Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wondering when whirlfloc/yeast nutrient will be available in 100g/1kg sizes? I see yeast nutrient is available in the 15kg pails only at the minute.

Also wondering if there's any plans to sell an antifoam/fermcap?

Thanks
Ciaran

sorry we have been so busy we did not have time to get this up but we have but this back up on the website now:
https://www.kegland.com.au/whirlfloc-tablets-10-tablets.html
The yeast nutrient will be available very soon just waiting for a delivery.

We have not had enough call for fermcap at the moment. We do get the occasional question but it's not used much by home brewers as far as I am aware. Happy to be corrected on this one.

Yes, thinking the same thing!

Although, the floating dip tubes are pretty awesome.

This had me investigating 100L brew systems yesterday.

If you want to make a 100L brew system you might be interested in these. We are just getting these made at the moment:
https://www.kegland.com.au/118l-31g...risable-fermenter-or-distillation-boiler.html
I should also say these fit perfectly into the new RAPT fridge:
https://www.kegland.com.au/rapt-temperature-controlled-fermentation-chamber-fridge.html
So if you get the two items you will have a 118L fermenter fully temperature controlled without the need for glycol and with reporting/logging to the internet and all this for under $1k. I think this could be a solution for some small micro-breweries or brew pub.

I use fermcap, You use so little though that im 2 years into my first bottle, use it every brew and only used half of it

STOP! spruiking it as a boiler, with only one outlet for a tap OR element it's useless, stick two outlets on it or sell it only as a fermenter.

Can't use gas? Is there a rubber base or something?
What about elements over the edge?
Or use a siphon to get wort out?

Can't use gas? Is there a rubber base or something? See below.
What about elements over the edge? And how do you seal the still head to the boiler, and it's got a 4" hole so what over the edge element did you have in mind?
Or use a siphon to get wort out? I'm commenting about use as a still boiler, there's no wort involved.
As a wort boiler it would work but then why have it able to hold pressure, as a pressure fermenting vessel it works, but as a still boiler which is what it is being spruiked as it's entirely impractical, unless you use propane for a heat source in which case how thick is the bottom? I'll guarantee you not thick enough and who the hell in this day and age of ULWD elements uses propane?

What, use a shitload of co2 just to empty wash from a boiler???
No need to waste co2 to move wash -- air will do the job just fine.

I'm just trying to guess at the KL thought processes here -- only they can explain why it is the way it is.

No need to waste co2 to move wash -- air will do the job just fine.

I'm just trying to guess at the KL thought processes here -- only they can explain why it is the way it is.
Yep air will do the job, so now we have a compressor and fittings and hoses instead of a tap.
They haven't thought it through for use as a still boiler, it will cost bugger all to add another 1.5" tc, in fact they need to add another 2 because 3600W is going to take forever to boil 120ltr, my suggestion would be 3 tc's, one for a butterfly valve and two for 2400W elements, with a couple of blanking caps for use as a fermenter, reasonable heat up time, and no need for a dedicated 15amp circuit (provided you have 2 separate 10amp circuits) or two 3600W for those with the electricity and little patience. It could be called the V 3.1 ;)

Hey Kegland, what's the thread on the bucket blaster pump outlet?

I want to use the pump to recirculate ice water through my CFC for the last stage of chilling into the fermenter.

Also, any issues restricting the flow on this?

Cheers

Matt

It does say 'boiler for distillation' in the link and on the website.
I know, hence my remarks about it, are you defending their assertion, agreeing with me that it's misleading or just stating a fact?
If Toyota puts on their website that a Camry can also be used as a small tractor, and not knowing any better you buy one to use around the farm, how satisfied with your purchase are you likely to be?
KL are seeing this and not commenting, so maybe they are having a rethink about it's suitability as a still boiler, I hope so.
Sticking a 4" tc on top makes it appealing for a still boiler but less so for a fermenter (look at the height of it) how about an 8" tc on top with a 8" to 4" reducer available as an option, and 3 x 1.5" tc's on the bottom, covers all bases except yeast harvesting (which could be done with a rotating racking arm) dunno maybe I'm right off track here but it just seems to me in its current form to be falling between two stools.

I know, hence my remarks about it, are you defending their assertion, agreeing with me that it's misleading or just stating a fact?
If Toyota puts on their website that a Camry can also be used as a small tractor, and not knowing any better you buy one to use around the farm, how satisfied with your purchase are you likely to be?
KL are seeing this and not commenting, so maybe they are having a rethink about it's suitability as a still boiler, I hope so.
Sticking a 4" tc on top makes it appealing for a still boiler but less so for a fermenter (look at the height of it) how about an 8" tc on top with a 8" to 4" reducer available as an option, and 3 x 1.5" tc's on the bottom, covers all bases except yeast harvesting (which could be done with a rotating racking arm) dunno maybe I'm right off track here but it just seems to me in its current form to be falling between two stools.

I'm saying that it probably is useful as a boiler if you are distilling. Agree it's not a great boiler for a brewer - but KL aren't claiming that.

I use a 29L kegmenter as a fermenter. If someone wanted to do big batches, this would seem a good option assuming you didn't want to dump trub or harvest yeast (which many don't).

I'm saying that it probably is useful as a boiler if you are distilling. HOW EXACTLY! You obviously don't distil so don't comment about stuff you have no idea about!
Agree it's not a great boiler for a brewer - but KL aren't claiming that. So WHAT! is it that they are they are claiming exactly?

I use a 29L kegmenter as a fermenter. If someone wanted to do big batches, this would seem a good option assuming you didn't want to dump trub or harvest yeast (which many don't).
READ my posts, then read them again, you are missing the point completely. Stay safe (and do your research) Cheers G

Hey Kegland, what's the thread on the bucket blaster pump outlet?

I want to use the pump to recirculate ice water through my CFC for the last stage of chilling into the fermenter.

Also, any issues restricting the flow on this?

Cheers

Matt
The pump outlet is 1/2" and appears to be BSP but I haven't tried any fittings other the one that came with it.

I haven't seen or heard anything to state throttling these particular pumps is or isn't a good idea - I've not worked with submersibles much. Typically I wouldn't throttle on the outlet if using hot liquid to avoid overheating the pump - of course ice water wouldn't have the same concern.

@KegLand-com-au why I am getting fake Kegland order confirmation emails containing my personal information, from "Sales <[email protected]> via sendinblue.com".

By fake I mean they contain previous order information mixed with other people's names and payment details that seem to be testing magecart.

If you're handing off live customer data to a 3rd party to do web development that's hardly being respectful of the personal information we've provided to you solely for the purpose of receiving goods that we paid for.

Hardly a way to show any credibility or responsibility. Any 3rd party web development shop with any degree of trustworthiness would use simulated data instead of customer information.

Latest posts

Back