Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can use one of these FermZilla Conical jackets:
https://www.kegland.com.au/jacket-for-27l-fermzilla.html
The only issue is they are slightly bigger so you end up with some dead space in the jacket but they work OK.

I know it's a bit jump up in cost but you really cant just putting the whole thing into a fridge. We will have these in a few months but you could make your own with a second hand fridge and a temp controller:
https://www.kegland.com.au/rapt-temperature-controlled-fermentation-chamber-fridge.html
Yep my default FC is a fridge, but my glycol rig allows me to run multiple independent fermentations in a smaller space than having three or four fridges.

Search is proper fvcked
ROFL, I can't remember who posted "out source to India and you get what you pay for" but it would appear they've gone from one Indian dev to another, and are paying even less.
Seriously if you are an online entity with no "store with a door" surely your main focus would be your web site? Dunno maybe I'm missing something?

ROFL, I can't remember who posted "out source to India and you get what you pay for" but it would appear they've gone from one Indian dev to another, and are paying even less.
Seriously if you are an online entity with no "store with a door" surely your main focus would be your web site? Dunno maybe I'm missing something?

The bulk "order test" email should have been a massive red flag.

The one which is starting to bust my chops is trying to wait for everything I want to order to be in stock at the same time. The freight options are pretty expensive so trying to cut down on that is important, but geezlus waiting for three things to be available at once makes herding dyslexic cats through a pack of rabid dogs look like child's play. If only we could reserve an item until it comes into stock.

The one which is starting to bust my chops is trying to wait for everything I want to order to be in stock at the same time. The freight options are pretty expensive so trying to cut down on that is important, but geezlus waiting for three things to be available at once makes herding dyslexic cats through a pack of rabid dogs look like child's play. If only we could reserve an item until it comes into stock.

Yeah I've given up on going this... I order what I can when I can get it and then just order the additional bits when they come back in stock.

Yeah I've given up on going this... I order what I can when I can get it and then just order the additional bits when they come back in stock.
Yeh but as outback mentions it gets expensive, and their freight options are a bit weird on some items.
Is it really that hard to implement an ordering process whereby stuff is put aside for you as it comes in, and then sent out once the order is complete?
I understand they may be busy and understaffed, and doing the whole pre-order thing might be beyond them but it really looks as if they're taking one step forward then two steps back with their web development.

Yeh but as outback mentions it gets expensive, and their freight options are a bit weird on some items.
Is it really that hard to implement an ordering process whereby stuff is put aside for you as it comes in, and then sent out once the order is complete?
I understand they may be busy and understaffed, and doing the whole pre-order thing might be beyond them but it really looks as if they're taking one step forward then two steps back with their web development.

As I said, I've merely given up on it.

I agree that pre-ordering would be a great feature to have.

I have a suggestion for Kegland on this. My favourite brewery, Wildflower has introduced some flexible shipping options to help get them through Covid. Basically you can order bits and pieces as your go and use a coupon code BUNDLE, which makes the shipping free. They'll hold all the stuff until you have over the shipping threshold ($100 in their case) and then they'll ship it all at once. In Kegland's case there's no free shipping, but maybe a process like this would still work.

The one which is starting to bust my chops is trying to wait for everything I want to order to be in stock at the same time.
Same mate, I'm in Tas and it's really frustrating when you can't get that one push-in fitting or one particular hop to complete that order for the next brew. Actually, I don't even bother with ingredients anymore, just some equipment (as it's hard to get in Tas).. I get ingredients from my LHBS if they have them (limited) or from Beerco or similar..

At a guess , given they are on line only and in a covid booming area (home brew) they are busier than ever - maybe the Log on problem means less discounts (not that I ever get a code, but maybe others do). ;D

Should get my altrounder tomorrow.,, ;)

At a guess , given they are on line only and in a covid booming area (home brew) they are busier than ever - maybe the Log on problem means less discounts (not that I ever get a code, but maybe others do). ;D

Should get my altrounder tomorrow.,, ;)
I doubt KL have ever offered a discount code - they do plenty of loss-leading though.

Anyway, to continue the recent topic I too have asked before for a pre-ordering system, noting the repeated occasions where the email notification didn't arrive or was a day late and the fact that freight is very expensive for small shipments.

It is a royal pain in the ass to place so many orders waiting for stock to arrive, so I'm often paying a few extra dollars to source from ebay or my LHBS for individual items.

Latest posts

Back