Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just usually fill a few pet bottles while its cold crashing, crank the reg up to 35psi. Shake 250-300times. It's like stealing a few beers.
Is there any chance of a PET plastic keg around the 25 litre mark that is the same height as a corny keg? I always seem to end up around the 23-25 litres on my brews and don't know what to do with the last few litres that don't make it to the keg. Being the same height as a normal corny would make fitting them into kegerators easier.

Also a hop bomb with integrated magnet in the base to make dry hopping a bit easier would be cool.

Is there any chance of a PET plastic keg around the 25 litre mark that is the same height as a corny keg? I always seem to end up around the 23-25 litres on my brews and don't know what to do with the last few litres that don't make it to the keg. Being the same height as a normal corny would make fitting them into kegerators easier.

Also a hop bomb with integrated magnet in the base to make dry hopping a bit easier would be cool.
@KegLand-com-au https://www.keykegshop.eu/keykeg.html they'll give the KK fermenter king juniors a run for their money, cmon Kee why not?

https://www.kegland.com.au/rapt-temperature-controlled-fermentation-chamber-fridge.html

Since this is going to be tall enough to fit 2 standard fermenters, will it come with a shelf that is strong enough to hold a 25/30lt vessel?
They mention being able to put 4 x 9.5L kegs on the top shelf, so the shelf should definitely cope with a 25-30L fermenter.

The site doesn't indicate whether the shelf comes standard with the fridge, or will be an optional extra.

@KegLand-com-au Care to clarify the situation?

@KegLand-com-au https://www.keykegshop.eu/keykeg.html they'll give the KK fermenter king juniors a run for their money, cmon Kee why not?

Its funny you mention this. We have been thinking about making an adaptor for the KeyKeg (and other one way kegs) to convert them to ball lock posts. These one way kegs can be found for free and most pubs that serve imported beers have trouble throwing them away so you can get them for free. So if we made a ball lock post adaptor you would have a very cheap plastic keg.

With that said we already are working on an 8L PET plastic keg that would be sold for $5 each or if you purchase volume the price would come down to $2-3 per piece. this will also have a ball lock post head sold separately. So this will still be a better value solution and more suitable for the application.

From what I could see, the jet doesn't do much to lift organic matter in kegs that are further from 1/3 of the way up a corny - and even less when cleaning a brewbucket. I didn't notice a significant pressure drop in the disconnects but I'll check this out. I actually pulled out one of the disconnects and attached the line (with an adaptor) to the tap of my brewbucket to help clean that too.

The style of spray ball I have is one of these - not this exact product but picked it up for $15-20 a little while ago: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SS304-R...ank-Cleaning-Female-NPT-1-2-Inch/223318256860

Thanks for that. This looks very similar to the spray ball that we tried but we will try this specific one and see if it works better than the other ones that we have also tried.

Hey Kegland, the pump manual says not to use it with water >35 deg C. Is this accurate?

The pumps have not been through electrical testing above 35C. For this reason the limit is 35C. We also do not see any particularly need to exceed this temperature in cleaning.

The chances are that if the temperature of the liquid was above 35C the pump would work fine and if I was to take a guess I think the pump would probably work happily in water that is up to 50C or more. If you really wanted to find out then send us a PM and if you really wanted to do some heat tolerance testing we would be happy to supply you a free pump in exchange for you sending is a video showing you gradually increasing the temperature at 1C per 5min up to 100C and then we can see when the pump dies. We would be interested to know how much punishment it could take if you could be bothered.

@KegLand-com-au any update on timeline for the new flow control disconnects?

Hey Mick. Thanks for contacting us regarding this. The designs we have for this part are really making the part a bit prohibitively expensive. We covered this in a meeting yesterday and we have decided to make some of the parts for this out of plastic rather than have the whole unit made from stainless steel. By substituting plastic on three of the components we will be able to reduce the cost of this product to $15 per flow control disconnect rather than the $30 price that it would be all in stainless. We will use good quality plastic and make sure the tolerance on the moulds and finished product are good so it should not effect the reliability but this will make the product much more affordable and it will work just as well in our opinion. the only issue is the tooling for this will take a few months so we are sorry to say that the release will be delayed.

Any plans to supply beer gas (75/25, N2/CO2) in your disposable bottles like:
https://www.kegland.com.au/disposable-nitrogen-n2-gas-cylinder-1-43l-110bar.html

We did not have plans to do this just yet. Most of our customers do already have a CO2 cylinder so you can dissolve a small amount of CO2 into the beverage then dispense with pure nitrogen. So at the moment we feel that this is an acceptable solution but if we get enough demand for the mixed gas we would be happy to do it.

I won't be back home till the 31/3 if they let me back in the country.
Worried about stock running out and having to wait months. Can I pay For an order and have the shipping delayed?

We have no option for this at the moment. As soon as the order is paid we will get the order shipped.

We are getting more regular containers getting delivered to us now that Chinese new year is out of the way. Also on 1st July we will be moving warehouse to a larger warehouse so we will be able to hold more stock too and hopefully this enables us to reduce out of stock events as well. It's a massive pain to move warehouse again and break the lease but we have a lot more new stuff that is also quite bulky in future so this will require more space unfortunately.

Maybe an oil filter removal clamp style tool? Would that help?

We have some customers that seem to think that this water filter tool works ok:

https://www.allcarevws.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/20-Filter-Housing-Wrench.jpg

Some people find these a bit easier to use and these come with this standard 10 inch filter housing:
https://www.kegland.com.au/beer-filtering-system-10inch.html

I personally feel the tool that comes included works well as long as you have the container clean and dry and the tool is dry. Some customers find it easier with two of these tools:
https://www.kegland.com.au/fermzilla-collection-container-removal-tool-oil-filter-removal-tool.html

Maybe an oil filter removal clamp style tool? Would that help?

I might also add that when you do the collection container up you only need to tighten it to the point where there is no thread exposed.

Also on 1st July we will be moving warehouse to a larger warehouse so we will be able to hold more stock too and hopefully this enables us to reduce out of stock events as well. It's a massive pain to move warehouse again and break the lease but we have a lot more new stuff that is also quite bulky in future so this will require more space unfortunately.

Hopefully not too far away from your current location??

The 375ml spacer is one that we hardly sell. Probably because we do not sell this size can. As a result we do not have the turnover volume to manufacture this spacer in China which would be much cheaper. At the moment the 330ml spacers are made in Australia and the labour cost in Australia is quite high.

If we get a larger demand for this spacer we will be able to reduce the price but almost all our customers either use the 330ml or 500ml cans.

Hi Kegland when are your RAPT Fermenters going to be available for purchase please Im waiting on one :)

Hey Kegland, Can you cancel Ready for Collection Order MG 100063554
Have lost confidence shopping online with kegland due to lack of support and back up with the last order with Darin. Will have to shop at a retail counter where what is being purchased can be explained by someone with experience and knowledge of the product. The product purchased did not work as intended and the video sent in to show that, received a reply of oh, now it is used.

Back