Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes this is the best option for a 6 keg kegerator. I know it's a bit of a jump up in price and it's cheaper to purchase 2 of the Series X Kegerators. The Grand Deluxe units are built to be used commercially with larger fans, more power, stainless interior etc.

I am assuming the reason you have asked this question is that you want a 6 keg kegerator but you want something that is a bit more expensive than the Series X but less expensive than the Grand Deluxe? Is that the main reason you asked? Is this something other guys out there would be interested in? Would be keen to get some feedback from the others out there.

If we made a wider Series X it's definitely possible to make a 850-900mm wide model Series X and this would end up fitting 6 kegs. If we had a single door and used similar materials to the Series X the cost would only increase by about $200. Is this something you guys want us to work on?

This sounds amazing! Much more reasonable in price than the grand deluxe, and there would certainly be a lot of guys that would get this instead of building Keezers.

Would you put a hole for a second font in the top for those that want to run 6x kegs??

Yes this looks absolutely incredible and can't wait to try this out.
Have you figured a way to import it legally, I though our crappy anti GMO importation laws made it impossible?
I was talking to the guys at Winequip at Rutherford a few weeks ago and they had no interest in getting it as they seemed to be anti-GMO (yay pseudo-science...)

I would be very interested in a 6 tap option. But I think I would prefer a keezer style rather than a bar fridge.

why a keezer stlye? You have to lift the kegs in and out and they're difficult to keep clean. I'd much prefer a forward facing door.
+1 A keezer may be slightly more efficient power wise but after that it's all downhill, strokes for folks of course.

Have you figured a way to import it legally, I though our crappy anti GMO importation laws made it impossible?
I was talking to the guys at Winequip at Rutherford a few weeks ago and they had no interest in getting it as they seemed to be anti-GMO (yay pseudo-science...)

this is one of the issues we are having right now and it's the main reason we dont have this yet. With that said I think we will find a solution soon.

This sounds amazing! Much more reasonable in price than the grand deluxe, and there would certainly be a lot of guys that would get this instead of building Keezers.

Would you put a hole for a second font in the top for those that want to run 6x kegs??

We will have to work this out. Do you think you guys would be happy with just the 4 tap quad font on a 6 keg kegerator. If you go to two triple taps the price will also jump up a bit too and the font fan cooling is slightly more complicated.

I would be very interested in a 6 tap option. But I think I would prefer a keezer style rather than a bar fridge.

Is that because of power consumption? Why do you prefer the Keezer style? If we made a 6 keg kegeator the difference in power consumption would only be about $30 per year.

We will have to work this out. Do you think you guys would be happy with just the 4 tap quad font on a 6 keg kegerator. If you go to two triple taps the price will also jump up a bit too and the font fan cooling is slightly more complicated.

I'd be happy with just the 4 tap quad font. But looking at the size of those fonts people might be able to add an extra tap further down the font, or just use the pluto gun on an extra keg.

Edit: i guess you could also have the option of those Tee shaped fonts that could support extra taps if thats what people wanted?

There is a huge gap in the market for an affordable 5-6 keg fridge - or 50L+2-3 cornies.

Another vote here for the front-facing door (or a pair of them) - keezer-style with a font is a PITA to have the taps and lines moving.

Stainless with an option for a glass front would be excellent.

A T-style font for 4-6 taps would be excellent. If you're doing this largely from scratch, some simple inexpensive features like line management (cable clips) and a decent place to mount a manifold would make a huge difference.

I think everyones suggestion for a T-style font is a better idea for those that want more taps.

Is that because of power consumption? Why do you prefer the Keezer style? If we made a 6 keg kegeator the difference in power consumption would only be about $30 per year.
I really dislike moving kegs out of the way to put some at the back of the fridge.
I'd rather just lift the keg and it be where I want it straight away.
Power consumption isn't an issue to me.

I think everyones suggestion for a T-style font is a better idea for those that want more taps.

The tee shape font design is a more costly design to make so that is the main thing to consider.
We do have these modular t-bar fonts are the best option for tee shaped fonts at the moment. We used to use tri-clover clamps to hold the modular sections together however it was very difficult to get them precisely straight and/or at right angles and even with a 1 or 2 degree off it would look a bit weird which is why we now use the flange and bolt system.

If we use the Quad Font Tube stock then make it taller and include more taps this will be the most cost effective.

The tee shape font design is a more costly design to make so that is the main thing to consider.
We do have these modular t-bar fonts are the best option for tee shaped fonts at the moment. We used to use tri-clover clamps to hold the modular sections together however it was very difficult to get them precisely straight and/or at right angles and even with a 1 or 2 degree off it would look a bit weird which is why we now use the flange and bolt system.

If we use the Quad Font Tube stock then make it taller and include more taps this will be the most cost effective.
You could ship it with a tube font tower by default if that helps keep costs down vs a T style, but I don't want an xmas tree of 6 taps so would be modifying it immediately to fit a different font.

Have you considered stocking / manufacturing products like this Beer Tower 4 Tap American T-Box, 3 Inch Pedestal, Glycol ?

I really dislike moving kegs out of the way to put some at the back of the fridge.
I'd rather just lift the keg and it be where I want it straight away.
Power consumption isn't an issue to me.

Yes that's fair enough. We get some customers struggle to lift the kegs over the edge of the keezer which is the only issue. It's generally not too hard with 19L kegs but if you ever lift a 50L keg in and out of a keezer it's pretty difficult.

I didn't consider 50L kegs, a fridge would be much better in that scenario.

I also like in a keezer that there is the option to keep the wire basket for ingredients.
Also, easier access to a manifold/lines/shanks (if using a collar) without removing all the kegs.

I get that cleaning might be harder if a keg leaks in a keezer, but at least the liquid is contained and not all over your floor when you open the door.
Keezer drip trays are hideous most of the time, I haven't seen an elegant solution yet.

1586307441559.png

Yes that's fair enough. We get some customers struggle to lift the kegs over the edge of the keezer which is the only issue. It's generally not too hard with 19L kegs but if you ever lift a 50L keg in and out of a keezer it's pretty difficult.
This is a huge WHS concern, if you go down the keezer path you will close the door on commercial customers.

I love how much momentum this is gained already. What are you thinking @KegLand-com-au enough interest to justify production?

If there is, dibs on one from the first run. Was my idea after all..... Haha

I love how much momentum this is gained already. What are you thinking @KegLand-com-au enough interest to justify production?

If there is, dibs on one from the first run. Was my idea after all..... Haha

Yes, truly awesome. This is such a good outlet for putting forward and discussing ideas and gaining momentum.

I was eventually planning to hunt down a 6-keg upside down fridge/freezer, as I would prefer this to a keezer. However, I'll wait it out for this now.

How much extra work, cost or fesability is it to have 2 doors in front and maybe a half door at the back for access behind without having to move kegs around?

Back