Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Guys...I do have questions if I may. I purchased 2 PCO 1881 Carbonation Cap Tee Piece which I now know need
Plastic Carbonation & Line Cleaning Cap & FermZilla Pressure Caps
I re read the description of this product and do not feel "stupid" for being a bit cranky that the "caps" did not come with it and further these adapters have a thread (as advised by a staff member subsequently) that is a unique thread and these caps are necessary. So after paying freight...I ended up with these 2 adapters without the caps thereby making them useless to me. When I called, I was told that these all are sold separately. The reasons offered as to why this "adapter" product is not sold as a complete item were followed up by my comment, "well surely the majority of people order this product(s) as a complete unit and was told "well this is how it has always been done". The cost of the freight (very small order) was under $10 but it is the fact of timing and the need to re order was a wrong for me that I threw out the adapters. This is not a complaint but if I may be so bold as to offer a suggestion...please put the picture of what I am ordering actually...well... what I am ordering rather than the picture you have which clearly is not what I got nor wanted...it was such a pain in the arse. Given you are a GREAT store and the ever increasing reliance on internet shopping, maybe you could have someone with the "on line retailing" type of experience review the essence of this post simply to make a great business...even better...and YES...I am a retired account and possibly a bit "anal" but hey...this is just some input that may (or may not) help you guys. And I know some will read this post and think...WTF...get a life you old tosser but honestly, it did piss me off, you are a great business and if this post helps you just a little bit...then I am happy. All the best

Darren
I believe this is a disappointment which could have been easily avoided had you read the product description as it is stated multiple times that these carb caps are not included.

I am assuming they are not included to keep the price as cheap as possible as some people may already have spare carbonation caps and hence do not need to buy more with the adapter. Not every person is in the same boat needing to buy carb caps with it. In the same vein that you are frustrated that they are not provided other people may be simply annoyed that they must buy the carb caps even though they don't need them if they were provided and the price increased accordingly.

While I do agree that an update to the pictures may be warranted to make it clearer that these carb caps are not provided I think the onus also lies with the customer to read the description of what they are buying. I don't think this is too much of an ask. Just my 2 cents.

I don't think KL are being intentionally deceptive here, but the default picture should probably be of the product and not the product with a bunch of other things attached. This has caught me a few times, now I know to go read the description, then read the description again more carefully. Let's face it, there's not a lot of copyrighting that goes into the descriptions either.

please put the picture of what I am ordering actually...well... what I am ordering rather than the picture you have which clearly is not what I got nor wanted...

you mean... like this?

Capture.JPG

What will the OD of your 10mm silicone hose be? Will it be available in lengths longer than 2m as well?

We do not currently have plans to stock larger rolls of this. What length were you looking for.

also with regards to the OD this is a 15mm OD. So the wall thickness is 2.5mm making this more kink resistant. We did originally try some 13.5mm ID and although this was quite a bit cheaper it kinked really easy.

I like that tapping head though its nice and solid, i would make it so that the posts and prv are interchangeable, maybe getting rid of the disconnects altogether and going for straight duotight connector incorporated into the tapping head.

Yes that would make it a lot cheaper but just a bit more complicated to do an oxygen free transfer. How would you plant to fill the mini keg if we had duotight fittings directly on the tapping head.

Yes that would make it a lot cheaper but just a bit more complicated to do an oxygen free transfer. How would you plant to fill the mini keg if we had duotight fittings directly on the tapping head.

The same way i guess, instead of a jumper with 2 liquid disconnects, one liquid and the tube going straight into the duotight connection, take the tube out either put your pluto gun in or tap. To be honest i didn't spend too much time thinking about it.

Or another quick thought, the posts are 2 piece, have a duotight fitting that can screw into the first piece that attaches to the head, might be a bit cheaper tooling wise instead of designing a whole new piece, and would be compatible with current fittings.

With the mini kegs, oxygen really wouldn't be that big an issue, beer won't be in the keg long enough for oxygen to affect the beer.

Hello KegLand. I have the cash ready to go to buy a new series x kegerator, but everything is out of stock. When will this actually be available? I'm green to kegging, and venturing out for the first time, i've been ringing the phone number for advice, on the website but always engaged.

We have more of the Series X Kegerators that are getting unloaded now. We will put them up online very soon. Once they are in stock you can use the new Kegerator Builder here:
Kegerator (Keg Fridge) Builder
We have been having a difficult time keeping products in stock at the moment we have plenty of containers booked but we just cant get the stock in fast enough.

I believe this is a disappointment which could have been easily avoided had you read the product description as it is stated multiple times that these carb caps are not included.

I am assuming they are not included to keep the price as cheap as possible as some people may already have spare carbonation caps and hence do not need to buy more with the adapter. Not every person is in the same boat needing to buy carb caps with it. In the same vein that you are frustrated that they are not provided other people may be simply annoyed that they must buy the carb caps even though they don't need them if they were provided and the price increased accordingly.

While I do agree that an update to the pictures may be warranted to make it clearer that these carb caps are not provided I think the onus also lies with the customer to read the description of what they are buying. I don't think this is too much of an ask. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks for your feedback. We do have a difficult time with this and we are gradually putting more product together as kits however one of the main issues we have is once we get a product pre-packaged as a kit it then cannot be sold individually. Also these PCO 1881 tee pieces will have a number of other applications in the future. For instance we will get customers purchase them so they can add use this part to make up a device that enables them to add hops to FermZilla All Rounder through the lid and using a PET soft drink bottle.

Sounds like a great solution, and dont have to worry about exceeding gauge pressure. I'm fine to wait. The 30psi ones are still good, just not quite as nice as the 23s. Here is my set up.

View attachment 118385

Regarding the taps, what would be nice to see is test where you have multiple taps connected to the same keg so you can do a proper side by side under the exact same conditions. I use perlick flow control taps at the moment. I do get a bit of foam on the first pour. I generally just turn the flow down for the first 1/4 glass or so and then back up again and its fine. I'm looking at changing to taps with a return spring, as its only a matter of time until my 2 year old pulls on a tap handle and walks away, emptying a keg onto the floor.

Ok guys we are going to soon stock a 0-15psi gauge as well. So you can also use this for keg dispensing as it's not common to need to go above 15psi for keg dispensing. So in future our range will include:

0-15psi - Analogue
0-30psi - Analogue
0-60psi - Analogue
0-150psi - Analogue

0-100psi - Digital - higher accuracy

Hopefully that will cover all the different applications you guys are using these for.

Hi, fermenting at 12psi with the Fermzilla what temps are too high?

I'll be fermenting in my open basement that fluctuates from about 14 to 24 degrees.

Ultimately, should i be thinking on getting a temp controlled fridge? Or under 12 psi, 24-25 degrees is fine?

Just got my soda water reactor lid set up, seems to be working pretty well!

I didn't buy it originally because I don't have any practical way to plumb water to my keezer permanently. But I still wanted to make it work, so I was looking into the 2-keg and pump solution, but I thought, "It'd be nice if I didn't have to lift the second keg in and out of the keezer to refill, why don't I put some fittings on the keezer to hook up a water line and a bleed valve?"

But then the plan stalled out while I waited to see if anyone would recommend a particular pump that was known to work well and not impart a taste to the water.

Over the weekend it finally hit me: While I've got water hooked up, I've got water pressure available! I don't need a pump at all, I just need to deal with the headspace pressure in the serving keg when I do a refill - if I don't bleed off the pressure, the gas in the headspace will compress as water flows in and eventually the pressure will equalise and stop the flow. Back to the bleed valve idea....a Blowtie will do that job just fine!

So I've now got it set up with 2 kegs as per the "pre-chill" setup described in the manual, with just two minor modifications: a liquid post on the keezer for detachable water-in, and a gas post for overpressure-out, tee-d from the gas inlet of the serving keg.

To use it, I turn off the gas at the bottle, and connect a Blowtie set a bit above my regulator pressure to the overpressure-out post. Then I hook up a water line extended from the water filter in my laundry to the water-in. If the serving keg isn't full the float valve is open so flow starts, water pressure pushing chilled water from the pre-chill keg through the reactor lid. Excess pressure from the headspace vents via the blowtie. When the keg is full the float valve closes, just as in the continuous-hookup system it's designed for, and I can disconnect the water hookup. Once a glass is served the float valve reopens, but with no pressure to motivate flow nothing happens until the water hookup is reconnected, which I plan to do about once a day to replace the 1-3 litres consumed over the day.

This is so simple I can't believe it's taken me 6 months to figure it out.

Hi Kegland,

Is there a special way to wash a corny keg with the bucket blaster? When i connect the lines to wash the posts, it wont sit down on the stand.

Also, any plans to make something to join up the qd's so that the bucket blaster can be used to clean beer lines and other lines etc?

TIA,

Hi Kegland,

Is there a special way to wash a corny keg with the bucket blaster? When i connect the lines to wash the posts, it wont sit down on the stand.

Also, any plans to make something to join up the qd's so that the bucket blaster can be used to clean beer lines and other lines etc?

TIA,
I literally just finished cleaning 3 corny kegs with mine and I have no idea what you mean... Can you please explain the problem?

To clean beer lines I use a carp cap T-piece and a PET bottle with carb caps, plug in the beer line to one side and the keg blaster in the other running straight off the pump.

If you need it now, Hoppy Days has it in stock.

I literally just finished cleaning 3 corny kegs with mine and I have no idea what you mean... Can you please explain the problem?

To clean beer lines I use a carp cap T-piece and a PET bottle with carb caps, plug in the beer line to one side and the keg blaster in the other running straight off the pump.

If you need it now, Hoppy Days has it in stock.

I had not seen the carb cap, i love this idea!

Thanks

Hi Kegland,

TIA,

It's a little tricky but you fiddle about with it you can get both of the posts to sit in the gaps in the stand and the corny will sit on the stand properly.

Latest posts

Back