Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@KegLand-com-au the 360 was listed as on special for $79.95 on the old site, but unavailable. Now $89.95 and still unavailable.
Was it ever actually available for purchase at $79.95?

It looks like maybe they don't advertise specials on out-of-stock items anymore? It looked like the NukaTaps had jumped up in price when the new site first came online, for instance, but when they actually came in stock the same special as the previous site was restored.

@KegLand-com-au the 360 was listed as on special for $79.95 on the old site, but unavailable. Now $89.95 and still unavailable.
Was it ever actually available for purchase at $79.95?

I would not pay too much attention to the price at this stage. We are making some effort to streamline the manufacturing process so we can reduce the price. Some of the internal components ended up costing more than we anticipated but we are now looking to make some further changes that will reduce cost. Also if the Aud/USD exhange moves in the right direction the price will also go down due to this too.

any chance you're able to get racetrack lids in?

This is highly unlikely. We have no plans at this stage as the number of racetrack lids kegs are very few. If you cant fix it I would probably just get a new keg as the replacement lids a re a bit expensive.

It looks like maybe they don't advertise specials on out-of-stock items anymore? It looked like the NukaTaps had jumped up in price when the new site first came online, for instance, but when they actually came in stock the same special as the previous site was restored.

We do have a special on these at the moment here:
https://www.kegland.com.au/nukatap-ss-tap-only-stainless-steel.html
With that said we will probably end this special soon as we have a lot of customers overseas ordering these now and we might find ourselves being short of supply soon. With that said they are a better tap so they are worth the higher price tag anyway.

Font Seal / Gasket (Suits: Quadruple, Triple, Double, Single Brushed Fonts)

This is the the replacement gasket of a single, double or triple tap brushed font that goes under the font when mounting it to a Kegerator or bench top. The Quadruple tap fonts currently do not have this as standard. It is optional if you wish to use this on a Quadruple Tap System.
Please note this is required at the absolute start of assembly for the Quadruple tap fonts as you need to attach the font to the Series X Kegerator first then mount the shanks / taps.

Can you please clarify if this is needed or not? The description is contradictory.
When I look at the 4 tap series x - it is not included, but then in other bundles it is...
We will chalk this one up to Website issues.

But the copy writing is def something you need to look at.

Font Seal / Gasket (Suits: Quadruple, Triple, Double, Single Brushed Fonts)

This is the the replacement gasket of a single, double or triple tap brushed font that goes under the font when mounting it to a Kegerator or bench top. The Quadruple tap fonts currently do not have this as standard. It is optional if you wish to use this on a Quadruple Tap System.
Please note this is required at the absolute start of assembly for the Quadruple tap fonts as you need to attach the font to the Series X Kegerator first then mount the shanks / taps.

Can you please clarify if this is needed or not? The description is contradictory.
When I look at the 4 tap series x - it is not included, but then in other bundles it is...
We will chalk this one up to Website issues.

But the copy writing is def something you need to look at.

I think you have highlighted one of our major deficiencies. Copywriting has never been something that any of us here are good at.

I would not purchase this gasket as it really is not necessary. I think the only reason we sell it is probably because we get the odd person ask for it but it for some reason so we got it in as a spare part.

I just got a new 9.5 L mini keg from you guys, and it's great, but got a dent in it during shipping. I'm not too worried, as it's a minor cosmetic flaw and I'm sure it's more a fault of the shipping company than you guys. Just wanted to leave some feedback to suggest maybe bulking up the bubble wrap when shipping your kegs (or using foam inserts in the box).

When the nukatap FC comes out will it be available in black? Are they still on track for the 18th of June? It's pretty soon and still just a CAD image on the website. Are you going to sell replacement shuttles for the nukataps? If these start to wear like o-rings in a normal tap, I don't want to have to replace the whole unit.

Cheers,
Chris

I just got a new 9.5 L mini keg from you guys, and it's great, but got a dent in it during shipping. I'm not too worried, as it's a minor cosmetic flaw and I'm sure it's more a fault of the shipping company than you guys. Just wanted to leave some feedback to suggest maybe bulking up the bubble wrap when shipping your kegs (or using foam inserts in the box).

Thanks for letting us know. If you do want to return it though just let us know and we can get this swapped over for you. Generally it doesn't effect the performance of the keg at all but you are well within our returns policy to ask this of us.

I will speak to the others and see if I can get them to improve the packaging. The box is also a bit thin on this keg so I think thicker box might be the way to go.

When the nukatap FC comes out will it be available in black? Are they still on track for the 18th of June? It's pretty soon and still just a CAD image on the website. Are you going to sell replacement shuttles for the nukataps? If these start to wear like o-rings in a normal tap, I don't want to have to replace the whole unit.

Cheers,
Chris

In the future the shuttles will be sold as a spare part that is included with the seal kit. It will be many years if ever that you will have to replace the shuttle. The testing done on this has been extensive and even with really aggressive chemicals or aggressive use with long tap handles it's extremely difficult to wear the shuttle out or damage it. I think you will unlikely ever need to replace it. With that said some customers do like to just have spare parts available and for this reason they will be available on our website in a month or so from now.

The shuttle is the same shuttle for our FC and standard SS tap.

The FC taps should be available in soon but we do not have a specific shipping date yet but when we do we will update the website. It's hard to say exactly as we are still waiting for parts to arrive so this tap can be assembled.

Hi @KegLand-com-au, will the RAPT fridges be able to do all the logging and control in a local network only mode, i.e. without internet access? Obviously not remote control, but the other functions? Will logged data be user-accessible, i.e. pull it into my own spreadsheet?

Also will it fit two of the small all-rounders in it?

Thanks

Any movement on the replacement TILT devices yet? Not in a rush, just curious.. also, will these likely integrate with Brewfather?

I generally brew 4 - 5 Belgian beers a year but I am finding it incredibly difficult to find much Belgian malt. Any chance you would/could import some Belgian base and specialty malts?

hi guys, do you have a solution to attach a blow off tube to a fermzilla lid carb cap? I have been blowing off for the first ~48 hours prior to spunding (and like to do so), but I have been using a ball lock attached to 5mm ID line and an open picnic tap in a bucket of sanitiser. Would like a solution where I could use a bigger diameter silicone tubing but haven't figured out how to do so. I think something like a carb cap with no poppet and silicone directly over the top would work, but you can't take the poppet out of the caps....

hi guys, do you have a solution to attach a blow off tube to a fermzilla lid carb cap? I have been blowing off for the first ~48 hours prior to spunding (and like to do so), but I have been using a ball lock attached to 5mm ID line and an open picnic tap in a bucket of sanitiser. Would like a solution where I could use a bigger diameter silicone tubing but haven't figured out how to do so. I think something like a carb cap with no poppet and silicone directly over the top would work, but you can't take the poppet out of the caps....
Can you drill a hole in the original blank cap and put a silicone line in to it?
Or get a softdrink lid if you don't want to ruin the original.

Hey @KegLand-com-au, any chance of knocking up a female soft drink thread to male 5/8" adapter part? All your current products and future products like the rapt fridge seem to be designed to utilise carb caps but everything in my brewery is k-Lok. I would love to be able to put k-Lok fittings on my Fermzillas and may consider the rapt fridge down the track too.

Thanks

Back