Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love how much momentum this is gained already. What are you thinking @KegLand-com-au enough interest to justify production?

If there is, dibs on one from the first run. Was my idea after all..... Haha

At this stage its enough for us to start working on a feasibility study. I really like the idea so that also works in your favour.

With regards to multiple doors this decreases the efficiency as a reasonable amount of heat ingress is around the door seal. Two doors increases the cost and for 6 kegs you only need to make the unit about 850mm wide. So with this width a single door would be more than enough. Putting a door on the back side may also work out to be a negative. For instance when you ram a keg in from the front this might then push against the rear door and make the door open at the back. I think we would be reluctant to do double door entry. It also would be difficult to manufacture using the vacuum form technique for the internal fridge surface. If we could not use conventional manufacturing techniques it would increase the cost of production too.

At this stage its enough for us to start working on a feasibility study. I really like the idea so that also works in your favour.

With regards to multiple doors this decreases the efficiency as a reasonable amount of heat ingress is around the door seal. Two doors increases the cost and for 6 kegs you only need to make the unit about 850mm wide. So with this width a single door would be more than enough. Putting a door on the back side may also work out to be a negative. For instance when you ram a keg in from the front this might then push against the rear door and make the door open at the back. I think we would be reluctant to do double door entry. It also would be difficult to manufacture using the vacuum form technique for the internal fridge surface. If we could not use conventional manufacturing techniques it would increase the cost of production too.
Agree on all the engineering points. I had assumed the unit would need to be closer to 1m wide to fit all of the kegs, if only 850mm then a single door would be fine.

Amazing. I'll wait here patiently for the release date....

I would think a double door would almost be pointless in such a small fridge. You would probably opening up both all the time any way to make it easier to get in there. And then you would need one of those stupid folding seals that always break in double door kitchen fridges.

We will have to work this out. Do you think you guys would be happy with just the 4 tap quad font on a 6 keg kegerator. If you go to two triple taps the price will also jump up a bit too and the font fan cooling is slightly more complicated.
I'd prefer two triple fonts with the spacing between them being suitable for the modular font so I could optionally use the modular font in a hockey goal configuration.

It'd be nice if you could consider some additional features as well, I'd love;
  • A purpose built gas board, or the option to mount a gas board with secondary regulators that doesn't involve penetrating the internal liner (and perhaps damaging something)
  • Multiple gas bottle external mounting, for 6kg bottles (or 1 6kg and 1 2.6kg). It'd be great to have a CO2 bottle and N2 etc mounted
  • Energy efficiency, highly insulated and default non-glass door

It'd be nice if you could consider some additional features as well, I'd love;
  • A purpose built gas board, or the option to mount a gas board with secondary regulators that doesn't involve penetrating the internal liner (and perhaps damaging something)
  • Multiple gas bottle external mounting, for 6kg bottles (or 1 6kg and 1 2.6kg). It'd be great to have a CO2 bottle and N2 etc mounted
  • Energy efficiency, highly insulated and default non-glass door

I really liked the idea of the gas line-in with the PET carb lid, however this only allows one line-in.

Many users will want more than one line-in and won't want to drill a hole in the unit to do this.

E.g. Sparkling water line-in for the carbonation reactor, multiple externally mounted secondary regs, nitro etc. It sounds like CJW is talking about mounting this in the fridge, but why not outside with a better bulkhead configuration?

What about a fermzilla lid on the back of the unit? You could make an insulated replaceable insert that goes inside the fermzilla lid (already in your arsenal) to mitigate heat loss. This would provide, as a starting point, 2x line-ins with the carb cap method, and no-one would have qualms about drilling additional holes in this replaceable lid to install duotight bulkheads for additional line-ins.

I am in the process of building a large fermenting cabinet that can carry 8 plastic fermenters. My problem is buying a refrigeration unit that can keep the unit at a constant temperature for fermenting.
Is this something you guys can get your hands on? It would be like stand alone refrigeration unit that you could install into any box or unit for cooling.

I do really like the idea of KegLand making a larger multi-keg fridge. Personally I really liked the look of the RAPT fermentation fridge/chamber as a multi-keg unit. The flexibility to hold multiple kegs of different sizes and in different configurations is really nice. Four full size and I think either 2 or 4 additional half size kegs? It seems like that’s a unit that’s already designed and almost in production so adapting that for a multi-keg Kegerator would be really easy. The downside is how tall it is. But I would love to see a Multi-tap font (6 or 8?) mounted to the door of one of those!
9089727B-85B6-4D28-BEE5-2CCC50648BF9.jpeg

I am in the process of building a large fermenting cabinet that can carry 8 plastic fermenters. My problem is buying a refrigeration unit that can keep the unit at a constant temperature for fermenting.
Is this something you guys can get your hands on? It would be like stand alone refrigeration unit that you could install into any box or unit for cooling.
For heating and cooling https://www.bunnings.com.au/euromatic-2-6kw-window-wall-reverse-cycle-air-conditioner_p0027136 or just cooling https://www.bunnings.com.au/euromatic-1-6kw-window-wall-air-conditioner-cooling-only_p0027135

Anyone got an idea where to get larger than 2l soda bottles for the tee piece? Cheers

Disposable portable beer dispenser - with as little cleaning as possible ;-)

I think they mentioned earlier in this thread they were going to produce larger PETs for pretty cheap... maybe 5L from memory? I'm sure they'll get back to us on Tuesday.

So we might also stock some PET bottles as well. If you guys could choose any PET bottle size to use with this cap what size would you choose? We could make any size from 1L up to 5L. The bottle cost would not be very high. Only a few dollars per bottle. The increase in size would not have a significant increase in price. So to get your feedback what size would you guys prefer?

There you go !

Latest posts

Back