Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In relation to the series X plus. Can a C02 manifold be mounted on the inside of the fridge without puncturing wiring or a gas line?

In relation to the series X plus. Can a C02 manifold be mounted on the inside of the fridge without puncturing wiring or a gas line?
We had asked them to support a gas board here in the forum, they have gas boards in stock and i wonder if they mounting points are in the fridge?

Saw those sneaky bladder in kegs, when are they likely to land? Perfect for dispensing non-carbonated water, and will get a kegerator in the kitchen over the line

Can we get some more videos? I find Kee's voice and presentation to be very soothing.
Nup this is out. Too much to forgive for a relatively decently priced item.

I have all the packing, can I return for a replacement @KegLand-com-au I really like the idea, just want one that works.

sounds a lot like it just requires calibration. With that said if you would like to return that is no problem at all. Please email the guys in customer service and they will assist.

@KegLand-com-au

Now we have made it to 2021 and you have started shipping the Series X Plus (does it include the regulator board mounting points internally?), I thought I'd ask again about updated time frame for the RAPT Fermentation Chamber?

I am desperately waiting for the RAPT chamber to become available. :)

... and you have started shipping the Series X Plus...

After I got that email labelled incoming stock alert on the series x plus, then I see a video on their channel about it, so I popped back on the website to see that the ETA is now 29th march. Hoping that incoming stock is a large shipment to warrant an alert months out. Unless of course they did come back in stock, I didn't get another email alerting to that and they sold out again.... oh well.

@KegLand-com-au

Now we have made it to 2021 and you have started shipping the Series X Plus (does it include the regulator board mounting points internally?), I thought I'd ask again about updated time frame for the RAPT Fermentation Chamber?

I am desperately waiting for the RAPT chamber to become available. :)

Yes I am also eagerly waiting for the finished RAPT chamber. I am still just using one of the earlier prototype models at home and looking forward to get the finished one. We are hopefully going to get the RAPT chamber in stock in a few months. We still have not got the electrical approvals on this device so this is one of the last things we need to get completed now. Sorry about the long wait. Normally at this stage if the approvals go well and we do not need to change anything then we will order stock and it could be in stock within 2 months. Alternatively if the electrical approvals do not pass we might need to make further changes then this might take more like 5 months. Sorry I cannot narrow it down any more than this at this stage.

With the Series X Plus we have not found a good place to mount the regulator board. If we mount on the external walls on the left or right this covers up the radiators and can slightly reduce the electrical efficiency. Internally if you put it on the door or walls you would then suffer as you would not fit all 8 kegs in the fridge. So the only other place to put it is on the back and we have been considering making provisions for 2 x CO2 cylinders on the back. If we put 2 CO2 cylinders on the back or one nitrogen and one CO2 then it would be difficult to fit the two cylinder brackets and the mounting board. So this is the design constraint that we are facing at the moment. We have not entirely ruled it out but we would need to make it fit on the back of the fridge somehow.

After I got that email labelled incoming stock alert on the series x plus, then I see a video on their channel about it, so I popped back on the website to see that the ETA is now 29th march. Hoping that incoming stock is a large shipment to warrant an alert months out. Unless of course they did come back in stock, I didn't get another email alerting to that and they sold out again.... oh well.

Sorry about that. We had way more people on the email alert list than we have stock arriving for the first three shipments. I should also say that as these are quite bulky we do not fit many per shipping container. I think these will probably keep selling out fast for the next few shipments. The production line for the Series X Plus is still not running at full speed yet.

Yes I am also eagerly waiting for the finished RAPT chamber. I am still just using one of the earlier prototype models at home and looking forward to get the finished one. We are hopefully going to get the RAPT chamber in stock in a few months. We still have not got the electrical approvals on this device so this is one of the last things we need to get completed now. Sorry about the long wait.
Thanks for the update, I appreciate it.

how long until the Series 4 & Series X Kegerator Cover - Water Resistant covers are back in stock?

@KegLand-com-au I bought a 2.6kg CO2 bottle about 2 years ago and when I closed the main valve (black knob) last night it felt like something sheared. Now the knob free spins. The nut that looks to hold the black knob spins with the knob. The gas bottle now can’t be opened. Is there a way to repair this?

Last edited:
@KegLand-com-au I bought a 2.6kg CO2 bottle about 2 years ago and when I closed the main valve (black knob) last night it felt like something sheared. Now the knob free spins. The nut that looks to hold the black knob spins with the knob. The gas bottle now can’t be opened. Is there a way to repair this?

Best bet might be taking it to a place that deals with high pressure cylinders, they might be able to de-pressurise the cylinder and replace the stem assembly.

If not it might be easier and safer to just buy a new cylinder.

Best bet might be taking it to a place that deals with high pressure cylinders, they might be able to de-pressurise the cylinder and replace the stem assembly.

If not it might be easier and safer to just buy a new cylinder.
Yeah, spoke to a cylinder place today. They will replace the valve and re fill the gas. It’s about the price of a new cylinder, which is more a comment on how cheap the cylinder is. If I got a new one then I wouldn’t know what to do with the old one! So a repair it is.
Not great that the valve failed after only 2 years. Is this a common issue with these valves?

2 years seems a very short time, well below what one would expect. Surely there could be some recourse under Sales of Goods legislation, as 2 years might be argued as "not fit for purpose"? I'm no lawyer, but a friendly discussion with the supplier might be useful?

This is likely a stripped spindle. Can occur when someone tightens the black knob way too hard as the valve is made of brass which is quite a soft metal. The whole valve doesn't need replacing, only the spindle which shouldn't be too expensive or difficult to do.

@philrob It's nothing to do with not being fit for purpose or consumer law. I'm sure if @MontPel contacted the supplier of the cylinder they would more than happily help him out. Probably a quick phone call or email might be faster than the AHB forum for warranty tbh.

This is likely a stripped spindle. Can occur when someone tightens the black knob way too hard as the valve is made of brass which is quite a soft metal. The whole valve doesn't need replacing, only the spindle which shouldn't be too expensive or difficult to do.

@philrob It's nothing to do with not being fit for purpose or consumer law. I'm sure if @MontPel contacted the supplier of the cylinder they would more than happily help him out. Probably a quick phone call or email might be faster than the AHB forum for warranty tbh.
Got it sorted locally, lesson learnt. Didn’t think I was closing excessively, but I guess it didn’t strip for no reason..
Wasn’t looking for warranty necessarily just advice on repair.

I have the KegLand BrewZilla 35l and use it with with malt pipe plus the fine stainless steal mesh as well. While mashing I run the pump to maintain temperature in the mash bed. Most times the pump blocks with some grain getting through I'm guessing between the malt pipe and the bottom screen in the malt pipe ? I do stir a couple of times while mashing. Is this something anyone else is experiencing? Something I'm doing wrong?

Got it sorted locally, lesson learnt. Didn’t think I was closing excessively, but I guess it didn’t strip for no reason..
Wasn’t looking for warranty necessarily just advice on repair.
Too late now, but when I had problems (not with a KL bottle -- well before their time), the square hole in the plastic handle had rounded out.

I removed the handle and used a shifter until the bottle was empty, then replaced the handle and swapped the bottle over. Never had a problem since, with any of my gas bottles.

Back