Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys

Any update on the RAPT fermentation fridge some prototype photos or something like that. Sounds very interesting we all love new homebrew toys

Cheers

Thanks but I'm moving all my gear away from ball locks, mostly to k-lok type. So really looking for something basically identical to that micromatic one (but without needing to remortgage the house) to clean through the coupler as well as the lines. Your stainless one are fine but bigger than I need, a small cheap plastic one would be perfect.

That's a difficult requirement to meet. We could make a plastic one but the volume that we would produce would probably be quite small and as a result the end product would probably be similarly expensive as our current stainless ones. Most of our commercial customers quite like the current stainless ones as they are robust.

Can you share any photos of the G2 Flow Control Disconnect if there will be any appreciable difference externally to the older ones? And are you still on track for having them available toward the end of this month?

Can you share any photos of the G2 Flow Control Disconnect if there will be any appreciable difference externally to the older ones? And are you still on track for having them available toward the end of this month?

Externally they will look the same. We will just have a couple of additional components inside of these. As we are extremely busy at the moment we have had to divert some of our product development team into customer service to absorb the addition load so this is having a flow on effect and reducing the speed at which we are getting to finish this product off. So if you guys could stop ordering so much stuff that would be appreciated and we can get back to product development.

I think the flow control ball lock disconnects should be finished next year now.

The guys in the warehouse are also getting a bit overloaded at the moment and already working overtime too.

Also would you guys be interested in us making a cheaper plastic version of this product?

Did you guys change who you use for shipping? Just had a $30 shipping quote for just a few items (dip tube being one, so dunno if that has anything to do with it..) when it always used to be like $6

Externally they will look the same. We will just have a couple of additional components inside of these. As we are extremely busy at the moment we have had to divert some of our product development team into customer service to absorb the addition load so this is having a flow on effect and reducing the speed at which we are getting to finish this product off. So if you guys could stop ordering so much stuff that would be appreciated and we can get back to product development.

I think the flow control ball lock disconnects should be finished next year now.

The guys in the warehouse are also getting a bit overloaded at the moment and already working overtime too.

Also would you guys be interested in us making a cheaper plastic version of this product?

A plastic version would be ace, they get a fair bit more expensive once they reach EU resellers. ;)

Hi Kegland, are the plastic bits and pieces dishwasher safe? Collection bottle, lids etc?

Thanks

Did you guys change who you use for shipping? Just had a $30 shipping quote for just a few items (dip tube being one, so dunno if that has anything to do with it..) when it always used to be like $6

Sorry about that. The long dip tubes has an unusually high weight allocated to them so we have just fixed this up. What else was in the order and I can check the other parts for you if you like.

We have not recently changed the shipping rates.

Hi @KegLand-com-au what are your trading hours through the holiday season, e.g. which days will you be processing and shipping orders?

Also, is the availability date for this still accurate at 24/12? https://www.kegland.com.au/soda-carbonator-keg-reactor-lid-continuous-soda-water-solution.html

Just working out if I'll likely need to carb up a 50L keg of soda water to get through the week from new years... would also appreciate any more feedback you have on the reactor lid from your trials.

I have been using this lid myself at home for about 12 months, and we have also been using this in the work lunch room for the past 6 months. Works great. I really am tired of manually filling up kegs of soda water as we go through heaps.

At home I have it setup as per page 3 in the manual and at work we have it setup as per page 4 as per the manual.
https://www.kegland.com.au/media/pdf/Instruction Manual Soda Carbonator Draft.pdf

When comparing this to some of the under bench carbonators such as the Zip or Billy units this will give you higher levels of carbonation.

Yes this product is due to come into stock on the 24th of December. With that said we have quite a few people signed up to get notified when this comes into stock so it's possible that this sells out in a fairly short period when it's in stock.

@KegLand-com-au I have a series 4 kegerator and the wife has suggested that it's too damn loud. I've heard that the series X is a lot quieter, is that true?

If I would like to switch out to a series x should I get the base fridge and expect everything to be able to be moved over easily?

Is there an option where it is sold without a reg?

Is the four tap font more difficult than the already difficult three tap font?

Cheers!

Any update on the Maltzilla Mill release date?? its on my christmas wish list, but doesn't look like it'll be released by then.... :(

We have a batch being made at the moment but we have not got a shipping date yet but it's not going to arrive before Christmas. Sorry about this. We realise this product has taken a log longer than we originally anticipated.

@KegLand-com-au I have a series 4 kegerator and the wife has suggested that it's too damn loud. I've heard that the series X is a lot quieter, is that true?

If I would like to switch out to a series x should I get the base fridge and expect everything to be able to be moved over easily?

Is there an option where it is sold without a reg?

Is the four tap font more difficult than the already difficult three tap font?

Cheers!

The main sound of the fridge is generally the sound of the 150mm fan. You could replace the fan with a smaller and more quiet fan but then your fridge would probably not work as efficiently. The brushless 150mm fan is the same type of fan in both the Series 4 and Series X. You could double check the screws that hold the fan to the roof of the unit are tight as a loose fan would rattle a bit and this could possibly cause some additional noise. If wires or anything else come in contact with the fan blade (or built up ice) this can make quite a loud sound. This fan is not dissimilar to the fans used inside a desktop computer case. So the sound of the fan would be similar to this level of sound.

I should also say that both models of fridge have been made with exposed evaporator. A very small amount of noise (generally less than the fan) is made by liquid refrigerant gas entering this evaporator. Some modern fridges have covers over the evaporator or plastic shroud that covers the evaporator. A plastic shroud like this might help muffle the sound but it also would take up a bit more space and also would not make the fridge as electrically efficient as having the evaporator exposed. So you would pay the price very slightly in electrical efficiency. It should also be noted that we use the r600a which is very slightly more noisy than the r134a. The R600a is also more electrically efficient and environmentally friendly which is why we use it.

So the electrical efficiency does come at a slight compromise when it comes to sound but I would not call the Series X a noisy fridge at all. It's definitely more quiet than our Grand Deluxe ones that have multiple radiator fans running inside this unit.

We have a batch being made at the moment but we have not got a shipping date yet but it's not going to arrive before Christmas. Sorry about this. We realise this product has taken a log longer than we originally anticipated.
Do you have photos? I don't recall seeing photos, if the design has been finalised I guess it would be OK to share?

I have been using this lid myself at home for about 12 months, and we have also been using this in the work lunch room for the past 6 months. Works great. I really am tired of manually filling up kegs of soda water as we go through heaps.

At home I have it setup as per page 3 in the manual and at work we have it setup as per page 4 as per the manual.
https://www.kegland.com.au/media/pdf/Instruction Manual Soda Carbonator Draft.pdf

When comparing this to some of the under bench carbonators such as the Zip or Billy units this will give you higher levels of carbonation.

Yes this product is due to come into stock on the 24th of December. With that said we have quite a few people signed up to get notified when this comes into stock so it's possible that this sells out in a fairly short period when it's in stock.
Thanks for the update and details.

I selected the email notification for this item the day you listed it on the website, however I will be at work on the 24th so hopefully I won't miss out by the evening. Once again, a pre-ordering system would be much appreciated.

When will the bucket blaster keg and fermenter washer kit, be available to order online? Currently showing out of stock.

Thanks for sharing the manual with us. I'm very interested in the carb setup. It;s great to get some idea from the manual how it will all come together

Back