Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What malts you looking for mate?
years ago there was a malt BB that went nowhere with some castle (?) malts. maybe it was chateau malts? I can't really remember.
had no idea what belgian malts even were back then, but now i'd like to give them a go

Can you drill a hole in the original blank cap and put a silicone line in to it?
Or get a softdrink lid if you don't want to ruin the original.

I have a black cap with the hole in it, but I'd like to be able to keep the carb cap inserted instead so I can quickly swap over to the spunding valve when ready.

Hey @KegLand-com-au, any chance of knocking up a female soft drink thread to male 5/8" adapter part? All your current products and future products like the rapt fridge seem to be designed to utilise carb caps but everything in my brewery is k-Lok. I would love to be able to put k-Lok fittings on my Fermzillas and may consider the rapt fridge down the track too.

Thanks
lol, knocking up a female

hi guys, do you have a solution to attach a blow off tube to a fermzilla lid carb cap? I have been blowing off for the first ~48 hours prior to spunding (and like to do so), but I have been using a ball lock attached to 5mm ID line and an open picnic tap in a bucket of sanitiser. Would like a solution where I could use a bigger diameter silicone tubing but haven't figured out how to do so. I think something like a carb cap with no poppet and silicone directly over the top would work, but you can't take the poppet out of the caps....
Here’s a video of removing the poppet from carb caps. Hope this is helpful.

I generally brew 4 - 5 Belgian beers a year but I am finding it incredibly difficult to find much Belgian malt. Any chance you would/could import some Belgian base and specialty malts?
Dingemans malts are out of stock most places. Maybe it's because Belgium is very hard hit by the virus. Substituting other continental pilsner malts for base won't hurt much, but in the dark beers there's no substitute for Special B. Weyermann's Caraaroma and Briess Special Roast are two excellent malts, but not the same.

lol, knocking up a female
Shortly after arrival from the US to England years ago, at a Newcastle pub I chatted up a young female. At closing time she suggested, "Knock me up in the morning." To the English the meaning had nothing to do with procreation, but for a moment I thought, what a country.

Sorry if this has been asked but what's the latest on the FC disconnects v2?

The FC disconnects were starting to get prohibitively expensive as we wanted to improve the design but it involves us including several stainless steel parts meaning we would have to increase the price to close to $40 per unit. So we have decided to make some of the components out of plastic to save some cost and this tooling has not been finished yet. We are pushing this as fast as we can but this new injection mould tooling takes time to complete, test and then release.

The good thing is the new model will work even better and it should be under $15. The only issue is that we are still at least 2 months from getting the product released. So very sorry about the long wait.

Hi @KegLand-com-au, will the RAPT fridges be able to do all the logging and control in a local network only mode, i.e. without internet access? Obviously not remote control, but the other functions? Will logged data be user-accessible, i.e. pull it into my own spreadsheet?

Also will it fit two of the small all-rounders in it?

Thanks

The double all rounder combination is starting to become quite popular as I think we are seeing some people use two of them together by rack off the yeast cake, pitching a new brew onto the yeast cake and the putting dry hop in the second unit so you are keeping your dry hop and yeast separate. This enable you to rotate from one vessel to another quite nicely. If you use this method then you really want independent temp control on the two units though.

With that said if you wanted to just ferment two brews at the same RAPT fermentation fridge then you could fit two of the 30L All Rounders but it would be quite tight.

Any movement on the replacement TILT devices yet? Not in a rush, just curious.. also, will these likely integrate with Brewfather?

We hope to have made some final decisions on this product soon. This product is quite likely going to be integrated with Brewfather. We hope by the end of the year we will finish our own version of this product. The TILT currently is just too expensive and it's simply not that good unless you get the repeater as well.

Can you drill a hole in the original blank cap and put a silicone line in to it?
Or get a softdrink lid if you don't want to ruin the original.

Yeah I would agree with this. It's probably the easiest way to do it and it's almost free.

Hey @KegLand-com-au, any chance of knocking up a female soft drink thread to male 5/8" adapter part? All your current products and future products like the rapt fridge seem to be designed to utilise carb caps but everything in my brewery is k-Lok. I would love to be able to put k-Lok fittings on my Fermzillas and may consider the rapt fridge down the track too.

Thanks

That's a fair consideration. I will talk to the others about this.

I have a Series X Kegerator which is running great, however I have noticed the cold air from the font fan is not coming out of the pipe which runs up the font, I have air blowing directly out from the fan instead. Everything looks as it should be and the pipe is pushed into the slot. This is resulting in the font not getting any cold air/condensation.

@KegLand-com-au any suggestions?

Anyone else had this problem?

Cheers

The FC disconnects were starting to get prohibitively expensive as we wanted to improve the design but it involves us including several stainless steel parts meaning we would have to increase the price to close to $40 per unit. So we have decided to make some of the components out of plastic to save some cost and this tooling has not been finished yet. We are pushing this as fast as we can but this new injection mould tooling takes time to complete, test and then release.

The good thing is the new model will work even better and it should be under $15. The only issue is that we are still at least 2 months from getting the product released. So very sorry about the long wait.

All good, thanks for the update. While the v1's were hard to connect up, they did work a treat once they were on. I'll never use a FC tap again!

We hope to have made some final decisions on this product soon. This product is quite likely going to be integrated with Brewfather. We hope by the end of the year we will finish our own version of this product. The TILT currently is just too expensive and it's simply not that good unless you get the repeater as well.

Please make this appropriately pressure rated. My iSpindel leaked slightly at 30psi!

Please make this appropriately pressure rated. My iSpindel leaked slightly at 30psi!

Yes we have already finished the design of the housing and the new housing should be able to easily hold 30psi. We had the same issue with one Tilt that was returned leaking as well. I think the issue With the tilt is that the end caps are quite difficult to get a good grip on as they are quite small and hart to hold onto so it's hart to get the necessary torque on them to do up tight.

I was wondering, could you use one spunding valve for two fermenters? I guess you might have to use check valves to prevent cross contamination of yeast strains.

I was wondering, could you use one spunding valve for two fermenters? I guess you might have to use check valves to prevent cross contamination of yeast strains.
No reason it couldn't work, but remember there will be a pressure drop across the check valve so you would need to adjust the setting of the spunding valve to compensate.

Yeah ok. How much do check valves normally reduce pressure? Maybe I should just get another spunding valve...

Latest posts

Back