Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just found the pricing a bit odd, it seems to be rectified now.

It was even the same price with the previous gen fermzilla conical.
The pricing was off at release, it made no sense once KL15042 had a massive price drop + KL18012 + KL20756 - 8.95 + 1.95 + 4.45 = 15.35 for the duotight spunding valve. The initial price never had a free spunding valve it actually cost way more to buy the pressure kit rather than buying it in separate parts.

i'm interested in the the new 35L BrewZilla / DigiBoil Pro Sight Glass Distillation / Steam Condenser Lid KL25812 , a great idea.
but why has the inspection port
got a PPSU glass disc and a silicone seal, both of which are not really suitable for some of the volatiles produced by distilling.
surely a proper glass disc and a ptfe seal would be more appropriate?

Touche. The BZ gen 4 uses a conventional ball valve but when we are talking about hot side it's not of such a large concern. I must say I was assuming you wanted these for cold side in your fermenter or something.

No worries! Yes sorry I meant hot side. I use the external pump for recirc and disasemble everything after each brew. Despite circulating warm PBW through the system for an hour or so, I still find wort/husks etc. in my ball valves. The quick release style would just speed this up. Not a big deal though!

Yes they can fit on

Yes it's also possible to use that 32amp domestic three phase socket too. It's hard to know how many customers will be purchasing the 100L BrewZilla for domestic use and how many will be purchasing for commercial use at this stage but eventually we will standardise to one type of wiring and then customers wanting other power can switch it over themselves. The re-wiring from single phase to three phase is not very complicated and we will probably have to supply the cable kit.

Just out of interest how many of you guys would prefer Single Phase 32amp wiring vs Three phase 10amp wiring for the BrewZilla 100L. We are really interested to hear what your preference are.
3-phase for mine - I'm not a sparky getting to see other people's solutions all the time but I would have thought 3-phase would be more common especially with big solar systems being installed rather than having such a fat pipe on single phase. Happy to be corrected though.

Is there any promo material released regarding the 100L version yet?

Yes they can fit on

Yes it's also possible to use that 32amp domestic three phase socket too. It's hard to know how many customers will be purchasing the 100L BrewZilla for domestic use and how many will be purchasing for commercial use at this stage but eventually we will standardise to one type of wiring and then customers wanting other power can switch it over themselves. The re-wiring from single phase to three phase is not very complicated and we will probably have to supply the cable kit.

Just out of interest how many of you guys would prefer Single Phase 32amp wiring vs Three phase 10amp wiring for the BrewZilla 100L. We are really interested to hear what your preference are.
single phase 32amp please.....

Commercial customers would have no problems getting a rewire to suit, while a homebrewer is likely to need a dedicated outlet installed either way. More are likely to have single phase than three phase.
As Electric Vehicles (EVs) become more prevalent there is a greater chance of people having a high current single phase outlet in the garage or near the garage.

Seems like a good plan to be able to use the same outlet for brewing.

As Electric Vehicles (EVs) become more prevalent there is a greater chance of people having a high current single phase outlet in the garage or near the garage.

Seems like a good plan to be able to use the same outlet for brewing.
Don't forget the jump lead to run the kettle from the car if the power goes out!

Yes they can fit on

Single Phase please

We will see how we go after we release the single batch FermZilla SS and then once this launch is out of the way we will look at the 100L version.

How about a half batch version? You could base it on your 2.5 gallon Cornelius keg, replacing the bottom dome with a cone and ferrule. With the kegs, butterfly valves and collection jars already being produced you’re already 80% there! With one litre in the jar and another in the cone, that should leave enough headspace for a half batch and end up being about the same height as a normal 5 gallon keg.

Plus, a uni tank based on a corny keg would have to be called a uni-corn. It practically sells itself!

Full disclosure - this is actually my standard batch size and I’m motivated entirely by self interest.

How about a half batch version? You could base it on your 2.5 gallon Cornelius keg, replacing the bottom dome with a cone and ferrule. With the kegs, butterfly valves and collection jars already being produced you’re already 80% there! With one litre in the jar and another in the cone, that should leave enough headspace for a half batch and end up being about the same height as a normal 5 gallon keg.

Plus, a uni tank based on a corny keg would have to be called a uni-corn. It practically sells itself!

Full disclosure - this is actually my standard batch size and I’m motivated entirely by self interest.

Haha, love the name. The uni-corn keg. I will look into this. How many of you guys want a half sized fermenter? I dont hear of many people in Australia wanting to fermenter 10L batches but it we have enough interest in this area we will make something.

Has anyone ever got the 450gm Kegland bottle filled with Nitrogen? and if so where?

Also, any ideas if the 360 Regulator would work with nitrogen?

Haha, love the name. The uni-corn keg. I will look into this. How many of you guys want a half sized fermenter? I dont hear of many people in Australia wanting to fermenter 10L batches but it we have enough interest in this area we will make something.

There is alot doing small batch brewing in my opinion wether this is beginners or advanced homebrewers

the Advance brewers who like to create their own batches try small batches 1st then scale them up if they likey like the batch.

the beginners that dont have the all in one or other 3vessel equimpet can actually use small pots on their stove to see wether they want to upsize there brews further down the track.

i believe their is quite a few people small batch brewing

I mainly do batches under 10 Liters on the stove, that's why I'd love to try to ferment in an Oxebar and serve from one as well. Unfortunately they are not available here in Germany and when they are they will likely be 30€ a piece. You Aussies can call yourselves lucky with the selection and prices Kegland offers locally!

I’m keen to get split batches into a rapt chamber but to also be able to dump yeast and dry hop. So yep, 2 all rounders would do all bar the yeast drop.
I guess I could buy 3 and do a filter transfer off the yeast. But some skinnier/taller cornical style fermenters would be fun.

+1. I do half batches usually using a corny as a fermenter but it's not ideal. More SS fermenter options would always be welcome.

Hi @KegLand-com-au ,

I have both the RAPT Fermentation Chamber and the RAPT Pill. Is it possible to link them in the portal so that the fermentation profile works off the pill temperature and gravity?

Couldn't see anything obvious in the portal expect a link button, but that seems to just display the data on the same graph.

I set up a verdant IPA profile on the chamber which keeps the temperature at 18 degrees for the first week. However during the 36 hours of active fermentation my pill temperature rose about 5 degrees but the temperature in the fridge stayed relatively constant. In the end I manually stopped the profile and have been adjusting the temperature of the chamber to bring the pill temperature back down a few degrees.

If they knew about each other in the portal couldn't the fridge be cooling down to work off the pill temperature?

Is this feature currently available and I've missed it? Or is it in the works?

Cheers

Yeah it seems like single phase might be slightly more preferred by what you guys are telling us. 32amp is just quite a high current draw for single phase.
Also look into the cost and availability for 3 phase in a residential area

Yeah it seems like single phase might be slightly more preferred by what you guys are telling us. 32amp is just quite a high current draw for single phase.
Yes and no. It's high by Australian standards, but in other countries 220/240 30A plugs are normal. Not for every outlet, but a lot of houses in the USA have them as dryer outlet. A friend of mine (living in the USA) has a 50A single phase outlet in his basement.

Back