Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 100L BrewZilla is still getting finished. Hopefully by mid 2022 it will be available. Do you have three phase power already as you will either need 32amp single phase or 10amp three phase. As standard we will put the 10amp three phase socket on this brewery model so this is probably the best option.
Is the 100L essentially a scaled-up version of the smaller Gen4 Brewzillas or a different style of beast? I'm also keen to see the design of the smaller units even if not quite ready for sale yet.

Looks cool!

I would have expected a new product like this to be revealed with maybe a video or something more flashy than just a page on their online store..

It'll be interesting to see more details about the controller and some pictures of the inside!

What we did several months ago was a lot of optimisation work on the antenna. We sent the whole board off to an RF lab specifically for antenna tuning. This is one reason why we delayed the release of this product for a few months.

After we did this RF tuning and changed the on-board PCB antenna the included PCB antenna actually performed better than the "optional upgradable external antenna". So until we are able to find an even better external antenna my recommendation would be to just use the included one that we have printed on the PCB. The printed antenna has also been getting through stainles thick-walled fermenters and kegmenters too.

I think you would be best off spending your money on getting an access point in your brewing area that will be more useful for other devices as well rather than spending money on the external antenna at this stage.

How have you guys found the reception in general? It would be good to get some feedback from you on this topic. Have any of you guys had reception issues?
Reception…inside a kegmenter inside a rapt chamber…no dice. Chamber has pretty good reception though. Door open, still no luck.

I’m keen on the bluetooth that’s coming.

terrific that the gen 4 35L has a listing. Has the 65L landed and is just awaiting firmware too? Or is that later in the year like the 100L?

That's really helpful information Bark0s from a user on the ground. So just to clarify - if you have the fridge door open and the kegmenter is not open (i.e. the Pill is in the kegmenter, and the kegmenter lid is on), and your device for picking up the Pill signal (phone, tablet, whatever) is close to the kegmenter, you are unable to get a connection. Is that right?

Edited: Re-reading my message, I'm probably confusing how Pill works with how Tilt works. In the Pill case, the signal from Pill needs to reach your wireless router. And if it doesn't reach your router, then you need a nearby access point or wireless repeater, or something like that. Is that right?

Reception…inside a kegmenter inside a rapt chamber…no dice. Chamber has pretty good reception though. Door open, still no luck.

terrific that the gen 4 35L has a listing. Has the 65L landed and is just awaiting firmware too? Or is that later in the year like the 100L?

Last edited:

Kegmenters would have a pretty heavy wall I'm thinking. Could be a problem.
I've built a few iSpindels and they all transmit through my corny keg fermenters and fridge wall without a problem 👍

@KegLand-com-au Is there an ETA on the RAPT temp controller?

The RAPT Temp Controller is finished but we are just wanting to include more features in the firmware before we release. The firmware changes will take another couple of months. the Bluetooth Beacon Gateway function is a bit complicated but we are confident this will be finished in not too long.

We could release the product now and just allow customers to do another firmware update later but I think we want to make the best possible impact when the prouct is first launched and the the Bluetooth Beacon Gateway is quite handy feature as it will alow you to not only use the include temp probe but also use additional wireless temp probes too.

@KegLand-com-au and is the an ETA on the Corny keg bladders?

The corny keg bladders are working 95% of the time but we are changing some of the design of the lid and bladder which has delayed the process. We have noticed that if customers use too much pressure to fill (more than 25psi) it can rupture the bladder. So we felt that this was not a very robust process. I think we will have this resolved with these next round of changes.

Is the 100L essentially a scaled-up version of the smaller Gen4 Brewzillas or a different style of beast? I'm also keen to see the design of the smaller units even if not quite ready for sale yet.

The 100L BrewZilla will be a scaled up Gen 4 BrewZilla. It will look quite similar to smaller ones. This is the largest size we would recommend in a single vessel as it starts to get a bit complicated to lift out the malt pipe. Infact we have started to stock a new pulley just in preparation for the 100L BrewZilla:

https://www.kegland.com.au/lift-n-lock%20stainless%20steel%20pulley%20block%20and%20tackle%20system%20rated%20to%20175kg%20-%20perfect%20for%20single%20vessel%20brewery.html

This pulley is also really great on the smaller sized breweries too. Everyone should have one of these as they are quite a handy pulley.

https://youtu.be/qrJus00yYnI

The RAPT Temp Controller is finished but we are just wanting to include more features in the firmware before we release. The firmware changes will take another couple of months. the Bluetooth Beacon Gateway function is a bit complicated but we are confident this will be finished in not too long.

We could release the product now and just allow customers to do another firmware update later but I think we want to make the best possible impact when the prouct is first launched and the the Bluetooth Beacon Gateway is quite handy feature as it will alow you to not only use the include temp probe but also use additional wireless temp probes too.

Fair enough, may as well take the time to make the product the best it can be.

Made an order on the 17th Email came with order number and details as normal.
Now I'm looking at my account on KL site and the order doesn't exist on "My Orders" page.
Bank statement shows paid.
Is this because of the 2 week delays or should I start to worry?

Made an order on the 17th Email came with order number and details as normal.
Now I'm looking at my account on KL site and the order doesn't exist on "My Orders" page.
Bank statement shows paid.
Is this because of the 2 week delays or should I start to worry?
This thread is not the 1st place to go to

i would suggest 1st thing tommorow is ringing them

give them the order number

and ask for email so you send a copy

and give them a chance to rectify

as this isnt the place really to be sorting out those issues

That's really helpful information Bark0s from a user on the ground. So just to clarify - if you have the fridge door open and the kegmenter is not open (i.e. the Pill is in the kegmenter, and the kegmenter lid is on), and your device for picking up the Pill signal (phone, tablet, whatever) is close to the kegmenter, you are unable to get a connection. Is that right?

Edited: Re-reading my message, I'm probably confusing how Pill works with how Tilt works. In the Pill case, the signal from Pill needs to reach your wireless router. And if it doesn't reach your router, then you need a nearby access point or wireless repeater, or something like that. Is that right?

Indeed the pill and tilt work differently. I’ve read that others can get a pill signal to a router through a kegmenter but not for me at this stage. I run a dual band router and wonder whether it’s only trying the ac channel and not the N. I have not tested walking my full and closed kegmenter closer to the router, to see if distance is the issue for the pill.

When the bluetooth of the rapt chamber and pill is enabled I think it’ll all work

Indeed the pill and tilt work differently. I’ve read that others can get a pill signal to a router through a kegmenter but not for me at this stage. I run a dual band router and wonder whether it’s only trying the ac channel and not the N. I have not tested walking my full and closed kegmenter closer to the router, to see if distance is the issue for the pill.

When the bluetooth of the rapt chamber and pill is enabled I think it’ll all work
If this helps I was able to get a signal to the pill in a kegmenter using a Wemos D1 mini pro set up as a relay with no issues. 29L Kegmenter and relay also inside a insulated sealed stainless box.

Back