Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please, please just get rid of the 12 item per page setting and default to all. It's not 1995, we aren't paying for internet by the kilobyte.
Asia and the US never really did, however please remember there's a shovel load of people here in Australia that are still on dial up speeds, the total tossers aka the Australian governments that came up with a reasonable Internet solution and then proceeded to completely and utterly fk it up with successive cuts and partisan bickering with absolutely NFI! what they were talking about have resulted in a mate who lives in Potts point, Sydney (every city has areas like this, think rich selfish idiots, it's what I call him anyway) yep young liberal squillionaire with the "NBN" so he comes to stay for a weekend and is blown away by how quick my internet is "out in the sticks" fwiw I'm on ADSL2 and at the end of the line, so not good ADSL. Just sayin fds, I click on a page and watch it jitter it's way down the page, and old mate on NBN is slower than me, thank god we're too remote for the NBN to ever get here. Just down the road (too far from the exchange) a neighbour is on satellite, he might not want all items shown. Just pointing out that some people ARE paying by the kb, sad and utterly stupid as that is.

Search is just totally broken for me, it glitches out at random intervals and if I do manage to finish what I'm typing before it glitches it shows the results for a split second and THEN glitches..

HjG7Z5afYa.gif

Search is just totally broken for me, it glitches out at random intervals and if I do manage to finish what I'm typing before it glitches it shows the results for a split second and THEN glitches..
Wow, that's broken. I don't get any autocomplete when searching....

1. We did not have plans to make this part but if we get enough call for anything we will make it for you guys. Most of the time the one with male thread then a socket is fine. Are any of you other guys in need of this part? Would be good to hear your thoughts guys.

2. With the seals the neoprene ones are really not good with oxygen barrier. We would really like to strongly discourage you guys from using neoprene or silicone lid o-rings. We do still offer silicone at the moment but we are more and more considering just stocking the EPDM due to the oxygen ingress issues with these other softer compounds. Silicone is quite soft making it easier to make the lid seal but for oxygen sensitive beverages the oxygen ingress is really way to high and for light beers like pilsners you will definitely notice a difference. Silicone had orders of magnitude worse barrier properties than EPDM. Foam filled neoprene is worse again.

If you have second hand kegs and the lids just do not seal with new EPDM seals my advice would be to get rid of the keg unfortunately. Perhaps for carbonated water or less oxygen sensitive beverages you can get away with it.

Im all for the 1.5" triclamp to 1/2"bsp female, i am in the process of changing all my camlock fittings to triclamp. after using triclamps on a modular still for a couple of years, I have become a huge fan, very rarely do i have an issue with triclamps connecting to one another, camlocks on the other hand if they are from different suppliers or manufacturer they can be a pain in the arse.

Search is better now, results are at least remotely related but some terms still cast too wide a net.

Overall the interface is pretty poor, the drop-down boxes are a mess of whitespace that doesn't scale well, especially for those of us who don't browse full-screen.

Please, please just get rid of the 12 item per page setting and default to all. It's not 1995, we aren't paying for internet by the kilobyte.

Thanks for the feedback. We will put them on our list of things to fix up. You will see these changes starting to take effect over the next few weeks.

^ +!. Tc's are fiddly, just a shame camlocks can't be manufactured to the same tolerances.

With the Camlock fittings we have a few different standards that are being used in the industry. This has caused issues in the past as if you purchase a Camlock from one supplier then get another part from another supply they may not fit if they are not made to the same standard. So I don't think it's about tolerances so much but rather the standard that they are made to.

Sorry, but yeah, the search is still bad. If you search for "keg", you have to click through pages before you get to an actual keg. String matching on shortest, best-fitting titles first should fix that.

The search function is still learning at the moment. I am told that this search function will get smarter as more customers use it. So for instance if someone searches Keg then ends up clicking on 19L Ball Lock keg then every time someone uses this pathway it will preferentially present those results first. So I think with a few more weeks the search hopefully will improve of this algorithm is working correctly.

@KegLand-com-au website was down last night for upgrades and tonight it's serving 508 resource limit errors

time to invest in decent hosting and webdevs?

Seems to be up and running now.. They are definitely having some teething issues with the new site.

@KegLand-com-au website was down last night for upgrades and tonight it's serving 508 resource limit errors

time to invest in decent hosting and webdevs?

Not sure if all the arm chair criticism is really helpful here... I am sure KegLand aren't ecstatic that their site is having issues.. probably more than us

Not here to offer advice on how they run their business, but that search field needs to die. Everything about it is bad:
- when I click in it, it doesn't clear out the hint text
- it doesn't find simple stuff I search for
- it pops up and gets in the way of the page when I didn't ask it to, I thinl on every new page I browse to

And why would the search engine need to learn anything?? It's only job is to just give me the most relevant results based on an index. A job that requires zero learning.

- when I click in it, it doesn't clear out the hint text
- it pops up and gets in the way of the page when I didn't ask it to, I thinl on every new page I browse to

These bugs appear to be caused by the LastPass extension.

Final update: I have been able to work around this issue by adding Kegland.com.au as a "Never AutoLogin" URL per this page: Manage Never URLs
Make sure to add it as "kegland.com.au" rather than "www.kegland.com.au/" - the first will apply to the whole domain, the second to only the homepage.

Hooray, the Kegland website is usable again!

I think these are Chrome bugs - they happen to me every time on my primary install of Chrome (81.0.4044.138) but I can't reproduce the behaviour on Chrome Canary (85.0.4156.0), Firefox , pre-Chromium Edge (44.18362.449.0), or IE 11.

Which is all good and well, but apparently means the web devs they've employed (MITASH) don't test their sites on the current stable version of the world's most popular browser, which is pretty wild.

EDIT: Actually, I can't reproduce the behaviour on a clean profile of Chrome, either. Looks like I need to figure out which one of my extensions is interfering...

Last edited:

Final update: I have been able to work around this issue by adding Kegland.com.au as a "Never AutoLogin" URL per this page: Manage Never URLs
Make sure to add it as "kegland.com.au" rather than "www.kegland.com.au/" - the first will apply to the whole domain, the second to only the homepage.

Hooray, the Kegland website is usable again!

I think these are Chrome bugs - they happen to me every time on my primary install of Chrome (81.0.4044.138) but I can't reproduce the behaviour on Chrome Canary (85.0.4156.0), Firefox , pre-Chromium Edge (44.18362.449.0), or IE 11.

Which is all good and well, but apparently means the web devs they've employed (MITASH) don't test their sites on the current stable version of the world's most popular browser, which is pretty wild.

EDIT: Actually, I can't reproduce the behaviour on a clean profile of Chrome, either. Looks like I need to figure out which one of my extensions is interfering...

This may be an issue on your specific device, i have the latest version of chrome, lastpass extension (and a few others like ublock origin) and the website works as it should, search works (as best as it can) and the box disappears when i click out of it.

My only issue with the site is that some product descriptions need a bit of proof reading and loading a specific item category, that item needs to be front and centre, eg, is the Fermzilla, the actual fermenter product listing is on page 2 but it needs to be in the first couple of listings.

And why would the search engine need to learn anything?? It's only job is to just give me the most relevant results based on an index. A job that requires zero learning.
The difference between Google and Duckduckgo (google remembers your searches and prioritises, ddg doesn't) - try switching between them yourself for a few and see which gives you better results.
I'd like to use ddg, but the results are hot garbage...

Good catch! Looks like it was LastPass for me, too. This is good info KL can feed back to Mitash. The site became a million times more usable once I disabled it.

I found another fix for it in LastPass. Edit the site details for kegland.com.au, click on Edit Form Fields (the spanner icon at the bottom). You'll see form fields for username, password, but also for 'q' (the search query parameter). Delete that one:

1590541103684.png

That way you should be able to keep your auto login, etc.

Not sure if all the arm chair criticism is really helpful here... I am sure KegLand aren't ecstatic that their site is having issues.. probably more than us

Yes we have been doing quite a lot of updates and integration work over the past few weeks and some of the changes and upgrades have caused the site to be down for longer than we expected.

It's not a server issue as we have quite a fast server. It's really caused by the fact that we have a lot of processes running, database getting updates and various other integration that is being worked on while the site is live. We are getting close to finishing all these updates and we are trying to do this with the minimum distribution.

The timing also has not been great as we have record number of customers on the site at the same time so this exacerbates the issue a little too. The Covid 19 additional rush of customers was already putting us in a position where we were quickly selling out of a lot of product faster than we can get it but coupled with also doing a website upgrade has been tricky.

We also have had an increasing urgency to change over the website as Magento 1 (the older CMS) that we used was no longer getting security updates and patches so we had accelerated timeline to switch the website over. Had of we had more time two play around with the new CMS before we went live it probably would have been a smoother process but we had a tight timeline and considerable pressure that Mitash was under.

Anyway, the long and short of it is that the bulk of these upgrades have been done and now it's just a little more tweaking over the next couple of weeks. Sorry about the inconvenience guys.

This 360 core actuator regulator is a completely new product. We apologise for the delays and with the new products especially where new tooling is getting finished these are the most difficult dates to estimate on the website.

Once we have been manufacturing a product for a year or so we get much more efficient at making the products. Once we have been manufacturing the products for 2 or 3 years we then get really good sales data on what inventory levels we need to hold in stock. With that said KegLand is not even 2.5years old yet so many of our products are very new. We do apologise for the wait. This is a really great product though and I am sure you will find it worth the wait.

@KegLand-com-au the 360 was listed as on special for $79.95 on the old site, but unavailable. Now $89.95 and still unavailable.
Was it ever actually available for purchase at $79.95?

Back