Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm looking for that type of manifold to integrate with the rest of my K-Lok / snaplok / etc system, but no worries I can get them elsewhere.

To be honest I'm more interested in whether a tri-clamp adapter for the Fermzilla base is coming or not? Now that the blue team's G3 with TC adapter is out my Fermzilla is sitting idle. If it's not coming that's fine - I'll pass my unit on to the next brewer, but I'd prefer to keep it and use it.

This has been half manufactured so far. We have already started to manufacture the 2 inch tri-clover dump valve lid for the collection container but sill working on the tooling on the underside of the butterfly valve. These things do take some time to get right. As you can imagine we have a lot of other stuff that is also in development at the moment as well but the wheels are moving on this.

@KegLand-com-au FYI just in case it was overlooked.

Yes you still need to raise the table manually. Once you raise the table the machine itself can seam the can in 3 seconds. All of this will be explained in the video that we will probably release in the next week or so. So if you keep an eye on this space we should have more detailed information on this very soon.

Are the Nukataps coming in funky colours?

I am not sure if we see the point. It's hart to beat stainless steel and chrome finish. Historically we did try gold and copper plated items but in reality they just do not move. Customers want stainless steel from our experience.

This has been half manufactured so far. We have already started to manufacture the 2 inch tri-clover dump valve lid for the collection container but sill working on the tooling on the underside of the butterfly valve. These things do take some time to get right. As you can imagine we have a lot of other stuff that is also in development at the moment as well but the wheels are moving on this.
OK, thanks for the response, I certainly understand having other priorities but I'm just trying to plan out my own systems as to whether they're likely to proceed or not, less concerned about timing. So at this stage you're not planning on producing a tri clamp adapter directly off the base of the cone, to use with generic tri clamp valves?

As an example, this is basically exactly what I'd like to replicate off the bottom of my Fermzilla:
IMG-20200201-113939.jpg

Shipping price for this is nuts - not quite so much for me but still more than the Robo65L which was only $18... does it have a 2m telescopic pole or something?

No "in stock" email either (again)
@KegLand-com-au are you able to do something to make the Bucket Blaster shipping less ridiculously priced? E.g. is there a mistake in the shipping dimensions?

@KegLand-com-au are you able to do something to make the Bucket Blaster shipping less ridiculously priced? E.g. is there a mistake in the shipping dimensions?

@KegLand-com-au I think there is an error with the shipping calculator for the bucket blaster. Mine arrived today, it is 300x300x360mm (LxWxD) it weights 3.3kg. I was charged a much higher amount than usual even though it is smaller and weights less than all my previous grain orders.

Last edited:
@KegLand-com-au I think there is an error with the shipping calculator for the bucket blaster. Mine arrived today, it is 300x300x3600mm (LxWxD) it weights 3.3kg. I was charged a much higher amount than usual even though it is smaller and weights less than all my previous grain orders.

Is the 3600mm I highlighted the issue maybe?

@KegLand-com-au I think there is an error with the shipping calculator for the bucket blaster. Mine arrived today, it is 300x300x360mm (LxWxD) it weights 3.3kg. I was charged a much higher amount than usual even though it is smaller and weights less than all my previous grain orders.

The bucket blaster is 3.3kg however we are charged in the industry on what is called a 333 cubic rate. So we are charged 333kg per cubic meter of space. So if the products are bulky (which mos of ours are) we are generally charged the cubic size not the dead weight. So the Bucket Blaster is actually 11kg as far as our freight providers are concerned.

Yes this has been fixed up now. I think the cubic size was too high so it was being charged at 20kg previously but this has been amended.

OK, thanks for the response, I certainly understand having other priorities but I'm just trying to plan out my own systems as to whether they're likely to proceed or not, less concerned about timing. So at this stage you're not planning on producing a tri clamp adapter directly off the base of the cone, to use with generic tri clamp valves?

As an example, this is basically exactly what I'd like to replicate off the bottom of my Fermzilla:
IMG-20200201-113939.jpg

Meddo
Is that on the bottom of a g3 ? And if so is that valve large enough diameter to dump hop crud or just yeast and trub ?

Meddo
Is that on the bottom of a g3 ? And if so is that valve large enough diameter to dump hop crud or just yeast and trub ?
Yes it's a G3. I don't often brew dry hopped beers any more so not sure, but I suspect so under pressure. That valve is 3/4", I have plenty of larger reducers and valves though so will likely use something slightly bigger when I do next brew a dry hopped beer.

Yes it's a G3. I don't often brew dry hopped beers any more so not sure, but I suspect so under pressure. That valve is 3/4", I have plenty of larger reducers and valves though so will likely use something slightly bigger when I do next brew a dry hopped beer.

Cheers meddo [emoji106]

The bucket blaster is 3.3kg however we are charged in the industry on what is called a 333 cubic rate. So we are charged 333kg per cubic meter of space. So if the products are bulky (which mos of ours are) we are generally charged the cubic size not the dead weight. So the Bucket Blaster is actually 11kg as far as our freight providers are concerned.
Interesting. Even after you revised the dimensions, it's still more to ship than the Robo65 was with another 50 small items!

I'll hold off until I need a few more things so the delivery cost isn't so significant.

With a ymmv caveat, as the Maltzilla has got larger rollers than a conventional mill and diamond coating, how wide should the gap be set? Say just for pale malt as a start.

Still waiting on mine to come from Melbourne and starting to plan, please note that the waiting is not Kegland’s fault, someone has picked it up for me and is sending with other gear.

Interesting. Even after you revised the dimensions, it's still more to ship than the Robo65 was with another 50 small items!

I'll hold off until I need a few more things so the delivery cost isn't so significant.

Looks like that was a different issue. The shipping weight for the BrewZilla 65L was too low and we have fixed this up now too. So sorry to say the BrewZilla 65L is a bit more expensive now to ship.

With a ymmv caveat, as the Maltzilla has got larger rollers than a conventional mill and diamond coating, how wide should the gap be set? Say just for pale malt as a start.

Still waiting on mine to come from Melbourne and starting to plan, please note that the waiting is not Kegland’s fault, someone has picked it up for me and is sending with other gear.

The gap setting can be set similar to a normal mill or slightly more open. A credit card width seems to work well as a gap measure. With that said even with a slightly larger gap setting l works well as the grain is getting sheered open so it's no so dependent on the gap but rather ensuring that the rollers just come in contact with the outside of the grain.

Normally for a traditional mill the rollers rely on squishing the grain through a orifice to get the right grist. With the MaltZilla it "rubs" the side of the grain causing the husk to come off. It's a different action that gives you a better grist with the husks more intact.

Latest posts

Back