Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not the whole unit, just a sight glass is not the hop bong.

So the hop bong is the 2" Hop Bong Swedish Pumper Pressure Pack for FermZilla? I would have thought that was the 2" Hop Bong Swedish Pumper Pressure Pack for FermZilla…

Kegland

You must be generating great insights from all of the data collected by the RAPT platform. Is this something that could be used to build more intellegence for example around mash or fermentation profiles?

I love watching my fermentations but am looking at the data and would love to see for example a second AI created SG line showing a mean / median fermentation profile so that I could start to understand the finer inputs of temperture / pressure etc during the ferment and predicted results.

Kegland

You must be generating great insights from all of the data collected by the RAPT platform. Is this something that could be used to build more intellegence for example around mash or fermentation profiles?

I love watching my fermentations but am looking at the data and would love to see for example a second AI created SG line showing a mean / median fermentation profile so that I could start to understand the finer inputs of temperture / pressure etc during the ferment and predicted results.

It's funny that you mention this. This is definitely something that we are discussing at the moment. At some stage in the future we will have pull down menu when you put in a profile to say what yeast you are using and have some type of recipe integrated into the profile. With respect to mash we will also do a similar thing.

Once we have the fermentation and mash profiles linked to certain recipes this will give us really good mash and fermentation data with plenty of temperature, gravity, and time logging. We hope that using this data it will enable us to fit a predictive graph to your mash and fermentation profile so if you select a certain yeast, temperature profile and ingredients the predicted attenuation over time or mash conversion will be predicted and overlaid on the graph. We do not have enough data at this stage and the data is not coordinated well enough for this yet but certainly this is a direction that we will be heading in.

Not in stock

Yes we are missing a few of the components. We have several new parts in this new assembly and we are in the process of buffering up stock levels of all these so the hop bong assembly doesn't sell out so frequently.

To be honest you might be better off purchasing the parts that are in stock first and then purchasing the other parts later. We normally price the "bundle" at a price which is the same or very similar to purchasing the parts separately anyway.

It's funny that you mention this. This is definitely something that we are discussing at the moment. At some stage in the future we will have pull down menu when you put in a profile to say what yeast you are using and have some type of recipe integrated into the profile. With respect to mash we will also do a similar thing.

Once we have the fermentation and mash profiles linked to certain recipes this will give us really good mash and fermentation data with plenty of temperature, gravity, and time logging. We hope that using this data it will enable us to fit a predictive graph to your mash and fermentation profile so if you select a certain yeast, temperature profile and ingredients the predicted attenuation over time or mash conversion will be predicted and overlaid on the graph. We do not have enough data at this stage and the data is not coordinated well enough for this yet but certainly this is a direction that we will be heading in.
That is really interesting to me and definitely a great reason for me to continue to invest in the RAPT ecosystem. I know this is not going to be for all - and some traditionalists won’t like it but for me this hearalds a new era in brewing and should make home brewing even more accessible than it is has become over the next few years. It will help newer brewers especially understand the process by showing the possibilities and consequences of decisions and ultimately get a better result more predictably. Keep it up!

I’ve recently moved house and will now need to have my series 4 serving fridge on floorboards (was previously on tiles). I noticed the fridge often leaked water on the ground due to temperature fluctuations and constant frosting/defrosting inside the fridge. I didn’t mind it doing it on tiles but I do not want water to pool under the fridge on the floorboards. Is there a way to stop this? Maybe put the fridge on a big oil drip tray or something?

Hi, looks like there's a bug in your latest version of the RAPT Chamber, either that or perfect timing for the heating element in mine to stop working.

I was cold crashing at the end of fermentation and had the temp set to -2 degrees for a couple of days. Went out to check it this afternoon and it was reading -9 degrees and my Pill in the fermenter was at reading -4 degrees.

Based on the reading in the RAPT profile looks like it started happening around 6am today. And I went to check the firmware version of the fridge and looks like it was released yesterday.
20220623_012003

Luckily my chamber was in the cold crash stage, so it hopefully didn't ruin the brew. But the beer is now full of ice crystals.

So a warning to anyone out their in crucial stages of fermentation to go check it if you've got it set to automatically update.

Whats the point if you cant use it as its intended in its entirety?
I'm guessing they've say, ordered 100 of each component. 100 of some components come in, but only say, 75 of others come in. The list 75 kits and sell out, but are left with 25 of the remaining components.

At some point, they'll get the other 25 of that component and make up more kits, which will sell out quickly.

If you buy 90% of the parts, then when they get those 25 remaining components, you can grab them then.

This is all hypothetical.

Hi All

Just took delivery of my RAPT temp Controller and was doing some testing today. For the life of my I couldn't get it to do data logging every 15mins. it just kept defaulting to 1hr.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Scott

Hi KL,

The 8lt PET kegs look neat. Saw in the YT vid you mentioned an upcoming 4lt version. Any idea on when these might be available??

Cheers

@KegLand-com-au I have both a Rapt Pill and the Temperature controller. Correct me if I'm wrong, I seem to remember in one of the videos there was talk of creating the temperature profile steps based on the gravity from the pill rather than simply a time interval. I can't find this functionality in the portal, nor can I find a ticket in the gitlab board. Is there any update on this?

I am not sure what the benefit of me linking the pill with the temp controller is right now, I don't even seem to be able to use the pill as a temperature source for the controller.

We have changed the design of all the new Core 360 units so you do not chop up that o-ring in the new designed units. With that said on the older units this can be avoilded by just not unscrewing the thumb screw out too far. You only really need to unscrew the thumb screw to the point where the pin on the gas cylinder is no longer getting depressed.
Hi, can I kindly ask you for Thumb Screw O-Ring size?

Sorry, I missed this statement. The mini kegerator is coming along and we are pretty much done with the design process. We are moving to tooling now. Normally we would have about 2 months getting tooling completed, then another 2 months of internal testing and then once this is completed we will move to approvals and this can take 2-4 months. So at a bit of a guess I would say we are 6-8 months from getting the mini kegerator finished now.
Any updates on the benchtop mini kegerators?

Any updates on the benchtop mini kegerators?

I'm guessing they've say, ordered 100 of each component. 100 of some components come in, but only say, 75 of others come in. The list 75 kits and sell out, but are left with 25 of the remaining components.

At some point, they'll get the other 25 of that component and make up more kits, which will sell out quickly.

If you buy 90% of the parts, then when they get those 25 remaining components, you can grab them then.

This is all hypothetical.

Yes that is correct. This is basically what we are trying to say.

Back