Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To be quite frank these regulators are really not fantastic. It's hard to beat the quality, accuracy and value of the larger MK4 Regulator that we already have. This regulator is by far the best option. If you want a really good compact regulator we have another awesome design that should be finished in a couple months and work well with both sodastream and also work well with the smaller 16gram bulbs. I don't want to talk too much about his until we get closer to the release date but my gut feeling is that you should wait as these mini regulators really just don't work that well.

Is this including the mini regs that you currently sell?

I'm assuming you have a job in which you are paid some form of periodic salary, much like a subscription model - in that you offer your time & service to an employer in exchange for money where the payments are made at regular intervals. I would love to stop by your place of employment and collect the free goods &/or services that you provide from this business.
Ahhh there ya go, first you want to shoot the messenger, and now you make assumptions. It is apparent that f00b4r and I are not the only people on this planet with an aversion to subscription business models.To pay good money to buy and own a piece of hardware yet not own and have to pay rent for the software that runs it is a nonsense, sure some will do it but a lot will not, are you listening yet? or do you listen and not hear? I repeat "a lot of people will NOT!" @Kegland please read the peterudo post and take note. @beercoder I do not have a job I am a self funded retiree, I talked to my employer the payer of my periodic salary (me) and it was decided that you are more than welcome to come to my place of employment (home) and imbibe as much goods as you are able to totally free of charge. My business model may not increase my net worth, but it does put a smile on a lot of faces. cheers G

Got a co 2 regulator from Kegland never been right from the start sent it back under warranty ,Now i am getting all sorts of excuses if you bring the gear in from china have the decency to stand by your warranty .
I had a faulty Mark4 regulator. I called them, they sent me a post paid sticker by Email and a replacement regulator arrived before I had a chance to mail the faulty one back. Great service, never had a problem with KL.

It's great to see people interested in the project whether you are willing to pay for a subscription or not. Before this goes on too far, I'd like to provide Kegland with the respect they deserve and not hijack their thread any further than this conversation has to date, so I'll leave this last note and look at opening a new Brewgenuity thread in the future. If you'd like to discuss the project further, please PM me.

I appreciate everyone's feedback regarding open source however I am a software developer and have been working in IT for over 20 years and am well versed on the subject of open source business models. I understand the pros to open source with community contributions etc. That being said, this project isn't really designed for your everyday home brewer. It is meant for nano/micro breweries and perhaps home brewers who like to go over the top with their setup. It requires backend infrastructure as it is designed to provide multiple people with remote access to the data (recipes, inventory, batches, fermentations, product production etc.). It is more than just a brewery controller like CBPi/BrewPi - it is an entire brewery management platform that fulfills all the record keeping requirements of the ATO with regards to beer manufacturing.

Now lets keep this thread focused on Kegland and their amazing products...

Question for Kegland.
Who's idea was it, to place a large banner advertising Kegland on the premises formerly owned by keg king?
Just across the road,

I believe the idea came from weal, he posted about people paying thousands for stands at expo's and their competitiors handing out flyers at the entrance to those stands and paying nothing. All's fair in love and boardrooms ;)

Naughty, naughty awful, a question was asked "
Question for Kegland.
Who's idea was it, to place a large banner advertising Kegland on the premises formerly owned by keg king?
Just across the road,"
And an answer was given "
I guess with the shareholders of KL now owning the building, they are allowed to advertise their business. And all this time Weal was claiming KK moved buildings because they were doing so well, not because they got bought out of their own building by the competition."
Remember the thread title questions and answers.
The KK fan-boys club has it's own thread now so why is it still here? Or should we just call it The sore losers KL knockers society?
Its important to get facts right, KK and KL owned both buildings and being as they were on seperate titles they were sold as that KK bought one and KL the other both identical and KL paid more for theirs than KK paid for theirs. It would have made better business sense for KL to havepurchased the both properties and gone head to head opposite each other, but facing a 7 million dollar lawsuit maybe its better to keep some money aside for the money grabbing palms of the legal representitives.

Naughty, naughty awful, a question was asked "
Question for Kegland.
Just across the road,"
And an answer was given "
I guess with the shareholders of KL now owning the building, they are allowed to advertise their business. And all this time Weal was claiming KK moved buildings because they were doing so well, not because they got bought out of their own building by the competition."
Remember the thread title questions and answers.
The KK fan-boys club has it's own thread now so why is it still here? Or should we just call it The sore losers KL knockers society?

I noticed on one of the Facebook pages that at least a couple of people have recently had faulty new kegs from KK.. dip tubes not machined correctly or something. Imagine my shock that the infallible KK have supplied shonky goods!! I’ll be alerting Interpol post haste

I guess with the shareholders of KL now owning the building, they are allowed to advertise their business. And all this time Weal was claiming KK moved buildings because they were doing so well, not because they got bought out of their own building by the competition.
So if this is the case, whose business plan was it, to turn an asset, producing a return, into a sign board carrying overhead?

If it was such a success where are the photos and video you promised? Shouldn't you be busy keeping your promises rather than posting here, Oh that's right keeping promises isn't your style, You don't have KL posting on your thread so why are you here, that's extremely poor form but to be expected I suppose from someone such as yourself, if you were halfway decent none of this would have occurred in the first place and you would still be making ridiculous profits, talk about shooting yourself in the foot, more like the back of your head, now piss off and take your fan club with you because I for one am sick of all their drivel.
I think you might find if you bothered to check the CEO of KK came after the split.

[{ Pulled the quote as I'm cleaning up this thread and making back to KL thread.}
Why can't KK compete? They seem to doing ok and have a pretty good following?

Last edited by a moderator:
Why can't KK compete? They seem to doing ok and have a pretty good following?
2494328_0.jpg

Last edited:
Issue with the liquid dip tube leaking CO2 into the line internally it seems
That’s exactly what it was. And I was one of those customers. I did a thread about it.

And if you see the thread I wrote about it, you’ll see that I went down there, told them my issue and they were fantastic about it, swapped the dip tubes no problem and are going to resolve the issue and help anyone else who has a drama. I was thanked for letting them know about it.

Sure it was a little annoying that I had problems with my kegs, but I’ve also had dramas with expensive appliances such as tvs, furniture, cars. That’s life! It happens.

You would know, banging on about great customer service. They sold you crap and then replaced it, that my friend is not good customer service/support it's complying with Australian consumer law, and it is not cause for celebration, get yer next one from KL.

They were great. I left happy. You must be the luckiest bloke on earth never to have an issue with anything you’ve ever bought in your life. Sometimes it’s not about the problem, but what a supplier will do when something’s wrong.

I don’t care for this KK and KL drama in the slightest. I’m not a fan boy of anyone like you make it sound. But they were great about it, and others who need to take a dip tube back need to know they were great about it and they won’t walk into an argument.

What I have a problem with is you using my experience to fuel your vendetta and twisting it to suit yourself. Once again, I don’t care for this soap opera, my friend.

What I do care for, is what KK or KL or whoever it is, have to say about their products. I’m interested in what KL have to say in this thread, I’m also interested in what KK have to say in theirs.

It’s just a little hard to hear with all this noise.

Sure it was a little annoying that I had problems with my kegs, but I’ve also had dramas with expensive appliances such as tvs, furniture, cars. That’s life! It happens.

My post was tongue in cheek based on others running KL down for having products which have experienced issues. I agree with your sentiment however

Latest posts

Back