Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could a refractometer be built-in to just take readings of the wort inside the brewzilla? Maybe that's too lazy. But it would be fun to track the gravity continuously while brewing.

I guess even if the refractometer could be integrated, it would drive up the cost of the brewzilla for a feature many people wouldn't really want. Since you just need a few drops of wort, having it separate and bluetooth connected probably makes more sense.

We finished manufacturing a new CO2 and nitrogen filling machine last week and we were doing testing on this just last week and we are happy with our new machine to fill these Sodastream bottles. The new machine is able to fill nitrogen or CO2 into the sodastream bottles (not mixed). We are now waiting on nitrogen heat shrink that will go over the existing heat shrink to show that the cylinder has been filled with nitrogen.

With respect to cost of this to fill these KegLand sodastream bottles we were thinking we would charge:

Nitrogen fill (to 160bar) - $10 per fill
CO2 single fill (with 450grams CO2) - $10
CO2 x 6 fill (with 450grams CO2) - $5 per fill

As we have made this process quite a bit more automated we will be able to fill these bottles far more efficiently and we were thinking many customers with sodastream machines would prefer an inexpensive filling option for CO2 sodastream bottles too. What do you guys think? Would this type of service be useful for you.

Yes the sodastream bottle will work fine with the nitrogen and using the Core 360 Regulator. This is really the best regulator for the job.

Also to begin with this service would only be available for swaps of these cylinders at our Noble Park (Victoria) distribution centre. If you had to get fills in other states we will have to work with other partners to setup these automated filling machines.
does this mean you will stock 2.6Kg nitrogen bottles also? not sure if that's overkill size wise.

Used your robobrew system today so happy with it the courier you guys use is great also.
Only problem is I have no idea how to clean the bloody thing, also on the ricirculation arm the camlock kept springing I have no indication why as my other equipment with camlocks didn't spring but easily fixed with a peg spring

Hi Kegland,

I would like to upgrade from a series 4 kegerator to a series X, or X plus, in order to get a fourth keg to hold water.

I currently have a largish fridge for cold crashing and am downsizing (one of the kids wants to use the brewing room for a bedroom!) so I plan to repurpose the series 4 as a brew fridge instead.

I am also considering disposing of the series 4 and getting a single series X plus to hold the four kegs and use the other half for cold crashing (and abandoning temperature control). I need to move the brewing gear into my office and I have very limited space and this would save me 40cm which could be used as cupboard space.

My questions:

Are the fonts compatible between the fridges or will I need to buy a new one?

Is there enough room in the X plus to hold 4 kegs and an all-rounder?

Is there enough room in the X plus to hold 4 kegs and an 29L kegmenter?

Any comments/suggestions welcome!

Cheers, Paul

Hi Kegland,

I would like to upgrade from a series 4 kegerator to a series X, or X plus, in order to get a fourth keg to hold water.

I currently have a largish fridge for cold crashing and am downsizing (one of the kids wants to use the brewing room for a bedroom!) so I plan to repurpose the series 4 as a brew fridge instead.

I am also considering disposing of the series 4 and getting a single series X plus to hold the four kegs and use the other half for cold crashing (and abandoning temperature control). I need to move the brewing gear into my office and I have very limited space and this would save me 40cm which could be used as cupboard space.

My questions:

Are the fonts compatible between the fridges or will I need to buy a new one?

Is there enough room in the X plus to hold 4 kegs and an all-rounder?

Is there enough room in the X plus to hold 4 kegs and an 29L kegmenter?

Any comments/suggestions welcome!

Cheers, Paul

1. Yes the fonts are compatible and the screw holes use the same M5 screws that are in the same configuration.
2. Looking at the CAD it should be possible to fit 1x30L all rounder and 4 x 19L ball lock kegs.
3. The Kegmenter is slightly larger in diameter but based on the CAD this should also fit with 4 x 19L Ball lock kegs.

@KegLand-com-au when can we expect to see your new mini tap?

We have started the tooling process for this new tap design so hopefully we will have the first units arriving to us in about 1 month. Once we confirm the samples are working correctly and we finish testing on these we will then start manufacturing these in larger qualities and this will take about 3 months.

Could a refractometer be built-in to just take readings of the wort inside the brewzilla? Maybe that's too lazy. But it would be fun to track the gravity continuously while brewing.

It's funny that you mention this. It's something that we have been working on recently. We were thinking this would be a separately stand alone unit and not built into the brewery. We were thinking of using a hand held unit that is battery powered then having the probe is on a cable and you leave it inside the mash tun while mashing or even boiling so the gravity is a live figure as you have suggested.

It's funny that you mention this. It's something that we have been working on recently. We were thinking this would be a separately stand alone unit and not built into the brewery. We were thinking of using a hand held unit that is battery powered then having the probe is on a cable and you leave it inside the mash tun while mashing or even boiling so the gravity is a live figure as you have suggested.

It would be great to be able to tie different mashing steps and brewing processes directly to the resulting changes in gravity. It would give homebrewers even more data to argue over.

Back