Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like a great solution, and dont have to worry about exceeding gauge pressure. I'm fine to wait. The 30psi ones are still good, just not quite as nice as the 23s. Here is my set up.

View attachment 118385

Regarding the taps, what would be nice to see is test where you have multiple taps connected to the same keg so you can do a proper side by side under the exact same conditions. I use perlick flow control taps at the moment. I do get a bit of foam on the first pour. I generally just turn the flow down for the first 1/4 glass or so and then back up again and its fine. I'm looking at changing to taps with a return spring, as its only a matter of time until my 2 year old pulls on a tap handle and walks away, emptying a keg onto the floor.
Hahah this happend to me two weeks ago! Luckily i was in the garage at the time and only lost about a litre onto the floor!

is it possible to get an option on the site to hide out of stock items?

bit of a PITA going through the liquid yeasts in particular trying to find what's available
I second this - yeast has always been a pain for this reason. Also maybe an option for the yeast that's just past its best although I can imagine the staff enjoy privileges on these!

@KegLand-com-au Is there a particular reason the posts on the mini keg tapping head aren't interchangeable? although its my own fault for not measuring my indoor fridge but with a 4L mini keg, the liquid disconnect its about 5mm too tall and hits the shelf above.

I tried to swap the liquid and prv posts but the liquid post wont screw in properly. Its not a huge deal as i bought the keg mainly to take around to some mates places but i don't want to have to buy a 5L one which is a bit shorter.

Hey Chris. If you really want accuracy I think it might be good for you to wait a bit. I don't want to give too much away right now as I feel that the more I talk about it the more questions I will have to answer on the topic and then if I talk to mush about it many customers will be frustrated that it's not available yet and it's not in stock yet. So it's a bit of a catch 22.

With that said we are working on a new mini gauge that will go from 0-100psi and have 1% accuracy so this will be the most accurate gauge and will fit into all these products:

Blowtie Spunding Valve
Inline Regulator
Mini Core 360 Regulator
RAPT Fermentation Chamber
... and several other products that will be available in the future.

We will be able to sell this at about $9-13.

If you talk to any credible gauge manufacturer they will tell you that when you go below 100mm diameter gauges you really start to sacrifice accuracy as it's very difficult to make a bourdon tube accurate that is very compact. As "mini" keg systems become more popular and everyone likes things to be as compact as possible we believe we have to make new mini digital pressure gauges that use electronics rather than analogue bourdon tube. So the wheels are in motion with regards to this but you will have to wait a few months before this is complete. I cannot give a finish date for this as we are only at the early stages of development.

Please tell me this is going to include a digital spunding valve!!!

I know you guys are doing your best fast-tracking the development, but can you provide an estimate for when you expect to release the 6 tap kegerator? Having the ability to have multiple taps without going down the keezer route is exciting to say the least.

Nah, Vic is right. Your website is horrendous. You have customers here highlighting basic errors and relying on them to report back you. A potential new customer or one not familiar with your range will just say it's too hard and find an alternative.

Thanks for the feedback guys. We will continue to work on several other updates on the new site. Please keep sending us emails if you have any particular things that you think of that could improve customer experience.

is it possible to get an option on the site to hide out of stock items?

bit of a PITA going through the liquid yeasts in particular trying to find what's available

Yes that is a fair point. We will get that changes so the drop down menu where it says "sort by" we can have the field "in stock" in this drop down menu. I will add this to the list.

@KegLand-com-au Is there a particular reason the posts on the mini keg tapping head aren't interchangeable? although its my own fault for not measuring my indoor fridge but with a 4L mini keg, the liquid disconnect its about 5mm too tall and hits the shelf above.

I tried to swap the liquid and prv posts but the liquid post wont screw in properly. Its not a huge deal as i bought the keg mainly to take around to some mates places but i don't want to have to buy a 5L one which is a bit shorter.

Yes the number of customers now using these mini kegs in eskies etc we are starting to see more of a need for a more compact dispensing head. We might need to re-design the whole head to reduce the height. This is probably something we should look at in a bit more detail.

Yes the number of customers now using these mini kegs in eskies etc we are starting to see more of a need for a more compact dispensing head. We might need to re-design the whole head to reduce the height. This is probably something we should look at in a bit more detail.
Still keen on a low profile A-type coupler for eskies and kegerators too...

What will the OD of your 10mm silicone hose be? Will it be available in lengths longer than 2m as well?

I like that tapping head though its nice and solid, i would make it so that the posts and prv are interchangeable, maybe getting rid of the disconnects altogether and going for straight duotight connector incorporated into the tapping head.

The local web design agency we are using www.mitash.com we have found to be pretty good so far but this yeast issue is actually our issue so we can't blame them. Thanks for letting us know about the yeast category issue. This will be fixed up very soon. Please let us know if you come across anything else like this that we have missed and we will fix it up straight away.

One I have found is that the "recipe" tab is missing from he Extract Recipe Kits since the changeover. Even a link to download them all at once would be handy.

Yes. The new digital mini gauge would enable you to use this on the blowtie spunding valve.

I actually meant digitally controlled & programmable, e.g. a solenoid with a set pressure.

Matched with an iSpindel / tilt or similar the brewer can increase the set pressure with "x" gravity points remaining in order to naturally carbonate.

I actually meant digitally controlled & programmable, e.g. a solenoid with a set pressure.

Matched with an iSpindel / tilt or similar the brewer can increase the set pressure with "x" gravity points remaining in order to naturally carbonate.
It's a cool idea but the problem is you'll get end user configuring/using it wrong then blowing up their pressure vessels and blaming KL. Maybe if it has a low pressure PRV.

kegland So I the 10mm ID silicone tubing also able to be used with the G20 Glycol Chiller?

This thread is because we have been getting some questions from our customers and often we are answering the same questions to multiple different people and perhaps the more efficient way to handle these questions is through a public forum.

Also as we feel that we have a team of staff with a fairly wide range of experience especially in the keg dispensing hardware field we feel that this can also be an area for customers to ask us about specific advice on how to use gear.

It should be noted that we have our own business called www.KegLand.com.au and some customers might find our advice or insight to be biased because we are a retailer of keg dispensing hardware. With that said, we are passionate about the industry and we have a genuine interest in making sure customers get good advice so they are educated enough to make better beer and make good choices when putting together keg systems.

So if you have any questions related to our gear or other keg dispensing gear. Please feel free to ask us on this thread.

Hi Guys...I do have questions if I may. I purchased 2 PCO 1881 Carbonation Cap Tee Piece which I now know need
Plastic Carbonation & Line Cleaning Cap & FermZilla Pressure Caps
I re read the description of this product and do not feel "stupid" for being a bit cranky that the "caps" did not come with it and further these adapters have a thread (as advised by a staff member subsequently) that is a unique thread and these caps are necessary. So after paying freight...I ended up with these 2 adapters without the caps thereby making them useless to me. When I called, I was told that these all are sold separately. The reasons offered as to why this "adapter" product is not sold as a complete item were followed up by my comment, "well surely the majority of people order this product(s) as a complete unit and was told "well this is how it has always been done". The cost of the freight (very small order) was under $10 but it is the fact of timing and the need to re order was a wrong for me that I threw out the adapters. This is not a complaint but if I may be so bold as to offer a suggestion...please put the picture of what I am ordering actually...well... what I am ordering rather than the picture you have which clearly is not what I got nor wanted...it was such a pain in the arse. Given you are a GREAT store and the ever increasing reliance on internet shopping, maybe you could have someone with the "on line retailing" type of experience review the essence of this post simply to make a great business...even better...and YES...I am a retired account and possibly a bit "anal" but hey...this is just some input that may (or may not) help you guys. And I know some will read this post and think...WTF...get a life you old tosser but honestly, it did piss me off, you are a great business and if this post helps you just a little bit...then I am happy. All the best

Darren

Back