Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That sounds awesome I would only need the MaltZilla as I have a 12/24v motor connected to an adjustable voltage supply.
When would they be available?
I would really go for just the MaltZilla asap

Great. If you have the adjustable power supply this is idea. The Maltzilla operates well at voltages from 12-24volts. I think it will be in stock in about 1 month but do not have the exact arrival date yet.

Random question regarding the Series 4 Kegerator and the smaller 9.5l ball lock kegs:
Is there room in the kegerator to stack two of these on top of each other? More, smaller kegs vs fewer, larger kegs allows for more beer variety chilled and ready to serve.
I'm thinking, buy a bunch of the smaller kegs, split a 20L batch between two kegs, chill and carb up both. One get's removed and put in storage, the other stays in the kegerator. Rinse and repeat.
Not too hard to swap beer and gas lines between kegs to swap over beers. There's gonna be a bit of cross-contamination in the first little bit coming out of the tap, but 2m of 4mm line doesn't hold THAT much beer - about 25ml's by my calculations. Swap the beer and gas lines over, pour yourself a shot glass of mixed beer as a reward for your efforts and then you're right to go.
In theory, you can fit 6 chilled 9.5L kegs into a series 4 and have three on the go at a time and it's maybe a 2-minute job to swap over to a different beer.

Further question, the new carbonation lid for Corny kegs fits on the 9.5l but the plumbing fittings extend past the top of the keg - so what's the height of a 9.5l keg, with the carb lid installed and the liquid in-line connected? Can I fit one of these on top of a normally connected 9.5L keg in a series 4? So 5 beer kegs and a soda keg?
Eh. Never mind. Just saw he note on the KegLand site that they aren’t stackable in the Series 4. The internal height of the 4 is around 720 and the listed height for the mini kegs is 370, making them just a hair too tall and the ball lock disconnects make it even taller. And it looks like they won’t even stack in the Series X. Unfortunate. If they’d just knocked 50-60 mls off the height and made them slightly smaller overall volume they’d be stackable.
And it looks like the other mini-kegs are all skinnier and taller in general design. The largest stackable mini keg is the 5 litre. They’re skinnier so you may be able to get 2 high and four deep into the fridge for 8 different smaller kegs. At only 5l each they wouldn’t last long and there’d be a lot more manual labour with filling, swapping and cleaning.
Just not worth it. Back to the drawing board I guess.

Eh. Never mind. Just saw he note on the KegLand site that they aren’t stackable in the Series 4. The internal height of the 4 is around 720 and the listed height for the mini kegs is 370, making them just a hair too tall and the ball lock disconnects make it even taller. And it looks like they won’t even stack in the Series X. Unfortunate. If they’d just knocked 50-60 mls off the height and made them slightly smaller overall volume they’d be stackable.
And it looks like the other mini-kegs are all skinnier and taller in general design. The largest stackable mini keg is the 5 litre. They’re skinnier so you may be able to get 2 high and four deep into the fridge for 8 different smaller kegs. At only 5l each they wouldn’t last long and there’d be a lot more manual labour with filling, swapping and cleaning.
Just not worth it. Back to the drawing board I guess.
Keezer...?

Hi @KegLand-com-au, a couple of questions please:

• Are you still intending to release a high-temp body for the Fermzilla, and if so can you indicate timing?
  • Have you given any further consideration to tri-clamp and hose adapters for the bottom port of the Fermzilla?
  • Do you still have plans for a CIP lid, and if so can it handle different size fittings (larger than 1/2")?
  • Do you have access to any fittings that would adapt a 5/8" tap shank to a K-lok male check valve (liquid)? The K-lok and brand-equivalent male fittings all seem to be male threads from what I can tell.
Thank you,

The high temp body is still being developed but we have been quite busy on the production line trying to fulfil orders for the FermZilla units so we have not had the available machine time to finish R&D on the high temperature body. We still plan to do this but do not have a date for this product yet. It will be at least 6 months.

We have been considering making a tri-clamp adaptor and hose adapter for the Fermzilla and it's likely that this will exist eventually but we have a few other items that are higher priority at the moment.

The CIP solution will be finished in not too long and this is closer to being finished. The CIP solution will work for the FermZilla and several other fermenter designs and kegs. Probably finished some time next year.

It's quite unusual fitting that you need with regarsd to the K-lok fitting. We do not have the check valves with female thread at this stage. If you can explain what you are making here we might be able to suggest an alternative solution.

Random question regarding the Series 4 Kegerator and the smaller 9.5l ball lock kegs:
Is there room in the kegerator to stack two of these on top of each other? More, smaller kegs vs fewer, larger kegs allows for more beer variety chilled and ready to serve.
I'm thinking, buy a bunch of the smaller kegs, split a 20L batch between two kegs, chill and carb up both. One get's removed and put in storage, the other stays in the kegerator. Rinse and repeat.
Not too hard to swap beer and gas lines between kegs to swap over beers. There's gonna be a bit of cross-contamination in the first little bit coming out of the tap, but 2m of 4mm line doesn't hold THAT much beer - about 25ml's by my calculations. Swap the beer and gas lines over, pour yourself a shot glass of mixed beer as a reward for your efforts and then you're right to go.
In theory, you can fit 6 chilled 9.5L kegs into a series 4 and have three on the go at a time and it's maybe a 2-minute job to swap over to a different beer.

Further question, the new carbonation lid for Corny kegs fits on the 9.5l but the plumbing fittings extend past the top of the keg - so what's the height of a 9.5l keg, with the carb lid installed and the liquid in-line connected? Can I fit one of these on top of a normally connected 9.5L keg in a series 4? So 5 beer kegs and a soda keg?

At the moment the space in the fridge (71cm height) is not enough to accommodate for the carbonation lid that is double stacked 9.5L kegs. and still be able to fit the ball lock disconnect ontop. We will probably make these carbonation lids slightly more compact so perhaps if you check in with us in about 3 months i would not be surprised if we are able to make this work in the future but not with the current model.

I have already been using the carbonation lid myself for 6 months and it's the best. The continuous soda water on tap is much easier that stuffing around with sodastream etc.

This has probably been covered on here but I couldn't find it in searching. Does the Fermzilla fit into the series 4 Kegerator (with all the bells and whistles on and with the stand)? Cheers

The high temp body is still being developed but we have been quite busy on the production line trying to fulfil orders for the FermZilla units so we have not had the available machine time to finish R&D on the high temperature body. We still plan to do this but do not have a date for this product yet. It will be at least 6 months.

We have been considering making a tri-clamp adaptor and hose adapter for the Fermzilla and it's likely that this will exist eventually but we have a few other items that are higher priority at the moment.

The CIP solution will be finished in not too long and this is closer to being finished. The CIP solution will work for the FermZilla and several other fermenter designs and kegs. Probably finished some time next year.

It's quite unusual fitting that you need with regarsd to the K-lok fitting. We do not have the check valves with female thread at this stage. If you can explain what you are making here we might be able to suggest an alternative solution.
Thanks for the answers

Yeah it's quite a specific issue regarding the k-lok fitting. I'm using some taps with integrated short 5/8" shank, I'm trying to achieve two things - find a way to fit them with a dry-break fitting (5/8" female to male k-lok) to then mount on a permanent female k-lok and beer line on my keezer, and also adapt them to a longer panel extension for thicker walls (Esky for portable rig).

HI, I did a quick search and couldn't find any info. Do the DigiBoil units have ultra low watt density elements? Also is the expected delivery date the same as whats listed on the website (13 November) for the 35L option?

Great. If you have the adjustable power supply this is idea. The Maltzilla operates well at voltages from 12-24volts. I think it will be in stock in about 1 month but do not have the exact arrival date yet.

Unfortuntately i couldn't wait and just bought the Malt Muncher. Will you offer the motor separately so i can attach to the Malt Muncher?

kegland, i'm thinking of getting a cover for the kegerator so i can move it out to the shed (read: very dusty). Is the cover designed to be used when the unit is running?

I note that you have to give the unit space either side so that it can cool efficiently, but the sides would be covered by by the dust cover?

Keezer...?
Nah. I just spent a good chunk of change on a Series 4 Kegerator which fits perfectly in my garage and hasn't impacted my electricity bill too much. In addition, we have a fridge/freezer in the kitchen and a chest freezer for bulk storage of frozen goods. There's no room for another fridge/freezer to the household. It was more about exploring possibilities and making the most of the equipment on hand.
I'm honestly more interested in exploring the opportunities presented with the continuous carbonation keg lid. I tend not to drink more than a single beer of a weekday evening due to kids and work commitments, so two kegs of beer lasts a long time. I would go through way more carbonated water in a month than I would beer, especially if I can source reasonable syrups and flavours.
At the moment the space in the fridge (71cm height) is not enough to accommodate for the carbonation lid that is double stacked 9.5L kegs. and still be able to fit the ball lock disconnect ontop. We will probably make these carbonation lids slightly more compact so perhaps if you check in with us in about 3 months i would not be surprised if we are able to make this work in the future but not with the current model.

I have already been using the carbonation lid myself for 6 months and it's the best. The continuous soda water on tap is much easier that stuffing around with sodastream etc.
Nice. But I imagine even with a streamlined lid, there still won't be room to stack two 9.5's in a kegerator?
It's all good. I'll keep two 19l cornies for beer and keep one 19l corny for soft drinks. For now, that involves making up a whole keg of root-beer. If I can source good cost-effective syrups locally, including a decent root beer, I'll look to swap that keg over to general soda water.

Appreciate that you guys are so responsive to questions both here and on your website.

Last edited:
We have made this video here:

This covers the setup to some degree but it's really quite a simple product to use. Basically turn on, set temp then connect hoses. I will make sure we prioritise getting another PDF manual finished but we are more than happy to help you with any other questions you might have or if you run into any difficulties with setup just call or email us and we would be more than happy to help.

Thanks. If using an external pump on the 1/2" port, should the agitator also be running? And if so, does it need a jumper line between the glycol in/out barbs?

I haven't pulled the lid off yet, but should the glycol return (using external pump) just be a hose into the top of the reservoir or is there and actual port somewhere to plumb it into?

Thanks

Thanks. If using an external pump on the 1/2" port, should the agitator also be running? And if so, does it need a jumper line between the glycol in/out barbs?

I haven't pulled the lid off yet, but should the glycol return (using external pump) just be a hose into the top of the reservoir or is there and actual port somewhere to plumb it into?

Thanks

REally the agitator pump is not necessary if you already have a pump circulating the glycol out of the tank. Yes you can put the hose back into the top reservoir or if you are taking out the agitator pump you can use the return hose inlet from this.

REally the agitator pump is not necessary if you already have a pump circulating the glycol out of the tank. Yes you can put the hose back into the top reservoir or if you are taking out the agitator pump you can use the return hose inlet from this.
Great, and what's the recommended quantity of liquid to fill the reservoir?

Edit - fill level for glycol cooling, not as an icebank.

G'day, don't mean to be needy but do you have plans for a Brewzilla 4 with an upgraded controller similar to the euro BM/BT controllers?

kegland, i'm thinking of getting a cover for the kegerator so i can move it out to the shed (read: very dusty). Is the cover designed to be used when the unit is running?

I note that you have to give the unit space either side so that it can cool efficiently, but the sides would be covered by by the dust cover?
Keen to know this answer too.

I'm interested in this continuous carbonation lid but have a question please.

I currently use a dedicated 19L keg and tap for soda water on my kegerator and use a dedicated c02 line via a dual regulator.

With this lid, would you just leave it set to 50PSI? (I too like spicy soda water!). Currently, after I have a carbed my soda water keg to 50PSI I bleed the gas a little and back it off to 10-15PSI so I have so I don't have a jet engine coming out of the tap. But with this lid I'd imagine you would want to leave it high to carb the new water?

Nah. I just spent a good chunk of change on a Series 4 Kegerator which fits perfectly in my garage and hasn't impacted my electricity bill too much. In addition, we have a fridge/freezer in the kitchen and a chest freezer for bulk storage of frozen goods. There's no room for another fridge/freezer to the household. It was more about exploring possibilities and making the most of the equipment on hand.
I'm honestly more interested in exploring the opportunities presented with the continuous carbonation keg lid. I tend not to drink more than a single beer of a weekday evening due to kids and work commitments, so two kegs of beer lasts a long time. I would go through way more carbonated water in a month than I would beer, especially if I can source reasonable syrups and flavours.

Nice. But I imagine even with a streamlined lid, there still won't be room to stack two 9.5's in a kegerator?
It's all good. I'll keep two 19l cornies for beer and keep one 19l corny for soft drinks. For now, that involves making up a whole keg of root-beer. If I can source good cost-effective syrups locally, including a decent root beer, I'll look to swap that keg over to general soda water.

Appreciate that you guys are so responsive to questions both here and on your website.

Yeah sadly I would agree and in our house we drink more carbonated water than beer. Once the stock arrives we will upload the instruction sheet to show you how the plumbing for the soda carbonator works. It's fairly easy to plumb these fittings in especially as it's all push in fittings.

Yes you are correct. Even without the soda carbonator lid these 9.5L kegs are already 370mm high each. So when you double stack them they are higher than the 710mm clearance incide the Series 4 Kegerator.

So if you want to start double stacking kegs you might want to wait for our RAPT Fermenting fridge model that has much higher clearance (about 1290mm internal height). This unit has the floor space to fit 4 x ball lock kegs and the height is sufficient that you can put 4 x 19L kegs on the floor then put some 9.5L kegs ontop of these. This is designed as a fermenting fridge that logs the fermentation to the internet and also heats and cools however it will not be finished until next year.

G'day, don't mean to be needy but do you have plans for a Brewzilla 4 with an upgraded controller similar to the euro BM/BT controllers?

We are not in a hurry to do this just yet. Bluetooth alone is not something that we find particularly useful at this stage. The brewing process still really requires the user to be there to stir, check for boil overs, add grain, hops etc. So really remote-control and monitoring doesn't have as much benefit or need as other devices like temp controllers and fermentation controllers where the process is unmanned for the majority of the process. For this reason the upgrade to wireless is not a larger priority. We have a number of other internet connected devices that we will be making before the next upgrade to the BrewZilla.

This has probably been covered on here but I couldn't find it in searching. Does the Fermzilla fit into the series 4 Kegerator (with all the bells and whistles on and with the stand)? Cheers

It depends on which model you are talking about. As you might know the Fermzilla has three ranges:

FermZilla Flat Bottom - This fits
FermZilla All Rounder - The 30L Fits but not the 60L
FermZilla Conical Uni Tank - These do not fit unless you make some significant modifications.

If you need a fridge for fermenting I would wait until next year and then get the RAPT Fermenting fridge

Latest posts

Back