Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@KegLand-com-au

Do I recall that the new Series X Plus fridges will need a different modular font, or is your existing stocked line compatible? What type of Goal Post configurations are optimal (ie. what are the hole centers)?

Anyone here with a Robobrew or Brewzilla, have you used the whirlpool arm add on?

I used it the other day with my Robobrew v3 but i personally don't think it did anything, you could see it trying to form a small eddy but the pump doesn't seem to have enough oomph to get any considerable movement.

@KegLand-com-au

Did you upgrade the pump when you upgraded to the Brewzilla and is it worth upgrading?

All the Grainfather and BrewZilla units use the same pump now for sizes 65L sizes and below. The 65L BrewZilla does have enough space on the undersized that you could potentially upgrade the pump if you wanted to but it's messy and unless you are good with tools I would not recommend doing this. In the vast majority of cases we find most people fin the pump in the BrewZilla 35L and 65L fast enough and generally needs to be throttled most of the time. With that said we do have a large pump planned for the BrewZilla 100L G4 model but this will not be finished until next year.

Aw mate that sucks.

I will do, i might do a mini review and compare it to the other mini reg they used to sell.

Yeah sorry about that guys. I think we had quite a few people just waiting to push the buy now button so they sold out in record time. All good things come to those who wait though. We have several other shipments of the Mini Core 360 Actuator Regulator already on the way so in about 3 months we should be able to keep up with demand.

@KegLand-com-au

Do I recall that the new Series X Plus fridges will need a different modular font, or is your existing stocked line compatible? What type of Goal Post configurations are optimal (ie. what are the hole centers)?

It's probably best to wait until we released our new punched font range. You can use our existing modular fonts but we are also making some new designs that are easier to assemble and made from punched stainless steel. We will release more information about this soon but the tooling is still getting manufactured for us now. The punched ones will also work out to be slightly better value too.

All the Grainfather and BrewZilla units use the same pump now for sizes 65L sizes and below. The 65L BrewZilla does have enough space on the undersized that you could potentially upgrade the pump if you wanted to but it's messy and unless you are good with tools I would not recommend doing this. In the vast majority of cases we find most people fin the pump in the BrewZilla 35L and 65L fast enough and generally needs to be throttled most of the time. With that said we do have a large pump planned for the BrewZilla 100L G4 model but this will not be finished until next year.

So does my V3 35L Robobrew have the same pump in it as the newer Brewzilla range?

I will take a video of my next brew with the whirlpool arm going.

So does my V3 35L Robobrew have the same pump in it as the newer Brewzilla range?

I will take a video of my next brew with the whirlpool arm going.

Yes the pump is more or less the same capacity from the older Robobrew and BrewZilla units. We did make a very small change to the plastic and changed from glass reinforced PP to glass reinforced XAREC which has significantly better mechanical properties but this does not effect flor rate.

Is there any chance that you can measure the litres per minute with a stop watch? If it's really not very fast you might have a pump blockage or the hose for the pump elbow kinked or something so I would check this too.

I'm sure its been mentioned somewhere in this 251 page thread, but....

In the new premises is there a walk in retail store, or is it still just online purchases and pick up from the lockers?

How am I meant to hide purchases by paying cash??????

I'm sure its been mentioned somewhere in this 251 page thread, but....

In the new premises is there a walk in retail store, or is it still just online purchases and pick up from the lockers?

How am I meant to hide purchases by paying cash??????

We do have a retail frontage for service, returns or if you guys just want to get some information on how to use a product. This is open now at our address at 410 Princes Hwy, Noble Park North. The service counter is manned 5 days a week from 9am til 5pm.

With that said we only accept cash for CO2 refills. All other transaction are taken through the website. We do have computers in the lobby so to place an order you can use one of the computers in the lobby then the guys in the warehouse will bring the goods out to you straight away.

We are putting more and more stuff into the retail store area on display too as the space is larger than before.

Yeah sorry about that guys. I think we had quite a few people just waiting to push the buy now button so they sold out in record time. All good things come to those who wait though. We have several other shipments of the Mini Core 360 Actuator Regulator already on the way so in about 3 months we should be able to keep up with demand.
Once again, for those of us who work full time it would be great to be able to pre-order things like this... especially when the "back in stock" email isn't sent until after they've sold out already...

Anyone here with a Robobrew or Brewzilla, have you used the whirlpool arm add on?

I used it the other day with my Robobrew v3 but i personally don't think it did anything, you could see it trying to form a small eddy but the pump doesn't seem to have enough oomph to get any considerable movement.

@KegLand-com-au

Did you upgrade the pump when you upgraded to the Brewzilla and is it worth upgrading?

Definitely works well on my Brewzilla, I get a nice hop/ trub cone left behind.

Wow. Massive repricing on the X plus. $500 to $769. Off my Xmas list.

Series X in yet, got an email put site still says 10th Doesn't really matter I guess as I need a couple of 19ltr Kegs as well but they are not due till the 13th iguess just have to take a gamble and hope that the Series x is still in stock.

Looking forward to this, new hobbie and all

Once again, for those of us who work full time it would be great to be able to pre-order things like this... especially when the "back in stock" email isn't sent until after they've sold out already...
So... I got an email about this being in stock, but if I go to the website it's not available until tomorrow... Have I missed it or will I get another email tomorrow?

Its probably close at that price. Depends what $ amount you give to your time. Pricing aside, when my current keezer packs it in I'm going to move to something like this so I don't have to lift kegs over the top.

Latest posts

Back