Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh the Juicy NEIPA is your nomination...interesting...I was thinking the summer ale route. I was all set for some reasonable sized dry hop additions, maybe 3 charges of a mixture of Amarillo, Galaxy and Citra...

I've bought the Hop Nation XPA fwk from G&G and it came with 2 pouches of presumably mixed (undisclosed) hops and instructions on when to add each. Turned out really well. I see you stock the same kit but your listing makes no mention of hops that come with it.

In this heat, I may even through kviek at it.

For a curious beginning brewer the Type 1 and Type 2 generic FWKs would be awesome to have available. I think it's a great idea to give people a real leg up on a brew but allow a bit of creativity and experimentation too. I'd love the Type 1 to be made again. Then I can see what impact changing a single variable, like the yeast, has on a batch.

Thanks for increasing stock numbers, I also see the FWK page has been updated to show a delivery expected tomorrow, that's great!
When I bought the Juicy Lefty, the site didn't mention yeast or hops coming with it. But when I picked it up, it had 2 pouches of hops with G&G instructions and yeast.

Turned out really nice but wasn't a session able summer ale. Was good though.

I'm a massive fan of David Heath and Kegland, so it was a perfect match really.

Thanks for the update on the timeline for the 4.0. I thought it was too close to Christmas for it to be released this year, but definitely really keen to wait for the additional features in the 4.0 coming out next year. I'm also really, really excited as you move into the IoT space.

Is there any timeframes on the digital hydrometer? All good if there's not, but thought I'd ask.
Yes, I have just "discovered" David Heath as I am relative new to HB. His knowledge but also the mechanical "dry" delivery style just works so well IMO

Yes. Funny you mention this as it was just ordered and should be in stock some time next week. I am pretty keen to give this a go myself.

Hey @KegLand-com-au, also excited to use some Eclipse over summer, any update on your availability? Or any chance you can give us a heads up in here once they're going up on the site?

I have to say Kegland's order picking is bloody quick. 25 minutes after submitting an online order (not a small order either) I get confirmation it's ready to pick up. Impressive.

Their online picking can be hit and miss, i have had a few orders be fulfilled in about an hour but some orders take a few days to be sent.

I normally make my orders on a Saturday and sometimes i get the shipping invoice within an hour and others i get it on a Wednesday arvo, Thursday shipping and Friday delivery. I have also had shipping notices sent to me at 2am a couple of times.

I think it might be the fact that they either ship from their warehouse at Noble Park but i think they also have some warehouse space at Dandenong South.

Don't think any of my orders have ever taken more than about 20 minutes to get picked. Best effort: I had gone in to ask some advice. Questions answered, so I placed an order on computer provided. Chatted with the bloke who'd answered my questions while I ordered. Click. Order placed.

He excused himself to go and intercept the order, but by the time he'd walked into the warehouse it was already gone, so I had to go around the front and get it from the locker myself.

EverettCollection_SpeedyGonzales-160405.jpg

Their online picking can be hit and miss, i have had a few orders be fulfilled in about an hour but some orders take a few days to be sent.

I normally make my orders on a Saturday and sometimes i get the shipping invoice within an hour and others i get it on a Wednesday arvo, Thursday shipping and Friday delivery. I have also had shipping notices sent to me at 2am a couple of times.

I think it might be the fact that they either ship from their warehouse at Noble Park but i think they also have some warehouse space at Dandenong South.

Those shipping times are fairly understandable when they don't pack on weekends. Hence Saturday to Wednesday is less than 72 hours picking time for standard shipping that is pretty good tbh. Customer pick up and express are packed and shipped same business day with customer pick-up usually placed into a locker with an hour.

Hey @KegLand-com-au - just wondering if/when you might have the marine-ply tables available - Mini Folding/Foldable Summer Picnic Table - 12mm Pine Ply 60cm x 40cm - would love to get the wife one for Christmas..

We need to do some upgrades to our laser cutting machine here. The previous laser had some issues and was struggling with cutting the ply. We had some new toys that arrived today such as the new CO2 laser and also a new fibre cutting laser for cutting steel too. So we will also probably make some other parts and put them up on the website too once we get enough time to design them. We have been thinking about laser cutting a few other handy tools. If you guys want us to laser cut anything else just let us know.

If the new laser works well we could be making the ply picnic tables soon but it's hard to say for sure as we have not tried it yet.

Last edited:
Oh the Juicy NEIPA is your nomination...interesting...I was thinking the summer ale route. I was all set for some reasonable sized dry hop additions, maybe 3 charges of a mixture of Amarillo, Galaxy and Citra...

I've bought the Hop Nation XPA fwk from G&G and it came with 2 pouches of presumably mixed (undisclosed) hops and instructions on when to add each. Turned out really well. I see you stock the same kit but your listing makes no mention of hops that come with it.

In this heat, I may even through kviek at it.

For a curious beginning brewer the Type 1 and Type 2 generic FWKs would be awesome to have available. I think it's a great idea to give people a real leg up on a brew but allow a bit of creativity and experimentation too. I'd love the Type 1 to be made again. Then I can see what impact changing a single variable, like the yeast, has on a batch.

Thanks for increasing stock numbers, I also see the FWK page has been updated to show a delivery expected tomorrow, that's great!

The Type 1 and Type 2 were not very popular but I will see what we can do about getting them back in again. If you guys are after some bulk generic fresh wort we could talk with a few breweries and see if we can make a generic batch of "base" fresh wort that you can alter into various recipes. If we were to commit to purchasing several thousand litters we might be able to bring the price down to about $29.95 for a 20L kit of base fresh wort. This would be possible then you could dry hop it yourself. Is this something you guys want us to pursue?

Don't think any of my orders have ever taken more than about 20 minutes to get picked. Best effort: I had gone in to ask some advice. Questions answered, so I placed an order on computer provided. Chatted with the bloke who'd answered my questions while I ordered. Click. Order placed.

He excused himself to go and intercept the order, but by the time he'd walked into the warehouse it was already gone, so I had to go around the front and get it from the locker myself.

EverettCollection_SpeedyGonzales-160405.jpg

Yes it's worth giving the pickup service a try if you are based locally. We have the guys picking and packing orders pretty much 7 days a week now so you do not have to wait long for it to be available. 90% of orders are picked and in a locker within 30min now.

The pickup orders and express orders go to the front of the que. If it's an order for delivery and express has not been selected then it's got a lower priority rating so it will be done once the pickup and express orders have been completed.

We now have all of our stock held at Noble Park address so all our stock is now here and all orders get dispatched from this location. In really busy periods we have had people working night shift and packing at 2am so this sometimes happens but generally we try to avoid night shift if we can. Normally from Monday to Friday we have staff picking and packing orders from 5:30am til 11pm.

The pickup orders and express orders go to the front of the que. If it's an order for delivery and express has not been selected then it's got a lower priority rating so it will be done once the pickup and express orders have been completed.

I completely understand please don't take this as me having a go, Dandenong South is the location my bank puts you at, specifically at "Warehousing Fulfilment Distribution Solutions"

I normally use Direct Freight express, most times its only a few dollars more expensive than Auspost express but i personally find them more reliable than Auspost, my delivery guy knows me now.

@KegLand-com-au Have you guys looked into a decent CIP pump for home brewing that you can "guarantee" or otherwise state is suitable for CIP balls/equipment you also sell?

I'd be prepared to pay good money for a pump that could drive a CIP ball and know that it would do the job properly.

@KegLand-com-au Have you guys looked into a decent CIP pump for home brewing that you can "guarantee" or otherwise state is suitable for CIP balls/equipment you also sell?

I'd be prepared to pay good money for a pump that could drive a CIP ball and know that it would do the job properly.

I am all in for this idea!

Also @KegLand-com-au are the digital pressure gauges looking like the will be on track for late November?

Cheers 🍺🍺

I completely understand please don't take this as me having a go, Dandenong South is the location my bank puts you at, specifically at "Warehousing Fulfilment Distribution Solutions"

I normally use Direct Freight express, most times its only a few dollars more expensive than Auspost express but i personally find them more reliable than Auspost, my delivery guy knows me now.

Oh I see. That's quite strange. We have not used that company for 2 years now. We did use their third party logistic services in 2018 but now that the Noble Park warehouse is 4500 square meters we can squeeze everything into one location. It's strange that the bank still associates us with this warehouse though. Not sure how we get that updated.

To be honest I think the big issue we have here is that all the current CIP spray balls are really designed for large commercial tanks that are 1meter in diameter or larger. The issue is the spray ball design not really the pump. In larger breweries they would use a 300-1200watt pump for CIP and this size pump is expensive and really overkill. I my opinion I think what we need is a more efficiently designed CIP spray head that will spin and operate on much lower flow rate and pressure. If we were to design one that is made from plastic and work really well for tanks up to 500 mm in size I really think this is what we need in our opinion so customers can use the current 25watt and 65watt magnetic drive pumps.

It surprises me that nobody has designed a spray ball specifically for lower wattage pumps for smaller tanks.

I know a lot of you guys like stainless steel but if we make the spray ball from stainless we will then have to used bearings and because spray balls can't have lubrication in them they require a bit of pressure to get them spinning due to the resistance. If we design the spray ball from plastic we can use some slippery grades of plastic that slide well without bearing and if its quite light it will spin much more easily than stainless. If we use good quality engineering plastics we can design it to be strong, resist chemicals and boiling water. It's really just the perception of having a plastic spray ball in a nice stainless tank. Some customers just don't like the idea of plastic but I think for this application it's the way to solve the problem. Also plastic lets us use complex shapes that are difficult to machine from stainless and to get the CIP spray head to work in very low pressures we will need some complex shapes to direct the flow efficiently without loss in velocity.

Oh I see. That's quite strange. We have not used that company for 2 years now. We did use their third party logistic services in 2018 but now that the Noble Park warehouse is 4500 square meters we can squeeze everything into one location. It's strange that the bank still associates us with this warehouse though. Not sure how we get that updated.

My bank uses lookwhoscharging.com.au for their merchant lookups, might need to give them a call and get your details updated.

Latest posts

Back