Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So KL is using an Aussie web developer that sends e-mails from France??? The thlot pickens.

Looking a bit more into the devs they used, they definitely dont look Aussie, a facade maybe... Its looks like a get what you pay for situation here which was the same as their last site. - Mitash Digital India

From their FB page

"Hiring For Developers MITASH Invites Application For The Post Of Developer With 6 Months To 1 Year Of Experience.
Dedicated Applicant With Experience In PHP, Wordpress And Magento Contact 9667242288 And Mail Resume At [email protected]"

6 months of experience necessary! wow good to see they're going for the cream, and Kee thinks he's got an Aussie company on the job?
Maybe paying in peanuts was a give away.

grmblz i think you need a hobby or something

**** sake dude give it a rest, first the boiler now this?

(the boiler btw, which they fixed to placate you - and you don't even thank them or anything, just move straight onto the next overblown whinge)

I was so keen on the mill, but after seeing and reading things on Facebook, there is no chance I would get one now.
I'm thankful they were out of stock for so long.

The new kegerator builder on the site is pretty good though.

For sure. One question/whinge, whatever, makes sense. The piling on while waiting for kl to respond is annoying.
Oh dear, did I annoy you? GOOD! because you want to shoot the messenger (alternatively press the ignore button and never hear from me again) if you are not helping/assisting KL then my apologies for the "employed by" statement.
KL's last response here was over a week ago #4050, how long exactly do you propose we wait? Not that long ago we had meaningful dialogue here, almost daily input from Kee, where were you then?
Your comment about the good old days of 2018 is intriguing given you joined in 2019.
As for you Thirsty, check the back story mate before calling "rant"
Way too many ghost accounts and hidden agendas here.

Looks like these would be able to fit into your mini kegs too, any chance of a smaller designed float for use in those?

Yes this filter would work in the mini keg. It's hard to make a float for the mini keg though as the diameter of the keg is difficult as it's hard to bend the silicone in this way with a small float. Also the neck of the mini keg is quite small meaning the float would have to be narrow and long. The change of success would probably not be good.

Is it possible for you guys to develop a solution to dry hop in an all-rounder (or similar vessel) without having to open the main lid? You could modify the top end of your Carbonation Cap Tee Piece to have a small screw in funnel opening to allow dry hopping with minimal o2 ingress.

Yes this is something that has been in discussion. I think we will have a solution to this eventually but we have a few more pressing products that we would like to get finished first. It's certainly on the list though.

Not a huge fan of the new website
  1. Search is difficult to use and brings up items that are not relevant
  2. You have the same items across multiple categories
  3. Cart shows as empty until additional item is added
  4. Agree with others comments around challenges of being able to order everything at once rather then having to split it up. Maybe as others have suggested allow out of stock items to be ordered and then have everything ship at once?
  5. Cleaning and packaging list cut off in Microsoft edge (pic attached)
  6. On tablet it takes you directly to the category you select to see the drop down list
  7. Shopping cart won't let you remove items easily when you are on a tablet
  8. Really easy to accidently add items multiple times when using a tablet as the quick view popup covers the add to chart option

We did go live with the new website in a bit of a hurry to be honest.

Can you please check the search function now. This was updated yesterday.

Out of stock items being able to be ordered is something we are very reluctant to do. Its our company policy that we do not take payment for a product if our systems shows the product is out of stock. Also having order that are partially picked or partially paid is also complicated and doesn't suit our model. I think the main solution here is that we stock more product so I think this problem will be substantially solved when we move into our new warehouse at 410 Princes highway. This site is is about 4400 square meters and quite a bit larger than our current warehouse. This will enable us to hold more stock and reduce the out of stock events.

Thanks for the heads up on the cleaning and packaging. We will do some testing on this.

I think the tablet issues with the drop down has been solved. Are you still having this issue? Also I think the items can be removed from the shopping card easily now.

Please let us know if you would like any other changes as we are still making a lot of updates to the website.

Hi Kegland Guys,
Two Questions. 1. Are there plans to add a 1.5"TC with 1/2"BSP Female to your range? 2. what are the chances of getting the older Style Neoprene Keg lid seals? Being much more pliable they seal much better on the older "less perfect" kegs, than the silicone and EDPM.

Cheers

1. We did not have plans to make this part but if we get enough call for anything we will make it for you guys. Most of the time the one with male thread then a socket is fine. Are any of you other guys in need of this part? Would be good to hear your thoughts guys.

2. With the seals the neoprene ones are really not good with oxygen barrier. We would really like to strongly discourage you guys from using neoprene or silicone lid o-rings. We do still offer silicone at the moment but we are more and more considering just stocking the EPDM due to the oxygen ingress issues with these other softer compounds. Silicone is quite soft making it easier to make the lid seal but for oxygen sensitive beverages the oxygen ingress is really way to high and for light beers like pilsners you will definitely notice a difference. Silicone had orders of magnitude worse barrier properties than EPDM. Foam filled neoprene is worse again.

If you have second hand kegs and the lids just do not seal with new EPDM seals my advice would be to get rid of the keg unfortunately. Perhaps for carbonated water or less oxygen sensitive beverages you can get away with it.

Back