Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shoot them an email at [email protected] or give them a ring and they can reset your password immediately for you and get you logged in. Pretty sure all they need to do this is your email account or name which they wouldn't know from that post earlier and it probably isn't wise posting this in a public forum.
Nah, I've always said that the best way to resolve issues with specific online store accounts is to throw a tantrum on a public forum.

Hey Grmblz, I read in Post #3393 that they need to manually reset it in the backend due to a recent security upgrade needing longer passwords.
Thanks for that, it's definitely amateur half hour, why have a link to reset your password that doesn't work, a link to an email address that doesn't work, a contact us page with a captcha that doesn't work, and no mention anywhere that you need to contact them directly "sighs"
Thanks carbon will do, and your link WORKS! yippee.
What's the matter fds having a bad hair day? If nobody gives them a walk through how are they supposed to know just how screwed up their site is.

Suggestion:
I have the Kegland Double Tap Cooler Jockey/Magic Box. I freaking love it, a very awesome bit of kit. Now the recommendation is to leave the drain plug open so the water drains out and ice is always in contact with the chiller plate. This isn't always convenient to do, especially when camping and water would be leaking out in areas that I don't want it to. So I thought to connect a hose to the drain and then I can direct that where I want. As everyone comments that this thing "looks just like a Yeti" I just bought their drain plug with hose connection and am hoping that will do the job. BUT... bloody Yeti... the most freaking expensive stuff, so maybe you want to look into stocking this/supplying it with the cooler.

Link for reference. This thing is going to be $25 delivered. yikes.
https://au.yeti.com/products/drain-plug-w-hose-connection
Take the esky to bunnings and see what they've got. I did it with one of my eskies (not this one) and I got the parts, but it took a few different adaptors to get where I wanted to go. It wouldve been more than $25 in the end :(

Thanks for that, it's definitely amateur half hour, why have a link to reset your password that doesn't work, a link to an email address that doesn't work, a contact us page with a captcha that doesn't work, and no mention anywhere that you need to contact them directly "sighs"
Thanks carbon will do, and your link WORKS! yippee.
What's the matter fds having a bad hair day? If nobody gives them a walk through how are they supposed to know just how screwed up their site is.

Where did the bad KegLand touch you Grmblz..?

RDWHAHB

This is ridiculous. What other examples exist of a retail environment where heavy, expensive items are immediately shipped back to a distributor for diagnosis, bypassing the retailer?

I sent back n Samsung pc 26" monitor once... only had a minor problem which i explained, they sent a postage label to send it back and the sent a new one out within the week. They didn't even ask for proof of purchase.

Go into Apple with an iPhone, they don't give a fly where you bought it from.. if it has a fault they will swap it.

If something has your name on it, you kinda need to honour anything regarding after sales... Its 2020, shit like that is expected in retail these days.

Also if we are giving suggestions now.

Kegland Same day shipping before 12pm would be a winner. *cough* beerco's kickass service *cough*

I was about to pull the trigger on one of these (Edit, was referring to G40). Glad I didn't.

Thank you for taking a bullet for the team Snake Eyed.

It shouldn't be up to the customer to diagnose a fault, past a few basic questions, which have been answered multiple times. Kegland should have had it shipped straight back for diagnostics by their own techs.
If it's fucked, send a new one out. If it's user error, send it back and charge the customer shipping both ways. Pretty simple.

Using the excuse that Snake Eyed bought it from a retailer and not direct is bullshit. It's YOUR product and YOUR name and the way you handled it has cost you sales.

Thats not how it works in Australia. Go read up on Australian Consumer Law, it's very oriented towards the purchaser and not the reseller. However in this case Kegland are 100% correct.

Also if we are giving suggestions now.

Kegland Same day shipping before 12pm would be a winner. *cough* beerco's kickass service *cough*

This is probably a good time to note that we have been getting hit with extremely high number of orders at the moment and this is leading to some packing delays. We are hiring more staff but we are struggling to keep up. We sent an email out to our customers regarding this a couple weeks ago and we will send another email about this in the next few days. We are sorry for the packing delays. Normally orders placed before midday are shipped same day but due to this delay we have not been able to meed this objective and we have a 2 business day lead time at the moment. Very sorry for the inconvenience.

With that said if you place an order online and select:
1. Express
2. Pickup

These two services get prioritised and these will still always be picked and packed within 4 business hrs of making the order. (generally it's within about 1 business hour but our guarantee is 4 business hrs). So if you select express it will still always get shipped out same day if your order is done before midday.

This is probably a good time to note that we have been getting hit with extremely high number of orders at the moment and this is leading to some packing delays. We are hiring more staff but we are struggling to keep up. We sent an email out to our customers regarding this a couple weeks ago and we will send another email about this in the next few days. We are sorry for the packing delays. Normally orders placed before midday are shipped same day but due to this delay we have not been able to meed this objective and we have a 2 business day lead time at the moment. Very sorry for the inconvenience.

With that said if you place an order online and select:
1. Express
2. Pickup

These two services get prioritised and these will still always be picked and packed within 4 business hrs of making the order. (generally it's within about 1 business hour but our guarantee is 4 business hrs). So if you select express it will still always get shipped out same day if your order is done before midday.

I just ordered today at 12:26 pm. Received an email at 12:40 pm to say my order was ready to pick up. Thats fantastic service.

Any chance you guys sell the metal clip for the bottle filling gun? I obviously need to get some silicone tips, but I've somehow lost the clip they attach to.

Hi @KegLand-com-au is it possible to buy the parts for the re-circulation arm of the brewzilla up to the point of the camlock? Thinking about retrofitting a digiboil with a pump.

Go into Apple with an iPhone, they don't give a fly where you bought it from.. if it has a fault they will swap it.
Thats because every single iPhone (and every component in said iPhone) has serial numbers, digital ids and internal firmware to track its usage. Apple already knows when you bought the phone, who you bought it from, how much you’ve used it and if you are the first or 5th owner of the device. The device is intrinsically tied up with Apples digital environment.
Drive a car into a Mercedes dealership and ask them to perform a free service or maintenance, or worse, replace some or all of it because it’s faulty, don’t you think they’re going to check that you’re the legal owner of the car and where you bought it from?

If I pick up a piece of equipment from a garage sale, even if it’s only a few months old, I’m not going to expect the manufacturer to honour any warranty unless the garage seller gave me a copy of the receipt.
I think you’ll find that even in 2020, THAT’S actually how “shit like that is expected in retail these days”

Just finished installation of the “continuous Carbonator keg reactor.”
Phew, I think there is an unwritten natural law somewhere that every single DIY project, no matter how simple it may seem, is going to end up WAY more complicated than expected!
From the fact that most standard keg fittings seem to be 8mm vs the 1/4” tubing that’s standard in water filtration systems, to the fact that the bricks my house are made of seem to be some derivative of adamantium and chewed up three masonry bits to drill through a single 20mm hole, it was a convoluted process. But I now have a dedicated 19l keg in my Kegerator V4, plumbed through the wall to my kitchen. There are now two water filter taps on my sink - one for RO filtered water and one for chilled carbonated water (and a third line under the sink for RO/DI water for my aquarium)
While the setup was a bit of a pain, it should hopefully be seamless now.

My one question is how long should I expect the keg to take to carb up? Beer can take up to a week while a Sodastream is instantaneous. Is this gonna take a few days to fizz up or should it be ready pretty quick?

Phew, I think there is an unwritten natural law somewhere that every single DIY project, no matter how simple it may seem, is going to end up WAY more complicated than expected!
From the fact that most standard keg fittings seem to be 8mm vs the 1/4” tubing that’s standard in water filtration systems, to the fact that the bricks my house are made of seem to be some derivative of adamantium and chewed up three masonry bits to drill through a single 20mm hole, it was a convoluted process. But I now have a dedicated 19l keg in my Kegerator V4, plumbed through the wall to my kitchen. There are now two water filter taps on my sink - one for RO filtered water and one for chilled carbonated water (and a third line under the sink for RO/DI water for my aquarium)

My one question is how long should I expect the keg to take to carb up? Beer can take up to a week while a Sodastream is instantaneous. Is this gonna take a few days to fizz up or should it be ready pretty quick?
I haven't installed mine yet, so I'm glad to hear someone else has successfully hooked it up. I have installed plenty of water filters before so thankfully already have the various reducers/adaptors needed for that.

What pressure do you have the CO2 set to? I tend to leave my regulator for soda water at 40psi for a week, then serve it at 30psi, so I would guess your setup will take about a week to carbonate initially.

Probably much the same as carbonating beer (which is mostly water anyway). Personally I have a hose which connects to the liquid post, so the co2 bubbles up through the liquid to speed up the process. Shaking the keg will accelerate the process further. Not sure if shaking with the reactor lid fitted is advisable, so be warned!

I'd love to see some build specks but if you have a super clean keg and lots of line, you can carbonate by shaking and rolling it on the floor for about 2 hrs or more at very high pressure but really cold as well.
Best option would be to just wait or get a carbonation stone to do it for you.

What pressure do you have the CO2 set to? I tend to leave my regulator for soda water at 40psi for a week, then serve it at 30psi, so I would guess your setup will take about a week to carbonate initially.
I have a dual regulator with one for the Soda keg set for 25-30 psi. The second reg is for 2x beer kegs at around 12 psi. But the previous Soda keg was for a flavoured Soda premixed with syrup rather than just straight water so I was unsure whether the extra additives changes the process. It usually took 3-4 days to carb up. That old Soda keg (usually root beer) has now been retired in favour of the carb keg.
Probably much the same as carbonating beer (which is mostly water anyway). Personally I have a hose which connects to the liquid post, so the co2 bubbles up through the liquid to speed up the process. Shaking the keg will accelerate the process further. Not sure if shaking with the reactor lid fitted is advisable, so be warned!
I’ve had a hose and carbonation stone connected to my root beer and regular beer kegs. Not sure if it actually makes much of a difference but once it’s installed it’s pretty much set and forget so I figured I may as well.
I didn’t bother installing that on the continuous carb keg though. The whole idea is that it really only needs to be carbed up once. After that, any time you take a glass of water out, it automatically adds a glass of filtered water in. Unless your draining more than 4 or 5 litres at a time, the small addition of still water shouldn’t affect the kegs carb level noticeably. The keg will continuously carb itself up as each drink of water is cycled through.
It’s definitely not fizzy yet so I’ll periodically check it over the next few days.
Looking forward to unlimited chilled fizzy water. I’ve been stocking up on Sodastream syrups and I have pump caps on them so I can squirt a little flavour in the glass and add the Soda water. May also start freezing fresh lemon and lime juices in ice cube trays. A few frozen lime cubes in a glass of Soda is very nice.

I'd love to see some build specks but if you have a super clean keg and lots of line, you can carbonate by shaking and rolling it on the floor for about 2 hrs or more at very high pressure but really cold as well.
Best option would be to just wait or get a carbonation stone to do it for you.
The build was fairly simple. My kitchen and garage share a common wall. The kitchen sink is on one side and the kegerator sits in the garage on the other side of the wall. I have a 6 stage Reverse Osmosis/ De-Ionising filter set up (I bought it from US off eBay and installed it myself. A third of the price of one from a local water filter shop)
Water runs from the mains tap through three carbon/particulate filters, then through a reverse osmosis filter. It then passes into an 8 gallon pressure tank. The line comes off the tank, passes through a 5th polishing filter. It then splits three ways. One goes to the filter tap for drinking water, one goes through a hole in the wall, into the back of the kegerator and connects to the carb keg. The third line passes through a final De-Ionizing filter and ends in a hose with a ball-tap. I use this water for my saltwater aquarium (DI water is not suitable to drink but is important for reef-keeping).
The fizzy water comes out of the carb keg, back through the rear of the kegerator, through the hole in the wall and connects to a 2nd filter tap on the sink.
I have about a metre of hose with carb water in it between the fridge and the tap. I estimate this will be only about a shot glass of warm water. I can run the tap for a second or two before filling the glass to ensure cold water or just not worry.
I actually contemplated putting the RO pressure tank in the fridge as well to have chilled still water from the other tap, but it was more trouble than it was worth and frankly it took up too much space in the fridge that should be used for beer. I can now have two beer kegs on tap in the garage and endless fizzy water on the kitchen.
I tried to convince the missus to let me install a couple of beer taps on the kitchen counter and run the beer through the wall as well. Needless to say it was not met with enthusiasm.
Eventually I’ll upgrade to a Kegerator X for four kegs and look at putting the RO tank in there for cold filtered water but I need to get a few years out of the current setup before wasting money on a fridge upgrade.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 128
  • BA708F88-947E-4871-AED9-8F5493C565E6.jpeg
    BA708F88-947E-4871-AED9-8F5493C565E6.jpeg
    48.9 KB · Views: 127
Back