Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maltzilla has been ordered and is sitting in a locker for pickup. Thank you Kegland.

Just ordered a MaltZilla, keen to see how it goes.

Interesting....is this a completely new product, or can existing devices be "upgrade"? If it's a new product, any estimate on increased cost?

@KegLand-com-au

No you cannot upgrade from the manual machine. This new model has numerous benefits but the design has several additional components as well as a larger motor making it not practical to upgrade the older model.

The larger motor is necessary to seam the large diameter steel cans and we wanted to start to offer this to customers wanting to also use the machine for preserving food etc.

The cost of this new machine will probably be about $250 more than our current Cannular Can seamer.

Maltzilla has been ordered and is sitting in a locker for pickup. Thank you Kegland.

No worries. Please let us know what you think. If you need some assistance using it or setting it up just give us a call. We still have not done the setup and installation video so if you run into issues just call us.

A premium version of the Maltzilla was mentioned on the FB group with stainless rollers, is this going to be available as an upgrade or is it a standalone version? Maybe worth updating the description on the kegland Maltzilla page so people know there are going to be two versions available at some point in time. I bought the standard version as I didn't know there was going to be two versions.

No you cannot upgrade from the manual machine. This new model has numerous benefits but the design has several additional components as well as a larger motor making it not practical to upgrade the older model.

Is it just the rollers that are automated (eg. you raise the table and press a button to seam)? Very interested if thats the case. Any estimate on arrival? @KegLand-com-au

Last edited:
So the bucket blaster finally arrived in stock after slipping dates 4 times but $52 for postaage! you have to be kidding. Got a weight bench shipped for the teenage son for less from Queensland!
Shipping price for this is nuts - not quite so much for me but still more than the Robo65L which was only $18... does it have a 2m telescopic pole or something?

No "in stock" email either (again)

Shipping price for this is nuts - not quite so much for me but still more than the Robo65L which was only $18... does it have a 2m telescopic pole or something?

No "in stock" email either (again)

Cant reflect real delivery price. Stuff all weight in it. I get 20 litre buckets of paint delivered by courier for a hell of a lot less.

Cant reflect real delivery price. Stuff all weight in it. I get 20 litre buckets of paint delivered by courier for a hell of a lot less.
It seems expensive, but it may not be incorrect. Note that deliveries often work on the volumetric weight (based on dimensions), hence my joke about the 2m pole...

That is awesome, I have looked into rigging up something myself to be able to gas and dispense from PET bottles e.g. for taking samples and experimenting with carbonation levels in fruit beers etc.

is this product still available? I want buy, but i dont find in site aliexpress. I´m from Brazil

Yes I dont thing this would be a good idea. The spunding valves are fairly easy to clean and with a phillips head screw driver takes about 2 minutes to tear down as you can see in this video here:

With that said we have been giving our Blowtie here some punishment and it's frequently had krausen go through it and to our amazement it seems to be operating fine even without a clean. So you never know, you might just get as lucky as us and just keep using it without cleaning it.

If you really want to protect the unit then I think the best thing to do would be to make a small receiver/settling tank so the gas runs into this before going into the blowtie. To make a small tank you could use a PET bottle. In fact it was mentioned in this thread a number of pages ago that we would make a tee piece that will enable you to use two of these caps, then use these yellow KL14830 fitting to connect two of these pieces to a coke bottle:

https://www.kegland.com.au/media/images/PCO1881/Tee Iso 1.JPG
Tee Iso 1.JPG

https://www.kegland.com.au/media/images/PCO1881/Tee Front.JPG
Tee Front.JPG

https://www.kegland.com.au/media/images/PCO1881/Bottle Front.JPG
Bottle Front.JPG

So this would be a fairly inexpensive way to make a receiver/settling tank. It will also be able to be used as a very inexpensive small keg too.
[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I liked know if this product is still available. I´m trying buy in the site aliexpress, mas don´t find. I´m from Brazil. Sorry my english

It seems expensive, but it may not be incorrect. Note that deliveries often work on the volumetric weight (based on dimensions), hence my joke about the 2m pole...

Considering the description said the 15 lt bucket doubles as the storage container and the picture shows a lid........

Is anyone using the 4mm probed temp controller on a column?
Mine is fine at beer temps but the thing varies about +-1c at column temps and shuts the system down.

If you are getting fluctuations in your still head temp it might be caused by a boil over.

Can you give us more information on the column type, the wash type, the wattage and water flow through the head etc.

A premium version of the Maltzilla was mentioned on the FB group with stainless rollers, is this going to be available as an upgrade or is it a standalone version? Maybe worth updating the description on the kegland Maltzilla page so people know there are going to be two versions available at some point in time. I bought the standard version as I didn't know there was going to be two versions.

Thanks for the heads up. We have now just changed the description now so you can see the link from the Standard MaltZilla to the upgraded Premium MaltZilla. In my opinion the standard one is perfectly fine and we have been using this for quite some time. The main reason we wanted to have an premium option is we thought that some customers might not like the concept of a glass reinforced nylon hub. In all our testing we found the glass reinforced nylon one to work completely fine. It's more that some customers might just not like the idea.

The Premium MaltZilla is quite a bit heavier as we have to machine the rollers out of solid 70mm stainless steel bar stock and this means the price is higher.

Sorry I am afraid we do not have those at the moment. This is a fairly bulky and expensive method to make a manifold which is why we don't stock this type at this stage.

They can be purchased from Andale.

In your opinion why do you want this particular design? They are quite bulky and expensive to assemble. Quite a lot of additional seals to service as well so the potential for leaks is considerable.

Sorry I am afraid we do not have those at the moment. This is a fairly bulky and expensive method to make a manifold which is why we don't stock this type at this stage.

They can be purchased from Andale.

In your opinion why do you want this particular design? They are quite bulky and expensive to assemble. Quite a lot of additional seals to service as well so the potential for leaks is considerable.
I'm looking for that type of manifold to integrate with the rest of my K-Lok / snaplok / etc system, but no worries I can get them elsewhere.

To be honest I'm more interested in whether a tri-clamp adapter for the Fermzilla base is coming or not? Now that the blue team's G3 with TC adapter is out my Fermzilla is sitting idle. If it's not coming that's fine - I'll pass my unit on to the next brewer, but I'd prefer to keep it and use it.

Back