Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Once again, for those of us who work full time it would be great to be able to pre-order things like this... especially when the "back in stock" email isn't sent until after they've sold out already...

As my first post I don't want to come across as a grump, but I've been waiting for months now to get hold of one of these. Called up this morning and yes they were on the site for a full 5 mins!! Oh well.....I'll just have to keep fermenting for a bit longer!!!

But I pre- order would be great, at least I will know that I'll get one rather than waiting for a email and hoping I'm not too late.

But hey great service from the lad on the phone and on here.

Wow. Massive repricing on the X plus. $500 to $769. Off my Xmas list.

Yes I am sorry about this. The Series X Plus has worked out slight more expensive to manufacture than we expected and the shipping price from China at the moment is double. I have no idea why the shipping price has increased by so much but here is an index that explains the problem:

indexImg

So if any of you guys plant to purchase any bulky items from China in the next couple of months you should expect to see a price increase.

At Kegland we pride ourselves on passing on goods in the most efficient way possible but with the current shipping price we would be loosing money selling the Series X plus at $500. It's likely for some of the other bulky items we sell we are going to have to increase costs soon too.

So... I got an email about this being in stock, but if I go to the website it's not available until tomorrow... Have I missed it or will I get another email tomorrow?

Very sorry about this they sold out really fast. We have some retailers that managed to snap up stock so it's a good oportunity for you guys to purchase from one of our retail distributors.

I phoned TWOC over in WA as you suggested but they're all out too..... it's not a bad problem really for Kegland to have, you obviously have a great product. My American friends would love to have these!!! I'll just have to wait to keg my 'Scottish Ale' a bit longer.

Yes I am sorry about this. The Series X Plus has worked out slight more expensive to manufacture than we expected and the shipping price from China at the moment is double. I have no idea why the shipping price has increased by so much but here is an index that explains the problem:

indexImg

So if any of you guys plant to purchase any bulky items from China in the next couple of months you should expect to see a price increase.

At Kegland we pride ourselves on passing on goods in the most efficient way possible but with the current shipping price we would be loosing money selling the Series X plus at $500. It's likely for some of the other bulky items we sell we are going to have to increase costs soon too.
I wonder at what point it becomes more attractive to source locally rather than import?

I wonder at what point it becomes more attractive to source locally rather than import?
When Aussies are willing to work for $3 an hour or pay more for the items. If you want more aussie industry support a business that manufactures or encourages manufacturing in Australia. If you want to discourage aussie manufacturing then support companies that buy overseas.

Can't blame kegland for shipping from overseas if you're going to spend your money there. Market dictates price usually.

Yes we definitely have been considering the same thing at the moment. I don't believe any domestic fridge manufacturers exist in Australia yet but if the price of shipping continues to move in this direction I would not be surprised if this happens eventually.

Yes we definitely have been considering the same thing at the moment. I don't believe any domestic fridge manufacturers exist in Australia yet but if the price of shipping continues to move in this direction I would not be surprised if this happens eventually.
None made locally afaik since Electrolux closed in 2016
Maybe it's time to start another business and bring manufacturing back on shore ;)

Very sorry about this they sold out really fast. We have some retailers that managed to snap up stock so it's a good oportunity for you guys to purchase from one of our retail distributors.
Any idea if retailers in Newcastle region have any? I seem to miss out each time by a couple of minutes, so would love to support a local retailer.

I bought an old fridge which was big enough to fit a 60 litre fermenter. Also after fermenting it was big enough to fit my 50 litre keg. That cost $90 second hand in very good condition. Also I added the thermostat controller around $50 so the total amount about $140. Even though it is an all fridge I can get the temperature down to 0c for cold crashing. I am able to get the bigger fermenter in and out easily as it is quite heavy when topped to 46 litres. I made a little stand to support the weight as opposed to a plastic veggie bin.

I'm just speculating, but I wonder if it has something to do with the chinese gov not subsidising the shipping to Aus. China is playing hardball with Australia at the moment, maybe it's time the gov here showed some balls and starts putting tariffs on Chinese imports.

I'm just speculating, but I wonder if it has something to do with the chinese gov not subsidising the shipping to Aus. China is playing hardball with Australia at the moment, maybe it's time the gov here showed some balls and starts putting tariffs on Chinese imports.
Without getting into a political debate, China has a GDP 10x that of Australia, and we rely heavily on export as a source of income. We shipped manufacturing over seas and if we play too hard we will suffer economically big time.

The best way? support companies that manufacture in Australia if you can.

Last edited:
Is there a right and/or wrong way to store the hot fill wine/wort cask bladders?
I filled four on Saturday one has blown and one has some plastic peeling.

Is there any chance you can bring this bag to us. We have never seen this happen before and would like to know more about this so we can better understand what happened. I have re-used the bag quite a few times now and still not had a failure. One thing we are considering is an improved cap that has stronger thread. Other than that I have not heard of any that have plastic peeling or has blown yet so it would be good to get it back.

I just store in cardboard box and this works fairly well for me.

What's the expected release date for those rapt pill hydrometers?

The new RAPT Pill Hydrometer should be finished by about March or April next year we hope. We are still doing RF testing, improving software and also making some small changes like changing from micro-usb to usb-type c. We also recently changed the temperature sensor and board design so this set us back too. The physical injection moulded housing is finished and already in stock but it's just the other parts that we are waiting on now.

Is there any chance you can bring this bag to us. We have never seen this happen before and would like to know more about this so we can better understand what happened. I have re-used the bag quite a few times now and still not had a failure. One thing we are considering is an improved cap that has stronger thread. Other than that I have not heard of any that have plastic peeling or has blown yet so it would be good to get it back.

I just store in cardboard box and this works fairly well for me.

Do you have plans to do a video on the hot fill bladders ?

Latest posts

Back