sure your devices are connected to the internet and the new firmware should automatically update itself so it includes this feature.

Yes these small bench top kegerators are a top priority for us now and I think we should have them finished at the end of this year. In fact we have a question for you guys. We were wondering if you would be interested in us working with small micro breweries to supply them the 4L PCO 38 kegs so micro-breweries can package beer into these kegs and then supply them to the public so you can dispense them with the small bench top kegerator? Is this something you would like to see. The kegs can be used for home brewing too but sometimes it's nice to be able to purchase commercial beer in a compatible keg system to what you are already using in your home brew setup.

NOTE: The 4L PCO38 kegs will be much less laborious for micro-breweries to fill than packaging cans or bottles and they will be about 1/4 of the packaging cost.
Awesome.

I'd mainly be pouring homebrew but having brewery beer options is also great and would open up the mini kegerator to the non-homebrew crowd that love their local brewery. I've had mini kegs filled from breweries before so many would be keen.

Yes.

In fact we have a question for you guys. We were wondering if you would be interested in us working with small micro breweries to supply them the 4L PCO 38 kegs so micro-breweries can package beer into these kegs and then supply them to the public so you can dispense them with the small bench top kegerator? Is this something you would like to see.
Absolutely!!!

Awesome.

I'd mainly be pouring homebrew but having brewery beer options is also great and would open up the mini kegerator to the non-homebrew crowd that love their local brewery. I've had mini kegs filled from breweries before so many would be keen.

That's great to hear. I tend to agree with this.

Quick question about the fermzilla. My father in law is keen for me to have a crack at mead. I was going to do the primary in a plastic bucket, then want to transfer for clearing/aging. How is the fermzilla for long term storage? Is there much risk of oxygen ingress over 6-12 months of aging? Or is it better to buy a glass carboy, recognising that their is no perfect answer, except maybe a keg, which I don't want to use?

I’ve recently moved house and will now need to have my series 4 serving fridge on floorboards (was previously on tiles). I noticed the fridge often leaked water on the ground due to temperature fluctuations and constant frosting/defrosting inside the fridge. I didn’t mind it doing it on tiles but I do not want water to pool under the fridge on the floorboards. Is there a way to stop this? Maybe put the fridge on a big oil drip tray or something?
You answered your own question

Quick question about the fermzilla. My father in law is keen for me to have a crack at mead. I was going to do the primary in a plastic bucket, then want to transfer for clearing/aging. How is the fermzilla for long term storage? Is there much risk of oxygen ingress over 6-12 months of aging? Or is it better to buy a glass carboy, recognising that their is no perfect answer, except maybe a keg, which I don't want to use?
Seems like a bad fit and use for a fermzilla for 6-12 months. Fermzillas are very good for a specific purpose and that's not it. I would primary in fermzilla and get glass carboy for long term storage.

Seems like a bad fit and use for a fermzilla for 6-12 months
Agree. KL talk about their new 8l plastic kegs as being designed to have low o2 ingress, maybe that would be a better option? Or just a corny keg?
Nothing to suggest a FZ is any good at avoiding O2 ingress

I would also suggest a corny keg; I just skipped it because he said he didn't want to use one.

Back