Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
8mm worked a treat.

My next issue though is for the front castors. I only realised after taking out the other screws is that 2 of the holes for the front ones are not pre-drilled. I wasn't too keen on drilling into the bottom of the fridge though.

View attachment 116986
@KegLand-com-au Am I expected to drill this out to screw in the castors? Seems a bit much given the money I spent on it

Attachments

• 15750108770563561100275376915206.jpg
    15750108770563561100275376915206.jpg
    460.6 KB · Views: 213
the holes are pre-drilled. It just looks like they are not pre-drilled. Some of the holes are filled up with foam from the PU foaming process. So if you just start to thread the bolts in you will feel the bolts engage.

I know with the foam in the hole it looks like there is no thread but actually the bolts go in fine.

8mm worked a treat.

My next issue though is for the front castors. I only realised after taking out the other screws is that 2 of the holes for the front ones are not pre-drilled. I wasn't too keen on drilling into the bottom of the fridge though.

View attachment 116986

I should also note that this has confused a few other customers with the bolt holes having foam in them. If you just start screwing the bolt in it pushes the foam out of the way and it secures the castors perfectly.

With that said in future shipments we are going to have the bolts already inserted into the holes so you actually have to remove the bolts prior to fitting the castors. This will make it a bit more self explanatory.

Can you get locks for the duotights just noticed last night swapping out kegs must have been a little awkward the palm of my hand must have bumped the release ring sightly enough to give it a small leak.

Thankfully I'm wise and smart enough to know never trust myself and always turn off after pouring came back noticed the gauge empty. Bucket of water showed the line disengaged a few mil from the ball valve duotight.

Blue locks that come with this is what I mean.
https://www.kegland.com.au/gas-line-splitters.html.

Can you get locks for the duotights just noticed last night swapping out kegs must have been a little awkward the palm of my hand must have bumped the release ring sightly enough to give it a small leak.

Thankfully I'm wise and smart enough to know never trust myself and always turn off after pouring came back noticed the gauge empty. Bucket of water showed the line disengaged a few mil from the ball valve duotight.

all of my duotight joiners came with locking c-rings

Where did you get the c-rings? Never heard of them.
They are the exact locking rings you're asking about. They were included with each of the duotight fittings I bought from Kegland over the past couple of years.

They are the exact locking rings you're asking about. They were included with each of the duotight fittings I bought from Kegland over the past couple of years.

Conversely, I've got a lot of 8mm duotight flare fittings, joiners, and t-pieces here, and I've never been sent a single locking ring with any of them?

the holes are pre-drilled. It just looks like they are not pre-drilled. Some of the holes are filled up with foam from the PU foaming process. So if you just start to thread the bolts in you will feel the bolts engage.

I know with the foam in the hole it looks like there is no thread but actually the bolts go in fine.

Some of the holes were pre-drilled and as you can see in my earlier pics some of those do have foam. But there are some holes that are clearly not pre-drilled... again quite obvious from one photo in particular.

Being pissed on and told it's raining is not my idea of good customer service.... YMMV ‍

Agreed. Why have we missed out? @KegLand-com-au can you confirm that these c-rings come standard with duotight fittings?
The C rings come with the 6mm fittings (gas line splitters). These are not duotight fittings. If you lose the “C” ring, just wrap some 15amp fuse wire where the c ring went.

The C rings come with the 6mm fittings (gas line splitters). These are not duotight fittings. If you lose the “C” ring, just wrap some 15amp fuse wire where the c ring went.
I’ve never received any locking c rings with my duotights. Not in the Kegerator Series 4 kit, not in the seperate packs of various sizes and shapes I’ve bought. But I did receive some c clip in the water filtration kit I purchased from a US eBay supplier, which also uses duotight style fittings. They’re very handy and I ended up going onto eBay later and ordering a bag of them. I use them for the water filtration fittings and on the keg/kegerator fittings. You can usually order them in various quantities but mainly from US suppliers. Duotight style fittings are common in US but a lot rarer in Aus do tracking them down around here is tough.

The blue locks really are not necessary and I would take out the hose, re-cut it clean then make sure it's pushed all the way into the fitting. We do get the odd join that we see where people only push the hose into the fitting part of the way and this can easily cause the problem you have so I would make sure it's pushed all the way into the fitting firmly.

I’ve never received any locking c rings with my duotights. Not in the Kegerator Series 4 kit, not in the seperate packs of various sizes and shapes I’ve bought. But I did receive some c clip in the water filtration kit I purchased from a US eBay supplier, which also uses duotight style fittings. They’re very handy and I ended up going onto eBay later and ordering a bag of them. I use them for the water filtration fittings and on the keg/kegerator fittings. You can usually order them in various quantities but mainly from US suppliers. Duotight style fittings are common in US but a lot rarer in Aus do tracking them down around here is tough.

That is correct. We have never sold the duotight fittings with the c-clips. They have only come with the older fittings. They really are not necessary and if the hose is cut and pushed in correctly they are not necessary at all.

Latest posts

Back