Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As kegland doesn't have a solution, this may be useful. I use these:

Hose
https://www.bunnings.com.au/pope-10mm-clear-vinyl-tubing-5m_p3130565
Connectors (12mm OD, straight through)
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/232763935768?hash=item3631cfcc18:g:N~cAAOSwlTBa9Bj7
Cheap, cheerful and it just works.

View attachment 121111

Top work. What model of ffermenter are you using in that photo. I assume you custom made this lid?

The only issue with these fittings are they are not a dry break conneciton so you will get the glycol drain out and make a bit of a mess when you disconnect. Have you found this to be an issue?

Is the 20th September date on the site accurate for the non-FC units? Any chance of a 10+ discount? I'd be keen to replace the majority of my DC's with these.

Yes these are already on the water so this arrival date for the duotight ball lock disconnects should be pretty reliable. We are also going to release a 1/4 push in type and also have a 1/4 OD (6.35mm) x 3mm ID Evabarrier Beer Line too. Previously we did not make Evabarrier under 4mm ID but this new 3mm ID type gives really high flow resistance so if you want really neat and short beer lines it's a good option. The duotight 1/4 push in disconnects should be available in about December. We will also get the 3/8" (9.5mm) duotight ball lock disconnects too and these are a really good option for longer draw systems or when you want to make transfer lines to transfer from fermenter to keg. The extra large diameter makes the flow rate much higher.

With the price breaks we do already have a x6 price break on the duotight ball lock disconnects so if you get the x10 the x6 price break will automatically be applied.

Top work. What model of ffermenter are you using in that photo. I assume you custom made this lid?

The only issue with these fittings are they are not a dry break conneciton so you will get the glycol drain out and make a bit of a mess when you disconnect. Have you found this to be an issue?

You are looking at an SS Brewtech Brite tank. I have customized it a bit with a tee and a bulkhead fitting gas disconnect. A couple of other little weld-free things as well. Should probably do a separate post. It is a very adaptable unit. People don't seem to get how useful a tool these are.

There's a spunding valve on it right now 'cause I needed my conical back before the beer in it was quite done. So the Brite is doing double duty as a secondary fermenter to shake out the last couple of gravity points.

In practice, those disconnects work fine. All that's required is to push in the collar on the joiner to break the air seal. Glycol then flows back into the G20. Then connect the lines in a loop - i.e, one loop for in/out lines from the G20 and the same with the chiller coil.

Rarely lose a drop.

The G20 has a flaw in that if the power goes off, when it comes back on the glycol pump will usually start. Having a permanently connected loop is a safety feature against this risk. You might want to look into that. I'd suggest that from a cold start the pump should remain off until manually started via the temperature control.

You are looking at an SS Brewtech Brite tank. I have customized it a bit with a tee and a bulkhead fitting gas disconnect. A couple of other little weld-free things as well. Should probably do a separate post. It is a very adaptable unit. People don't seem to get how useful a tool these are.

There's a spunding valve on it right now 'cause I needed my conical back before the beer in it was quite done. So the Brite is doing double duty as a secondary fermenter to shake out the last couple of gravity points.

In practice, those disconnects work fine. All that's required is to push in the collar on the joiner to break the air seal. Glycol then flows back into the G20. Then connect the lines in a loop - i.e, one loop for in/out lines from the G20 and the same with the chiller coil.

Rarely lose a drop.

The G20 has a flaw in that if the power goes off, when it comes back on the glycol pump will usually start. Having a permanently connected loop is a safety feature against this risk. You might want to look into that. I'd suggest that from a cold start the pump should remain off until manually started via the temperature control.

Thanks for that. That is a good point. I will talk to the guys in production and see if we can get some changes to the logic on the board. What you have said makes sense and should probably start with the pump off.

Yes very sorry about this really long delay. We wanted to finish the duotight ball lock disconnects first as these had some common components and this caused quite a delay. We should have the flow control ball lock disconnects finished very soon now and we are also working on a new mini tap that will attach directly to this flow control ball lock disconnect and I think this will also be quite handy.

I like the idea of a mini-tap, but not at the expense of not being able to fit any other tap to the new FC disconnect. Can you confirm that you'll be able to fit regular taps to the new FC disconnect?

I like the idea of a mini-tap, but not at the expense of not being able to fit any other tap to the new FC disconnect. Can you confirm that you'll be able to fit regular taps to the new FC disconnect?

Yes you will be able to fit other tap designs to the FC disconnect but it just will use a 8mm push fit to 1 1/8" shank adaptor. So you will not be able to use this tap shank adaptor.

Hey @KegLand-com-au, I see the RAPT pill is coming out next month. Will you be releasing any more details about the RAPT platform in the coming weeks?

Yes absolutely. We have a fairly in depth video on the RAPT Fermentation Chamber that has already been made and uploaded to youtube but we have been holding off making this video public until we get the next shipment of stock. This is probably my favorite product out of the whole range of stuff that we sell to be honest.

Yes absolutely. We have a fairly in depth video on the RAPT Fermentation Chamber that has already been made and uploaded to youtube but we have been holding off making this video public until we get the next shipment of stock. This is probably my favorite product out of the whole range of stuff that we sell to be honest.
Next shipment? I have been checking daily and all I saw was the estimated date get removed. Was there a first shipment?

Does that mean the "Email me" option when it is restocked does not work? I haven't got any email.

Is the Rapt pill going to work with Brewfather?

fdsaasdf said:
@KegLand-com-au do you have anything in the works in terms of sparge water (or recirculation) diffusers to reduce splashing and oxygen pickup?

I use an upturned bowl but would be interested in something that was fitted to the bz65L vessel or malt pipe. Stainless would be nice but would be happy with something like HDPE that could cope with water up to 80degC and float on top of the mash bed.

Hi @KegLand-com-au have you had a chance to think about this?
Ping @KegLand-com-au do you have any sparge/recirc diffusing products on the horizon? Thanks

Latest posts

Back