Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@KegLand-com-au are you guys going to be restocking your disposable O2 bottles at all, or is it essentially a discontinued product?
I'm wanting to do an order this week and if you're never getting them again, I'll just grab your normal O2 reg and get a big bottle

Yes these will come in eventually but shipping the dangerous good cylinders is particularly hard at the moment so we have no arrival date on these. We have tried to book them but most shipping lines have been rejecting complicated dangerous goods shipments at the moment and this is our issue with these disposable cylinders.

I only keep reading of those who missed out. Not one post of anyone who got one. Even David Heath says he is disappointed in not getting one. So how about putting up a video of it in action?

Yes we will put a video up about the Pill Hydrometers very soon. Should be finished in about 2 weeks.

Just a suggestion for this guys, I've been looking at using a similar pump for dispensing still water from a keg during summer.
the only issue is 10mm to 6mm barbed adaptors (to step down to beer line) are all but non existent
This might be a good product to have on hand if others are wanting to do the same thing as me

If you are stepping down from the pump to smaller beer line then this splicer should do the job for you:

https://www.kegland.com.au/stainless-splicer-6mm-x-8mm.html

The sucker pump doesn't have an insutrction sheet at the moment but if you need some assistance just contact us and we can help you out.

It a relatively simple device so we have not written an instruction manual yet for this one.

Thanks, to be fair i wrote the message before having a proper look at the unit and now that i have i can see its a pretty simple device and doesn't really need an instruction sheet.

Just a suggestion for this guys, I've been looking at using a similar pump for dispensing still water from a keg during summer.
the only issue is 10mm to 6mm barbed adaptors (to step down to beer line) are all but non existent
This might be a good product to have on hand if others are wanting to do the same thing as me

This is a great idea, step down the 10mm barb on the Super sucker to a beer line so i can hook up a disconnect and pump directly through the diptube on my Fermzilla.

I was looking at the reducer KL linked earlier and a piece of vinyl tubing from bunnings, the vinyl tubing should be pliable enough to get on the 10mm barb on the pump and it could be kept short enough that no liquid will touch the vinyl tubing with a hose clamp restricting the ends of the reducer.

I have a system in mind and will get back to you if it works out.

We will eventually have larger Digiboils that are 100L in size. Do you think you would be interested if we made specific false bottoms to fit our various different digiboil sizes?
I use Techni ice eskies as a mash tun since the GFC 2008 and just got bigger eskys and bigger pots over time. A mesh screen you could cut out yourself to suit the mash tun that slips into a protective silicone tube would be the way to go.
Just bought a 600x800 hop sock agian and throw that over my bazookas for next time.

Sodastream refill adapter dulux version is a bit ruff on the milling O-ring lasted about 2 seconds of first use torn apart. Milling is so sharp it tares the O-ring apart.
Adding new O-rings finally got it down pat using the real makoy SS bottle>>>>> Kicker just put some multi stand wire with a tail of about 20mm of insulation to feed to the centre of filler. Turn the 6KG bottle upside down and it's as good at full blast opening as your blocking the force forward valve.

I have only read of the people who have missed out on AHB, so asking those on here who have got one.
I got one, put my brews down before I got it charged and set up so will have to wait for a fermenter to free up to give it a run, seems like it has a lot of prospects to be awesome, especially if we can set profiles etc or conditional programming easily.

If you guys had a pre-order/waitlist facility on your website, which people have been crying our for for ages, you would have known exactly what the demand was and you would have then had enough stock to fill everyones needs.

Creating a buzz with your customers about an impending new product at a certain price point,, and then supplying only a small qty, with later qtys only available at a jacked up price, is generally considered poor business practice, especially in industries which are primarily supported by the end consumer.
This would have made zero impact, semiconductors are in short supply all over the world and the prices are well above what they have been as high end equipment can absorb a small increase easily and will just pay more. They were never going to fill everyone's needs day 1 that is just completely unrealistic, the next-gen games consoles have been out almost a year and supply is still cooked and you cant get one for life nor money. As has been said by others china has power supply issues, factories are not working full time, they can't just magically get stuff get manufactured from parts they conjure out of thin air.

Could be there are more bogus accounts on FB, does seem odd if none of those who get the free goodies for promotion purposes haven't got them.
I have seen a few people post pictures of it and seen a few questions in the rapt user group on Fb, unless you picked it up a lot will still be subject to shipping etc, I suspect we will see more comments as people have a chance to put a brew down.

Well, now that you think there's a conspiracy, I'm going to leave you alone with your thoughts.
If you read the post again it does say it would 'seem' like a conspiracy theory. It seems you are a new starter and have missed what has gone on in the past, it is usual to put out a video, and as I mentioned before in another post an employee told me they were having trouble getting the pill right, which Kee replied this was true and was holding the release up (this was in the rapt fridge thread)

Probably this has been answered already, but it's 299 pages long thread.

I ordered the 30l All rounder Fermzilla. Is it safe to use a 30W heating belt as a heat source? I've seen in the instructions that it is recommended, but I think the heating belt can get above 50c at the point of contact...

Probably this has been answered already, but it's 299 pages long thread.

I ordered the 30l All rounder Fermzilla. Is it safe to use a 30W heating belt as a heat source? I've seen in the instructions that it is recommended, but I think the heating belt can get above 50c at the point of contact...
If you wrap it around an empty PET vessel you will melt it, but as long as there is plenty of liquid in it you'll be fine, how you hold it in place on a sphere might be interesting. Just Gumtree a fridge and inkbird it, lot less hassle.
fwiw KL seems to be steering people away from the forum and onto their fb page.

how you hold it in place on a sphere might be interesting.

I use a spring clamp or clothes peg to stop the belt getting loose, i have been using a heat belt on my Fermzilla AR since i bought it a couple of years ago and never had it come loose.

@KegLand-com-au I received the digital gauge for the inline regulator today, and its bloody awesome, so much better than dicking around reading small lines.
One question though, when it comes time to change the battery, how do i do that? Is it remove all 4 screws on the back, or does the battery seat flip out somehow?
I had a quick look, but did not want to muck around with it too much.

Cheers

@KegLand-com-au I received the digital gauge for the inline regulator today, and its bloody awesome, so much better than dicking around reading small lines.
One question though, when it comes time to change the battery, how do i do that? Is it remove all 4 screws on the back, or does the battery seat flip out somehow?
I had a quick look, but did not want to muck around with it too much.

Cheers

For the digital mini gauge this one is a top product and I also have been using this for some time. It's really hard to make small gauges accurate so digital is naturally the logical way to go for compact gauges.

We will do a video on changing the battery but you should not have to swap out the battery for several years unless you are using the illuminated display frequently in which case you might use up a battery in 1 year if you are using the illuminated screen couple times a day or something like that.

When changing the battery you only need to undo 2 screws and the tray will pivots sideways. It's slightly fiddly but once you see the video it will probably make more sense.

This is a great idea, step down the 10mm barb on the Super sucker to a beer line so i can hook up a disconnect and pump directly through the diptube on my Fermzilla.

I was looking at the reducer KL linked earlier and a piece of vinyl tubing from bunnings, the vinyl tubing should be pliable enough to get on the 10mm barb on the pump and it could be kept short enough that no liquid will touch the vinyl tubing with a hose clamp restricting the ends of the reducer.

I have a system in mind and will get back to you if it works out.

Yes the vinyl tube is ok but just remember all flexible vinyl tube contains plasticisers which is why we have removed vinyl tubing from pretty much all our products. So I would avoid having your product sit in vinyl tubing for extended period of time. If you are just transferring from one container to another the contact time is low and probably not a big issue. For almost all our products now we use EVABarrier, Silicone or PE.

Back