Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You could always look into an Immersion circulator... You can pick them up for less than $150. All you need then is a normal 20L pot. It will keep that amount of sparge water at temps around 80c easy.

Kogan have this one, 1300watts. $99.
https://www.kogan.com/au/buy/kogan-smarterhome-sous-vide-precision-cooker/
they can take a while to bring cold water up to these temps so I start with hot tap and some boiling water from a jug and that cuts the time down.

Plus then, you have the added benefit of being able to cook sous vide which if you haven't will rock your world.

Thanks i did see that when looking but i have just found that my local HB shop sells a 20L Grainfather vessel for $150. Hopefully i will be buying one next week.

Hey Kegland, what's the thread on the bucket blaster pump outlet?

I want to use the pump to recirculate ice water through my CFC for the last stage of chilling into the fermenter.

Also, any issues restricting the flow on this?

Cheers

Matt

Hello Matt. It's fine to restrict the flow on this pump. The main thing you have to be sure of is that the pump remains submersed. If you use this pump dry for any length of time it can damage the pump. Other than that it will be fine.

the outlet of this pump is 1/2 so we have a lot of the fittings on our site will just screw straight on.

@KegLand-com-au why I am getting fake Kegland order confirmation emails containing my personal information, from "Sales <[email protected]> via sendinblue.com".

By fake I mean they contain previous order information mixed with other people's names and payment details that seem to be testing magecart.

If you're handing off live customer data to a 3rd party to do web development that's hardly being respectful of the personal information we've provided to you solely for the purpose of receiving goods that we paid for.

Hardly a way to show any credibility or responsibility. Any 3rd party web development shop with any degree of trustworthiness would use simulated data instead of customer information.

Sorry about that. Mitash.com is the web design company that have been looking after our website upgrade. We are literally just about to upgrade to the new website and in testing they accidentally send this email to about 1000 customers. Sorry about this. It's quite embarrassing that this happened. Please just disregard this email.

The good news is that we have a more feature rich website that will be finished very soon.

You could always look into an Immersion circulator... You can pick them up for less than $150. All you need then is a normal 20L pot. It will keep that amount of sparge water at temps around 80c easy.

Kogan have this one, 1300watts. $99.
https://www.kogan.com/au/buy/kogan-smarterhome-sous-vide-precision-cooker/
they can take a while to bring cold water up to these temps so I start with hot tap and some boiling water from a jug and that cuts the time down.

Plus then, you have the added benefit of being able to cook sous vide which if you haven't will rock your world.

We have not had much demand for such a small boiler of that size. One trick that I sometimes us is to overheat and overfill my strike water in the BrewZilla then transfer 20L of this water into a the cube that I am going to use to hot cube my wort then top up with cold water before I mash in.

By the time i have finished mash I then use the hot cube as sparge water and it's generally cooled down by about 10 degrees by that time depending on the ambient temperature. So this might be a good solution for you.

@KegLand-com-au bump re: the racking arm

We did not have a racking arm planned but we certainly would be able to make one. I personally have never really had much attraction to racking arms in small vessels but with that said I am sure other people would like them. I will talk to the other guys about this and see what we come up with.

@KegLand-com-au

Do you still recommend a pour rate of 300ml per 10 seconds?

I'm using Intertaps, approx 1.2 metres of 4mm ID line @ 12psi. My pour is too fast - any ideas other than swapping the entire lines out for longer?

300ml per 10 sec is a fairly good flow rate. Yes I would increase your line length slightly. I must say we are not phasing out the Intertap taps as the Nukatap taps are a better design and you can pour slightly faster with the Nukatap Taps as the laminar flow is a little better. For those customers that want to pour slower than 260ml/10sec we will also have an 8mm ID spout available too. This will not be released for a few more months though.

Hey @KegLand-com-au, is the mid-June release of the FC Nukatap a real number, or just a placeholder? I'm not sure but I feel like this date has pushed out a few times now.

Cheers,

Also, do you have the 5/8" all-thread shanks available in any lengths greater than 100mm? I'd be keen on half a dozen at 150-200mm.

Thanks,

Can we get the topic back onto the 6 keg kegerator please...?

You don't need to convince us any more on this product. The development process on this kegerator has now begun. It will probably be called the "Kegerator X Plus". So once we have the designs close to complete we will upload to the website so you can see what the product will look like. As we have just finished the Kegerator X and we also have some shared tooling I think the new "Kegerator X Plus" will not take that long for us to complete so it's quite possible that this is going to be available at the end of this year. This product has been marked as a fairly high priority so it will hopefully be finished at the end of the year.

Hey @KegLand-com-au, is the mid-June release of the FC Nukatap a real number, or just a placeholder? I'm not sure but I feel like this date has pushed out a few times now.

Cheers,

Yes this Nukatap FC is a real product and we are releasing soon. We had to completely change the design a few times so we could improve the flow control mechanism. It's a unique design whereby the sleeve is the part that moves back and forth rather than all the other competitors on the market that move the male part of the cone. This particular design aspect has enabled us to improve the laminar flow notably.

We are confident that customers that have used the Intertap FC, or Perlick FC taps will appreciate how much better this tap works.

It should be noted that I still prefer the standard Nukatap SS myself but if customers really want an FC tap this is the one to go for.

Also, do you have the 5/8" all-thread shanks available in any lengths greater than 100mm? I'd be keen on half a dozen at 150-200mm.

Thanks,

This has been discussed. I assume you are going through cool room wall right? This is normally the only time we get people ask for such long shanks.

I should make it known that if you have a very thick cool room panel you can sometimes end up with some poor results by just putting a long shank through a thick wall like this. You might find that as the internal cool room panel is quite warm that the beer in the shank will be quite warm and give you less than desirable results.

If you are prepared to make a bit more effort you can cut a larger 100mm diameter hole in the wall then using a thin sheet of stainless on the front that the tap goes through. This will assist with keeping the whole tap&shank cold and reduce "first pour foam". This is my only real fear of long 5/8 shanks.

And last one, for now - the push-in fitting compatible elbow tails that integrated into the back of your short font font shanks (Intertap duotight SS Short Shank - duokit), do you have them available as separate tails to use with a 5/8" nut? These ones going by the photos look to still be barbed rather than push-in compatible: Angle Barbtail (to be used with 5/8 hex nut), works with Keg couplers, tap shanks, beer plumbing, home brew hardware, kegland, melbourne, Australia

Thank you

Yes that is a fair point. We have a 5/8 fitting to duotight then we also have a second male to female duotight that will fit into this. So i think this might solve your problem. This male to female part will be available soon.

It’s one heck of a brite tank and way cheaper than (kind of) equivalent SS brewtech. I’m trying to go smaller otherwise...
Christ on a bike!

Pretty certain these kegmenters are 99.9% aimed at people fermenting and the boiler bit is tacked on as a bit of a value add sales pitch.

This has been discussed. I assume you are going through cool room wall right? This is normally the only time we get people ask for such long shanks.

I should make it known that if you have a very thick cool room panel you can sometimes end up with some poor results by just putting a long shank through a thick wall like this. You might find that as the internal cool room panel is quite warm that the beer in the shank will be quite warm and give you less than desirable results.

If you are prepared to make a bit more effort you can cut a larger 100mm diameter hole in the wall then using a thin sheet of stainless on the front that the tap goes through. This will assist with keeping the whole tap&shank cold and reduce "first pour foam". This is my only real fear of long 5/8 shanks.
Nah I'm actually just looking to offset two rows of taps on a mounting panel, having longer shanks on the top row taps fixed at the back of the shank rather than the front so they protrude past the lower row. I think I can make it work with the 100mm ones well enough but thought I'd ask just in case they were available to get more of a difference between the two rows.

This leads into the push-in tail question, your suggested solution is probably what I'll go with but I was hoping to have a metal fitting at the back of the shank to tighten against the board (lock nut on the front) rather than a plastic duotight fitting.

Re the nukatap FC I didn't mean to suggest it wasn't a real part, just whether it was a real ETA or just a placeholder date.

Thanks for the responses

Does anyone that bought a digiboil get a lid that doesn't fit the digi boil exactly? It's not the end of the world but wondering if mine was a mistake or intended

Last edited:
You don't need to convince us any more on this product. The development process on this kegerator has now begun. It will probably be called the "Kegerator X Plus". So once we have the designs close to complete we will upload to the website so you can see what the product will look like. As we have just finished the Kegerator X and we also have some shared tooling I think the new "Kegerator X Plus" will not take that long for us to complete so it's quite possible that this is going to be available at the end of this year. This product has been marked as a fairly high priority so it will hopefully be finished at the end of the year.
Love your work! Excited to see what it will look like.

We did not have a racking arm planned but we certainly would be able to make one. I personally have never really had much attraction to racking arms in small vessels but with that said I am sure other people would like them. I will talk to the other guys about this and see what we come up with.

Given that it's a 2" TC port, a racking arm would allow you to angle it to the bottom of the tank to draw off yeast / dump trub. Despite it not really being a conical fermenter, this still works very well in vessels like this. The floating ball pickup is good, but would be much easier to transfer 100L of beer into 2 x 50L kegs through a 2" TC port, and the racking arm would help draw from above the yeast cake and get every last drop out.

Also, any ETA on when you expect to be stocking them this year?

Any plans on making a 1.5" TC carbonation stone? I want to replace the ones on my SS Unitanks as they arnt great. Ideally something with a 4" stone and a thread on the end to fit a ball lock post.

Latest posts

Back