Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry if I missed it, but is there an ETA on the new version of the flow control disconnects?

We are still waiting on some of the injection moulds to be completed. This is still at least 2-3 months away. We are sorry about the long wait.

Are you able to get retaining rings/circlips for your duotight push in fittings?
Just an extra piece of mind for any hose that bends straight out of the connector.

In all our testing it's not something that is necessary with duotight fittings. With that said if we get enough call for it we will get them in. If the hose is made to the correct specification even if you bent the hose aggressively you should not get any leaks. I tend to think that you should not bother myself.

I think it probably would. It gets pretty cold!

If you take ice directly from the freezer then put it onto the coil it probably will.

If you keep an ice water slurry then you should be ok and it will probably will not freeze.

We have made the new carbonation caps more serviceable now. As you can see here:
https://www.kegland.com.au/media/pdf/KL10788 - Carbonation Cap Improvements April 2020.pdf

We changed the carbonation caps more recently so you can remove the underside without damaging the o-ring.

In most instances the poppet will not need to be replaced. It's just a matter of giving them a clean. The most common issue is hops stuck in the poppet spring.

Does the redesign apply to the stainless steel ones? the one i used was brand new, only had a spray of stellersan and its used as a gas post so no hop or beer residue got into it.

I know. I've been asking about it for months, you keep responding, and each month the release date is delayed.

Is this the 360 core regulator? i wanted that and was about to buy it so i can finally use my mini keg until the last delay put it back 5 weeks and just bought the mini reg.

Is this the 360 core regulator? i wanted that and was about to buy it so i can finally use my mini keg until the last delay put it back 5 weeks and just bought the mini reg.
Yep it is. The mini regs have been crap in my experience, hope you have better luck.

Yep it is. The mini regs have been crap in my experience, hope you have better luck.

From the little use i have had out of it, it doesn't seem too bad, no idea of prolonged use though, i'll probably still get 360 core once they are readily available, i plan to upgrade my CO2 bottle to a 6kg and i can use the old one as a regulator for the 2.6kg bottle.

@KegLand-com-au what is the tare weight of a 2.6kg CO2 cylinder as sold (with screw valve and plastic handle)?

A mate of mine out bush is a novice kegger and has borrowed one of my bottles, guessing he has a leak as he reckons it is out of gas and weighing 7.2kg. Does this sound right?

@KegLand-com-au what is the tare weight of a 2.6kg CO2 cylinder as sold (with screw valve and plastic handle)?

A mate of mine out bush is a novice kegger and has borrowed one of my bottles, guessing he has a leak as he reckons it is out of gas and weighing 7.2kg. Does this sound right?
Sounds about right for a steel bottle
my 2.3kg aluminium bottles are 3.48kg empty

@KegLand-com-au have you ever thought about ball lock blank caps or the like to cover fittings when transporting kegs for camping, bbq’s, etc. to stop leaks if they get knocked or something leans on them?

Yes that is correct. The voltage controller will not damage the digiboil unit. Really the only problem is if you go too low in power the screen will just turn off and the elements will go off all together. You will however get good adjustment from about 50% to 100%.
Hi Kegland, you specifically said this wont damage the Digiboil but what about the Robobrew/Brewzilla?

Hi Kegland, you specifically said this wont damage the Digiboil but what about the Robobrew/Brewzilla?

From the looks of it, they are nearly exactly the same bar a few small things, different screen, software and the BZ has a recirc pump.

Hi Kegland,

Would you please take fake reviews off your site? Things like this on your 'Nitro duokit - High Capacity Nitrogen (N2) Gas duotight push in kit':

1594349281949.png

Not only does it make no sense, but it's lifted from Amazon reviews about Nitrogen welding equipment. Leave the reviews to actual people buying your products. It's not too much to ask for a bit of honesty is it?

How about this one on 'Stainless Tap - For 5L Oak Barrel':
1594349544680.png

which is lifted from a completely different product on a kitchen warehouse site? I bet if I spent a bit of time on this I could find countless examples.

Hi Kegland,

Would you please take fake reviews off your site? Things like this on your 'Nitro duokit - High Capacity Nitrogen (N2) Gas duotight push in kit':

View attachment 118570

Not only does it make no sense, but it's lifted from Amazon reviews about Nitrogen welding equipment. Leave the reviews to actual people buying your products. It's not too much to ask for a bit of honesty is it?

View attachment 118571

which is lifted from a completely different product on a kitchen warehouse site? I bet if I spent a bit of time on this I could find countless examples.
This is a good way to get your customers offside, falsified reviews are the stuff of snakeoilers.

While you're tasking your webdevs to remove this garbage, it's about time you had them fix your search and start validating inputs too.

While you're tasking your webdevs to remove this garbage, it's about time you had them fix your search and start validating inputs too.

I just had a page open for the "Mini 360 Core Actuator Regulator" and sure enough the review is the same as one on Amazon for a different product. I don't even think this one has been sold yet.

Pretty sure when KL are back Monday morning those zany web developers are going to be taking the blame for those reviews being there.

Hi Kegland,

View attachment 118570

View attachment 118571

Ha, thats funny, apparently Karina has no complaints about the 3000psi burst disc she ordered but only rated it 3 stars.

Some products do by the looks have legit reviews but it looks like most are fake.

Hi kegland, Just wondering if there's a chance you guys are working on anything for grain storage. I know this has come up before and there was talk about supplying vittles vault containers but I never saw that come up. Did I miss it? I just think a simple container designed specifically for 25kg sacks of grain would be great and something that is not easy to come by. Thanks

Back