Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have been considering making the ball lock posts with 1/2 male thread and this seems to be the main expensive part that customers can't seem to get hold of. So this is something that will possibly come into stock in the future. Is this the part you are after?
I would get four sets as well.:)

We have been considering making the ball lock posts with 1/2 male thread and this seems to be the main expensive part that customers can't seem to get hold of. So this is something that will possibly come into stock in the future. Is this the part you are after?

+1 on 1/2" posts.

Excuse my ignorance, what would you use 1/2 inch ball lock posts on?

I feel like I'm missing out, and need to know how to incorporate these into my life if so many people want them

and another

Ok guys. We seems like we have a reasonable number of people wanting this part. If you guys are really in a hurry you can get them from Taylors Turrets but they are quite expensive and I assume you guys want us to make it so we can supply at a sharper price. So we will start drawing this part up and getting it manufactured. It will take about 3 months.

For a time, Coca Cola used "Rheem" kegs with ball-lock posts on 1/2" threads. Like this one:

50_l_keg__800x600_-jpg.51988

I feel like I'm missing out, and need to know how to incorporate these into my life if so many people want them

I think the primary reason to use this part is to change the posts on some of the old ball lock kegs. Very fer ball lock kegs use this type of post. It's also used on some of the Pepsi Machinery but generally it's not required by the majority of home brewers. As said previously if we get enough interest from you guys we will make it for you.

The old Mytton and Rheem kegs use 1/2" posts. The old ones have mushroom seals in the poppets. For me, it would be a lot easier if i could service them with standard poppet orings etc.
Someone already mentioned that the original 1/2" posts are getting harder to find, not that they need replacing that often.

I'm sure they could come in handy elsewhere in the brewery as most connections are 1/2". Would be handy to be able to put a ball lock post on something if the need arose. Keg line washing set up, possibly?

The old Mytton and Rheem kegs use 1/2" posts. The old ones have mushroom seals in the poppets. For me, it would be a lot easier if i could service them with standard poppet orings etc.
Someone already mentioned that the original 1/2" posts are getting harder to find, not that they need replacing that often.

I'm sure they could come in handy elsewhere in the brewery as most connections are 1/2". Would be handy to be able to put a ball lock post on something if the need arose. Keg line washing set up, possibly?

Yes it's possible the half inch posts could be good for other home brew projects. We are just drawing this up now with cir clip on the underside with a plate so that the post can use our existing universal poppets.

Yes it's possible the half inch posts could be good for other home brew projects. We are just drawing this up now with cir clip on the underside with a plate so that the post can use our existing universal poppets.
I use them for sours to pressure ferment in 23L schweppes kegs, have used them with a camlock to purge headspace in the kettle with CO2 when kettle souring, and also to attach a ball lock post to my CFBS hand pull beer engine.

Yes, need a couple of these, these are horrendously expensive elsewhere. Almost better off buying another second hand keg.

All of the seal kits, lid seals, dip tube seals etc are also very expensive.

Picked up 2 1/2" BSP compression fittings this morning, the collection facility is excellent, thank-you kegland.

I have a question, which way round to the parts I would call olives go?

IMG_20191102_161127.jpg

At the moment we have been in the process of upgrading the silicon tube thickness on this part.

So we have this new product that has the upgraded silicon tube:
https://www.kegland.com.au/fermzilla-55l-ss-float-80cm-silicone-dip-tube.html

with that said if you were happy with the original silicon tube that came with that 4-inch tri-clover lid then you can get this part as a replacement:
https://www.kegland.com.au/fermzilla-27l-replacement-60cm-silicone-dip-tube.html

Separate topic but if you could attach some flexible SS mesh to this dip tube you could create a cheap filtered floating dip tube in order to dry hop loose in fermenter. I have set this up but the mesh I ordered was too fine so I get some foaming currently. Just a thought

Separate topic but if you could attach some flexible SS mesh to this dip tube you could create a cheap filtered floating dip tube in order to dry hop loose in fermenter. I have set this up but the mesh I ordered was too fine so I get some foaming currently. Just a thought
www.ebay.com.au/itm/Stainless-Steel-Mesh-Homebrew-Inching-Siphon-Filter-Home-Brew-Beer-Wine-Making/222376163601?epid=558780968&hash=item33c6a6f911:g:eek:5YAAOSw44BYeANy

I have these and they are perfect, a bit of keg lube helps you insert the dip tube inside. They seem to actually help keep the dip tube submerged as well and avoid sucking CO2 when transferring.

Back