Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@KegLand-com-au what is the thread in the robo/brewzilla malt pipe bottom screen - is it 3/8"?

I'm looking for a threaded rod without the clip and slider, already have plenty of 1/2" pipe so I might just get a 1/2" reducer down to 3/8" if that will fit

Has anyone ran natural gas through your 200MJ burner with success?
Kl013355.
20200213_210515.jpg

How quickly will this unit chill 50L of wort from boiling to 18C?

Would you use tap water down to say 50C and then use this for the rest of the chilling?

https://www.kegland.com.au/icemaste...ermenter-control-with-2-integrated-pumps.html

The most efficient way to do this is to use tap water to chill down from 100C to about 40C. This can be done quite fast with tap water even in summer when your tap water is warmer. Then once at 50C I would then use the G20 to chill from 40C to 18C.

The cost of water and the cost of power will probably end up being similar and the tap water will be faster for this initial temp drop. Then to chill from 50C to 18C the G20 Glycol Chiller will drop the temp from 40C to 18C in 2-3hrs. This would be the best way to do it.

The most efficient way to do this is to use tap water to chill down from 100C to about 40C. This can be done quite fast with tap water even in summer when your tap water is warmer. Then once at 50C I would then use the G20 to chill from 40C to 18C.

The cost of water and the cost of power will probably end up being similar and the tap water will be faster for this initial temp drop. Then to chill from 50C to 18C the G20 Glycol Chiller will drop the temp from 40C to 18C in 2-3hrs. This would be the best way to do it.

Thanks, are you talking through a CFC it will take 2-3hrs, or something like the temp twister?

https://www.kegland.com.au/temp-twi...rol-your-fermzilla-with-a-glycol-chiller.html

Did you calculate that out based on the compressor power and thermal energy of 50L of wort, or based on experience? E.g. is it purely a function of chilling capacity, or will increasing the chilling surface area improve this method?

Thanks

@KegLand-com-au

Hey Kee, that mini reg looks pretty neat, do you have an on-sale ETA? Got a camping trip two weeks from today - any chance of grabbing one before then?

Also, was my interpretation of your comment a couple of days ago correct - that you're not currently working on a simple tri-clamp adapter for the Fermzilla cone for use with third-party tri-clamp valves?

Thank you,
Bump please @KegLand-com-au

Thanks, are you talking through a CFC it will take 2-3hrs, or something like the temp twister?

https://www.kegland.com.au/temp-twi...rol-your-fermzilla-with-a-glycol-chiller.html

Did you calculate that out based on the compressor power and thermal energy of 50L of wort, or based on experience? E.g. is it purely a function of chilling capacity, or will increasing the chilling surface area improve this method?

Thanks

Yes this is calculated off the energy in the wort and 5% losses.

If you increase the chilling surface area this will not make that much difference in this application. If your cooling liquid gets closer to liquid in the fermenter/boiler then having a larger surface area is more important but as the G20 will have a significant difference in the tank temperature it will still be quite efficient at absorbing the energy in the boiler.

As this is a recirculating system the limiting factor is not so much the surface area of the coil it's just a matter of how fast the compressor/radiator/evaporator can keep up with the chilling process.

sorry missed that one. The new Core Actuator Mini Regulator should have already been finished however the corona virus and CNY is causing some additional delays unfortunately. I think we will get this in about 1-2 months. So you might miss out for your camping trip unfortunately.

We did up grade security recently so longer passwords are required. If you are in this category then we need to manually reset this on the back end. Any chance you can give us a call to sort this out out for you. It will only take a couple moments once we have the related email address.

Can I just point out how totally unacceptable this is? The only way you could know our password lengths is if our passwords were being stored in plaintext. Cryptographic hash functions produce a fixed-length output.

Since you're handling our credit card numbers I expect you to follow very basic security mechanisms that even a high schooler would know to turn on.

Can I just point out how totally unacceptable this is? The only way you could know our password lengths is if our passwords were being stored in plaintext.

I think they mean: the password length required is now longer than it used to be

Latest posts

Back