Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@KegLand-com-au any updates on the 8L PET kegs
The bag in Kegs should be available in about 3-4 weeks. These have been relatively easy to produce.

The 8L kegs are still causing some issues so we need to iron out a few issues with the manufacturing of these. I am hoping we can have the 8L kegs finished in the next few months so hopefully available about March next year.
Any update on the 8L PET kegs? Thought they were due out at the start of the year. What are they expected to cost?

Cheers

I was wondering if any suppliers had 100 metre lengths in the USA?

It has been shipped to the America but the issue is we can't see the stock levels of our customers so you would have to contact them to see if they have stock available.

Regarding the Bucket Buddy, is it at all possible to:
1. Install a temp twister
2. Do closed loop transfers to keg (with a very low amount of pressure)?

To answer these questions on the bucket buddy:
1. Yes you can install a temp twister but you would have to modify the lid yourself to fit the input and output as this has not holes in the lid.
2. You can do closed loop transfers with very low pressure if you like but we are talking about 1psi or something very low like this.

@KegLand-com-au any updates on the 8L PET kegs

Any update on the 8L PET kegs? Thought they were due out at the start of the year. What are they expected to cost?

Cheers

We will have the first of the 8L kegs (Oxebar Mono Kegs) available in approximately June/July. We will sell the first of these for home brewers only however at some stage we will also release a new valve attachments so these can be used for packaging commercial beer too.

Last edited:
We will have the first of the 8L kegs (Oxebar Mono Kegs) available in approximately June/July. We will sell the first of these for home brewers only however at some stage we will also release a new valve attachments so these can be used for packaging commercial beer too.

Are these going to stay this cheap? And what colour will the plastic be? Hopefully we can get them in dark colours to reflect light...

That link mentions
PCO38 Tapping Head (KL20169)
. Noting the search is still awful on your website, is this an error or a mention of a product that doesn't exist yet?

Cheers. Are there any plans for other sizes. I seem to recall a thread mentioning 3-10L PET kegs with the PCO38 thread?

@KegLand-com-au looks like the RAPT fermentation chamber pricing has been updated on your website, although not yet available is the $799 price likely to be the launch price?

Also, are we there yet? ;)

Hey Kegland,

How about selling a 500mm dia round plastic tub (300mm high) , that we can nestle a kegmenter into and surround with ice and chilled water, for a very ghetto cold crash/cold bottling solution? I guess if there's 20L in the kegmenter, we prob need that volume in the tub, I think my rudimentary calcs cover that.

edit: nevermind, a 60L flexi tub will suffice: https://www.bunnings.com.au/ezy-storage-60l-assorted-colour-flexi-storage-tubs_p0216618

Last edited:
When you say Oxebar do you mean manufactured in Australia or will these be made overseas?

Hey Kegland,

How about selling a 500mm dia round plastic tub (300mm high) , that we can nestle a kegmenter into and surround with ice and chilled water, for a very ghetto cold crash/cold bottling solution? I guess if there's 20L in the kegmenter, we prob need that volume in the tub, I think my rudimentary calcs cover that.

edit: nevermind, a 60L flexi tub will suffice: https://www.bunnings.com.au/ezy-storage-60l-assorted-colour-flexi-storage-tubs_p0216618
Why not get an olive oil drum ($10-15) and cut it to suit?

@KegLand-com-au

I am looking to downsize my fermenting footprint and thinking of using a G.20 to chill 2 x 27L Fermzillas with Temp Twisters.

Ideally I want something that easily and quickly disconnects the coils for cleaning and that won't leak glycol when disconnected.

What suggestions do you have for tubing and connections?

If you came up with a kit that would be even better.

I am looking to downsize my fermenting footprint and thinking of using a G.20 to chill 2 x 27L Fermzillas with Temp Twisters.

Ideally I want something that easily and quickly disconnects the coils for cleaning and that won't leak glycol when disconnected.

For both glycol in and out, I use: elbow duotights > short length of hose > duotight ball valves > short length of hose > duotight ball valves > hose to the chiller.

Using this set-up, you can turn off all the ball valves, disconnect one side of the short length of hose in the middle (underlined above) and only lose the glycol stored in there. There are losses when disconnected, but we're talking a few ml.

$17 for 10 duotight ball valves and $3.95 for the two elbows (or 10 for $17).

For both glycol in and out, I use: elbow duotights > short length of hose > duotight ball valves > short length of hose > duotight ball valves > hose to the chiller.

Using this set-up, you can turn off all the ball valves, disconnect one side of the short length of hose in the middle (underlined above) and only lose the glycol stored in there. There are losses when disconnected, but we're talking a few ml.

$17 for 10 duotight ball valves and $3.95 for the two elbows (or 10 for $17).

Thanks for that. You have beaten us to it!

Are these going to stay this cheap? And what colour will the plastic be? Hopefully we can get them in dark colours to reflect light...

Yes these are quite inexpensive to make as we have very high cycling rates on this particular size of keg. The plastic will be tinted dark brown just like a beer bottle. We might also use a metallic colourant that blocks even more light but it also makes it hard to see the liquid level. We can make them block 100% of light if you guys want but this means you cant see through at all? What do you guys prefer to see through a little or to have 100% light block and not see how much is in the keg? Keen to get your response on this one guys?

Latest posts

Back