Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am looking at a series x kegerator but already have a 4 tap cobra font from a previous set up. Will this fit on the series x?

The mounting hole size and M5 metric screw holes are in exactly the same layout but with the Series X plus you just have two font holes. So if the font already fits the Series X then it will also fit the Series X Plus. I should also say the new modular wire shelves just came into stock. They will have part number KL21371 and be on the website in the next couple of days. These new shelves will allow you to have kegs on one side of the fridge then stack bottles and cans and other stuff on the other side of the fridge.

The keg colour will split the crowd. If you can use the same tooling then maybe make some with the translucent plastic and some with the opaque plastic? Then customers can decide what they like.
Plus one opaque for me. I'd like light blocking.

I presume they can't be molded like motor oil bottles that are 99% opaque but they have a translucent measuring strip up the side, so you can see the liquid level at there are ml gradations?

motor-oil-and-funnel.jpg

The keg colour will split the crowd. If you can use the same tooling then maybe make some with the translucent plastic and some with the opaque plastic? Then customers can decide what they like.

I think that might be the solution long term. For these new 8L Kegs In the beginning we will probably just make the one product SKU and based on the votes I think it will be translucent. Then once we get enough volume to justify two production runs we will make both translucent and 100% light block.

Plus one opaque for me. I'd like light blocking.

I presume they can't be molded like motor oil bottles that are 99% opaque but they have a translucent measuring strip up the side, so you can see the liquid level at there are ml gradations?

motor-oil-and-funnel.jpg

As our kegs will be made from a PET/Mono Oxygen Barrier Blend we are restricted to the preform blow mould manufacturing method. So this type of window on the side of the bottle is not possible with this manufacturing method. These types of bottles are made using the co-extrusion blow mould method and is done using Polyethylene. So we would not be able to do this.

How did the testing go? Do you have plans to stock the shelves? Im asking as i'd love to buy some.

Yes the shelves are in stock now. The part number is KL21371 and they are just getting photo graphed at the moment so will be up on the website very soon.

The mounting hole size and M5 metric screw holes are in exactly the same layout but with the Series X plus you just have two font holes. So if the font already fits the Series X then it will also fit the Series X Plus. I should also say the new modular wire shelves just came into stock. They will have part number KL21371 and be on the website in the next couple of days. These new shelves will allow you to have kegs on one side of the fridge then stack bottles and cans and other stuff on the other side of the fridge.

It's currently on a GD 125 that has died but looking at the smaller series X, not the plus. I can check the fitting.

Edit: Looked this up and it seems like it needs a 47mm hole and from memory has a large nut that holds it in place from the bottom. Will that work with the series X?

Last edited:
I recently bought a 4 way manifold but the links in the ad to the spare valves and ball lock post contradict each other. The valve says it's a 1/4" NPT and the ball lock post says it's a BSP. I just need clarification on which one it is? I'm thinking it's most likely BSP and the NPT is a mistake.

KL, is there any chance you could offer the Duotight Inline In Line Regulator with a choice of gauge?

I know you can buy the gauges separately, but it just seems a bit wasteful to have to buy an extra gauge for each one, and toss a bunch of 0-60 psi gauges out, when they really aren't appropriate for brewing.

The cynic in me thinks this could be deliberate, and if so, just charge $4 extra for the 0-15 and 0-30 psi gauges, and you make a little extra profit and the environmental impact is lessened.

KL, is there any chance you could offer the Duotight Inline In Line Regulator with a choice of gauge?

I know you can buy the gauges separately, but it just seems a bit wasteful to have to buy an extra gauge for each one, and toss a bunch of 0-60 psi gauges out, when they really aren't appropriate for brewing.

The cynic in me thinks this could be deliberate, and if so, just charge $4 extra for the 0-15 and 0-30 psi gauges, and you make a little extra profit and the environmental impact is lessened.

Yep I agree. I just bought 4 inline regs hoping I could get away with the 0-60psi gauges but I just can't. There will be 4 0-15psi gauges in my next order.

I'll 2nd that. Or have the 0-30psi as the default, which seems to me to be the most versatile range?

It's currently on a GD 125 that has died but looking at the smaller series X, not the plus. I can check the fitting.

Edit: Looked this up and it seems like it needs a 47mm hole and from memory has a large nut that holds it in place from the bottom. Will that work with the series X?

It's hard to comment on the GD125 as it sounds like it's not one of ours and not really sure how these are made.

I know that our Grand Deluxe 3 models have the same hole configuration too so if it was to fit one of these it would also fit. The GD125 might be very similar to our Grand Deluxe 3 but I am not 100% sure.

We generally like to put a slightly higher gauge on the regulator than what you need as if you accidentally exceed the gauge pressure you can damage the gauge and many of the primary regulators (including our own) can quite easily go up to more than 60psi. If you exceed the gauge pressure range the needle will hit the hard stop on the gauge and then can jump a tooth and then the gauge will not return back to 0psi again. So it's not so much that we want you to spend more money on gauges but more so that we would like you to have a gauge that you are less likely to damage.

So it's not so much that we want you to spend more money on gauges but more so that we would like you to have a gauge that you are less likely to damage.
But the 0-15 and 0-30 psi gauges exist, so why aren't you worried about customers damaging those?

Why do we have to buy a 0-60 psi gauge, which has NO use in homebrew?

Ah **** it, just charge the extra $8 and keep the redundant gauge.

Yes for sure. You can use this core 360 mini regulator to connect to your sodastream and then use this duotight fitting to connect some gas line to the growler.
Brilliant, thank you! Are you still expecting the core 360 to come into stock on 12 May? Or is there any stockists in Newcastle?

Also while there is discussion about gauges, is it still a while off until we see digital gauges?

It's hard to comment on the GD125 as it sounds like it's not one of ours and not really sure how these are made.

I know that our Grand Deluxe 3 models have the same hole configuration too so if it was to fit one of these it would also fit. The GD125 might be very similar to our Grand Deluxe 3 but I am not 100% sure.

Thanks for the reply, I can't seem to to find the exact specifications for the size of the hole on top of any kegerators. Do you know what the diameter of the hole on top of the series X is? If it is over 47mm I'm sure I can make it work!

But the 0-15 and 0-30 psi gauges exist, so why aren't you worried about customers damaging those?

Why do we have to buy a 0-60 psi gauge, which has NO use in homebrew?

Ah **** it, just charge the extra $8 and keep the redundant gauge.

I guess it comes down to who is responsible. If we sell a product off the shelf we must ensure that it works as it is. If a customer the modifies this product then by doing the modification themselves they are in effect taking some responsibility for the modification. For instance we sell our MK4 regulators with Green PRV and this PRV goes off at 65psi. Technically a customer could change this out for a grey 100psi RPV and the regulator is capable of this but we generally don't do this as the customer has more chance of damaging something else. We supply a 65psi RPV because this is suitable for almost every home brew application anyway while reducing risk.

Latest posts

Back