Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use one of the Bunnings 35 L tubs. As stated it only holds about 20 kilos. I buy a sack of grain the day I'm doing a brew so I use some out of the sack before storing it.

Thanks for that. I noticed that Bunnings have a 25 lt drinking water drum that should do the job.
I use a plastic bin from Bunnings. 55l I believe. Nice lid that pushes down secure enough to keep pets out. I fit a full sack and room for a few bags of spec malt

Not much, usually less than 1PSI but it will depend on the valve. I had a couple of the duotight ones in my kegerator setup when I had a keg of water in there and I didn't adjust any pressures.

If you are worried it is easy enough to test, wait until you have a known reading then put the valve in there and read it again to see the pressure drop.

Yes that is correct. The check valves are mostly about 1-2psi opening pressure but we do have the gas manifolds that are sightly higher due to the hard spring used in these and they have opening pressure of about 1.5-3psi.

Seems to be 3/4 in but not bsp?

https://www.kegland.com.au/fermenter-tap-hdpe-black-plastic-3-4-thread.html
I had a 3/4 in bsp piece to test but I was very weary of cross threading and it didn't seem to fit into a cube I have

These will fit into the cubes fine but it depends a bit on how well the cube is moulded. Some cubes seem to have better quality threads t
@KegLand-com-au just mentioning current problems with the website:
  1. In case you're not aware, "sort by" on search results doesn't appear to work (I can select any field and the order never changes)
  2. show all doesn't work (please just make this the default everywhere, as I keep asking, NFI why people would want to limit results)
  3. there are bugs in the results returned by searches e.g. broken html tags like
  4. you might want to check that your search function isn't vulnerable to command injection; at the very least you should validate non-alphanumeric input and probably suppress "suggested search results" such as

thanks for that. I will bring this up with Mitash Web Developers

Kegland - any plans to bring out a single skin conical fermenter or even a kegmenter in the 100-150L size range?
Would be great if you did!

@KegLand-com-au

Any comments on your RO system? At $250 it's considerably more expensive than some other options I've seen.

Also, how would one connect this to an outdoor tap / hose?

@KegLand-com-au do you have any options to adapt a PCO 1881 thread (PET bottle / carbonation cap) to a 1/2" or 3/4" stainless thread? I'm installing a soda water tap (nukatap on the right-angle disconnect/ffl) in the kitchen and I'd like to be able to mount it over the sink on a short riser that has a steel carbonation cap on the top, giving me a dry break.

edit: actually never mind, I had already solved this problem just forgotten how I was going to do it... of course I'll just use the 1/2" ball lock posts that I already have for my 23L kegs: Cornelius Type Ball Lock Liquid Post with 1/2

Last edited:

It comes with a diverter for a laundry tap, which are the same size (19mm / 3/4" BSP) as most garden taps.

Alternatively you could buy a 3/4" to 1/2" BSP reducer and then build up whatever adapters you need to get to 6.5mm from standard brewing fittings - I went this path to convert my garden tap and hoses to camlock because the standard garden quick-disconnect sucks.

As for the price - well, it's a little cheaper than the Filter Systems Australia model that I'm 99% sure it's a rebrand of (GT1-39). Yes, you can get something that looks pretty similar for about $50 less at other vendors. I can't speak for those.

@KegLand-com-au

Are you going to get those FC ball lock disconnects and the 0-23psi mini gauges back in stock?

We are considering not getting the 30psi guages back in again as we already stock this 0-30psi gauge one and they are obviously quite close. Do you need the 0-23psi one specifically?

Also the FC ball lock disconnects are superseded as we have the new design that will replace the current one that is on our website.

@KegLand-com-au

Any comments on your RO system? At $250 it's considerably more expensive than some other options I've seen.

We use an RO membrane that is made in America and it's really the best one we have found so far. If we are able to find a less expensive one from Asia we would stock that but we have not yet found one with equivalent quality. This one part does increase the price.

Also we have all watermark fittings and this also increases the cost.

Do you guys want us to stock another type with Chinese membrane and non-water marked fittings? If you do we could easily go lower in price.

Back