Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yes... I am well aware of what this means now. As I am very NEW to kegging, I read that comment as being that I need to supply the soda bottle and "carbonation caps" which I read as being the carbonation cap that connects to the keg. and further, the advert I saw was PCO 1881 Carbonation Cap Tee Piece

1593155560806.png

Yes this is the item I am referring too but following is the screen I saw and not the one you have shown. Being as new as one can be to kegging, I thought the reference top " the soda bottle... very clear but the reference to the carbonation cap" was reference to the grey cap that attaches to the keg. I now know different. Not wanting to discuss this any further but consumer law would agree with me that the image has valid impact on what a consumer would expect. Whilst I suspect your post was intended to be derogatory, I only hope I am wrong. Thank you

1593155631155.png

It's a little tricky but you fiddle about with it you can get both of the posts to sit in the gaps in the stand and the corny will sit on the stand properly.
I don't have a bucket blaster, therefore: is it possible this wouldn't work with different kegs? Which tramsjoe may well have.

I don't have a bucket blaster, therefore: is it possible this wouldn't work with different kegs? Which tramsjoe may well have.
Yeah nah i looked at it today with the stand on top of the keg - basically upside down, and the qd's kinda to clip onto the frame. It'll take a bit jiggling but should be ok. Kegs are kegland btw

Yeah nah i looked at it today with the stand on top of the keg - basically upside down, and the qd's kinda to clip onto the frame. It'll take a bit jiggling but should be ok. Kegs are kegland btw
Nothing should be clipping anywhere - just gently rest it on the stand. It's such a simple bit of kit that compatibility won't be a problem, if you want to fit other disconnects then that's simple too. So far in my experience I've used it on 9/19L corny, schweppes, 50L kegs and each of the brew bucket-style fermenters I have; also cubes and my brewzilla65 and even the 10gal unitank (with a bit of extra piping).

It's also a great glass washer.

Nothing should be clipping anywhere - just gently rest it on the stand. It's such a simple bit of kit that compatibility won't be a problem, if you want to fit other disconnects then that's simple too. So far in my experience I've used it on 9/19L corny, schweppes, 50L kegs and each of the brew bucket-style fermenters I have; also cubes and my brewzilla65 and even the 10gal unitank (with a bit of extra piping).

It's also a great glass washer.

Keen to get your thoughts on using it. Do you use warm water with Oxy/StellarClean? Do you rinse your keg/fermenter/whatever by dumping the oxy and filling the BucketBlaster with clean warm water?

Keen to get your thoughts on using it. Do you use warm water with Oxy/StellarClean? Do you rinse your keg/fermenter/whatever by dumping the oxy and filling the BucketBlaster with clean warm water?
It is very simple to use and does a great job. The only wish I have is for a bit more oomph in the submersible pump for CIP my unitank but for the price point I can't complain. The only mod I have made is to add a cheap sprayball.

I haven't bought any of kegland's cleaning products. I bulk bought 25kg of sodium perc a few years ago that is still half way through, plus have a few 10lb tubs of PBW brought back from the states so typically do a half laundry scoop of each in ~20-25L water. I use the 65l robo/bz to get the water up to 50 deg and then turn off the elements and drop in the bucket blaster. Once the cleaning run is done I drain of 20L into a cube (if no obvious organic matter I'll reuse this a couple of times for in-between cleans of single vessels).

For rinsing I give the robo a quick rinse with 2L of wam water out the tap and then back in with 20-25L warm water heated to 50deg if needed using the inbuilt elements. Then all of the equipment goes back for a rinse and the leftover water is emptied into buckets that end up on the fruit trees when it's cooled below 30deg.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-06-28 at 1.18.17 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-28 at 1.18.17 pm.png
    733.1 KB · Views: 84
  • Screen Shot 2020-06-28 at 1.19.04 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-28 at 1.19.04 pm.png
    878.8 KB · Views: 82
Want to get into distilling and a little confused.
If I buy the digiboil and pot still do I need to buy the mkii temp controller or is the digiboil good enough to maintain a stable degree

There is a pic on the KL website showing how it can be placed on the keg. I think if you had some keg where the disconnects were closer to the center then it wouldn't work, but I thought most corny kegs followed a similar layout.

Attachments

• kl11106_-_bucket_blaster_keg_washer_-_19l_keg_upside_down_custom_.jpg
    kl11106_-_bucket_blaster_keg_washer_-_19l_keg_upside_down_custom_.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 54
There is a pic on the KL website showing how it can be placed on the keg. I think if you had some keg where the disconnects were closer to the center then it wouldn't work, but I thought most corny kegs followed a similar layout.
Any vessel with an open top should be fine. The keg doesn't have to be perfectly centred.

If I buy the digiboil and pot still do I need to buy the mkii temp controller or is the digiboil good enough to maintain a stable degree
why would you want to do anything except boil?

I would suggest you google Australian distilling forums and read up there before you buy anything

why would you want to do anything except boil?
When you boil mash you need to boil at 82-83 and maintain that temp, after taking your fore tails (which makes you go blind), any thing over the 82-83 threshold means your now into the after tails, and this is the stuff the damages livers, this is the reason why you don't just boil.

Just want to say thanks to Dan at Kegland I bought an N2 Mk4 regulator a few months back thinking it could be used for the 4 x disposable N2 bottles i also purchased. Needless to say I got the wrong regulator, Rang KL and spoke to Dan who assisted and is allowing me to bring in an changeover for a restocking fee. Appreciate it guys. This is why I shop here.
1f642.png
:)

— feeling happy.

Watched the YouTube again I must have been having a brain fart I know what it's for now.
At the time I was thinking on a YouTube American guy was saying go to say (can't remember exact) 143F hold for heads till finished then ramp and hold 178F when the digiboil self ramps that's when the temp controller kicks in.
Will the digiboil do this but I just do the manual ramping between heads and hearts?

Watched the YouTube again I must have been having a brain fart I know what it's for now.
At the time I was thinking on a YouTube American guy was saying go to say (can't remember exact) 143F hold for heads till finished then ramp and hold 178F when the digiboil self ramps that's when the temp controller kicks in.
Will the digiboil do this but I just do the manual ramping between heads and hearts?

I would jump over to the distilling forums as you will quickly learn that you shouldnt be controlling a still (especially that small) with temperature, rather they should be controlled by power input with an SCR or the the kegland power controllers - here.

There is alot of opinion on temp (pid) vs power control however so do your own research.

Wouldn't that damage the digiboil mainboard by under volting the input supply?
Go with a voltage controller. Have it on full power until your wash starts to heat up then reduce to about half power. The temp of the boil will automatically rise as you are taking out the alcohol. The voltage controller will not damage the digiboil, well it hasn't damaged my Robobrew anyway

Ok guys we are going to soon stock a 0-15psi gauge as well. So you can also use this for keg dispensing as it's not common to need to go above 15psi for keg dispensing. So in future our range will include:

0-15psi - Analogue
0-30psi - Analogue
0-60psi - Analogue
0-150psi - Analogue

0-100psi - Digital - higher accuracy

Hopefully that will cover all the different applications you guys are using these for.
Hi @KegLand-com-au, will you be offering a version of the "Duotight Inline Regulator with Integrated Gauge" that comes with the digital gauge as standard? Also any chance of a version with 3/8" Duotight rather than 5/16" (would prefer not to use adapters as that makes the unit much less compact)?

Thanks

@KegLand-com-au

Are the poppets in the stainless steel carb cap replaceable? i bought a couple of caps a few weeks ago now and first time i used one, there is a slight leak, probably a dodgy o-ring, it happens.

I have a few new poppets in a corny keg kit i bought ages ago, would be easier than sending it back for replacement.

Back