Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keen to know this answer too.

Yes you can use the cover while the fridge is running. If the ambient temperature is really hot you fold up the flaps on the side of the cover to allow the heat from the radiators dissipate heat more efficiently but generally it's not required.

So really remote-control and monitoring doesn't have as much benefit or need as other devices like temp controllers and fermentation controllers where the process is unmanned for the majority of the process. For this reason the upgrade to wireless is not a larger priority.

Except that your controller is in the base of the unit, where it is difficult to see and manipulate...wireless would fix that. As would a milk crate, but I'm still yet to find one...

Is RAPT a kegland service? Im assuming its rapt.io?

Yes the Rapt.io website is still relatively undeveloped. We really just needed a domain/address to access the app. The website really only has one purpose and that is to be a gateway to access the IOT hub where the data is logged but this is not publicly available until the products are released.

Yes the Rapt.io website is still relatively undeveloped. We really just needed a domain/address to access the app. The website really only has one purpose and that is to be a gateway to access the IOT hub where the data is logged but this is not publicly available until the products are released.
Any chance of a photo of a prototype chamber? It sounds like a really interesting product.

This is going to be finished early next year. We were hoping to have this released before Christmas but we are still making changes to the software. This is a really exciting step for us as it's the first of several internet connected brewing devices that we are making. I wish I had a more precise date for the release of this one but it's too early to say right now.

Ok, we'll forgive you if you post some pictures of it instead!

We are not in a hurry to do this just yet. Bluetooth alone is not something that we find particularly useful at this stage. The brewing process still really requires the user to be there to stir, check for boil overs, add grain, hops etc. So really remote-control and monitoring doesn't have as much benefit or need as other devices like temp controllers and fermentation controllers where the process is unmanned for the majority of the process. For this reason the upgrade to wireless is not a larger priority. We have a number of other internet connected devices that we will be making before the next upgrade to the BrewZilla.
Sorry to be more specific I was thinking of the logic program of get to temp then timer commences and the ability to vary elements and pump flow by power input in %, would prefer WIFI over BT if there is a choice, told you I could be needy!!

Sorry if it’s been posted already but are the dimensions available for the new all rounder fermenters?

I'm interested in this continuous carbonation lid but have a question please.

I currently use a dedicated 19L keg and tap for soda water on my kegerator and use a dedicated c02 line via a dual regulator.

With this lid, would you just leave it set to 50PSI? (I too like spicy soda water!). Currently, after I have a carbed my soda water keg to 50PSI I bleed the gas a little and back it off to 10-15PSI so I have so I don't have a jet engine coming out of the tap. But with this lid I'd imagine you would want to leave it high to carb the new water?

Thanks for that. I will try some of these too and give them a go. Do you find these get blocked with hops fairly quickly?

Nup, never had them blocked and I've freeballed 300g of dry hops in the 58L kegmenter. I do cold crash the hops out of suspension prior to anything else however.

Ok, we'll forgive you if you post some pictures of it instead!

The pictures of the ones we have now are not accurate as we have already gone to make some changes to the injection moulded control panel on the front of the fridge. We previously went with option for one secondary regulator on the control panel of the fridge but now it's going to be options for 2 regulators. We are just about to finish the designs for this new injection moulded tooling and once this has been complete we will upload some CAD diagrams. This product will not be finished until some time next year. Do not have the date yet.

Any indication on when the 35L brewzilla will be back in stock? Went to pull the trigger on an all grain setup yesterday!

Yes I would normally leave the gas set at about 50psi. So with soda water I would recommend using a bit more beer line (about 4-6meters of 4mm ID) or use a flow control device like this one.

Bump @KegLand-com-au ? Would like to trial this weekend and get it right.

Thanks

The main thing is that you fill the chiller to a liquid level that covers the copper coils. With regards to glycol percentage we would normally recommend about 20% glycol would be sufficient. I think the tank holds about 20 liters or so going by memory so 1 x 5L bottle of glycol should be sufficient unless you want to go really cold in temp.

Yes I would normally leave the gas set at about 50psi. So with soda water I would recommend using a bit more beer line (about 4-6meters of 4mm ID) or use a flow control device like this one.

So would you use less co2 with a carbonation cap fitted, refilling water at a constant 50psi as opposed to not having one and having to refill an empty keg and carb again at 50psi? Or would it mostly be the same?

So would you use less co2 with a carbonation cap fitted, refilling water at a constant 50psi as opposed to not having one and having to refill an empty keg and carb again at 50psi? Or would it mostly be the same?

Yes absolutely its more efficient use of CO2 in that respect. If you are carbonating one keg at a time you end up throwing away a keg full of CO2 each time you empty the keg and fill with water. So if you are using the 19L Ball Lock kegs you will end up blowing off about 90-200 grams of CO2 to the atmosphere in this process. So with this carbonation lid you will have significantly reduced gas consumption when compared to batch carbonation of soda water.

Back