Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have asked on facebook and I will ask here. I have a 65L BrewZilla and a 35L DigiBoil. I just received shipping notice on 2 ) 27LFermZilla. I have the high pressure kit and the spunding kit. When will the Temp Twister and thermo probe be available for US orders? Also the 55L fermenters with all their goodies?
Thank you,
BrewsWayne

Last edited:
Personally I’m getting sick of all this he said she stuff
Let’s get back to comment/ asking about existing products or upcoming products

Yes I would agree. This is really what customers are here to talk about. We will do our best to keep things on topic.

Any chance of making something like this, but that can also be used to purge kegs?
https://www.ssbrewtech.com/products/keg-wassher

This thing looks good, but after I clean a keg I like to empty the star san with co2 to purge the oxygen, which this obviously wouldn't do.
I don't know how it would work, but maybe something between this and a counter pressure bottle filler?

Yes absolutely we will have a keg washer eventually but it the price would much cheaper than that SS Brew Tech one. The keg washer that we make will not be finished for at least 6 months as we have quite a few other products we are trying to finish first.

That pump doesn't look nearly big enough, ok for a light starsan rinse maybe but not enough grunt for a PBW pressure wash.

Yes I would tend to agree with this. This pump looks significantly undersized. If you are going to use a rotating spray ball in the assembly you need quite a lot of flow and pressure to property drive one of these heads. If you do not get enough flow and pressure you will notice the rotating head can get a small bit of hops or something in the bearings and prevent the head from rotating correctly. So either use a significantly large pump or do not use a rotating head.

I have a suggestion, how about any post on this thread that isn't a question or an answer to a question be deleted. Would make it a whole lot easier to find stuff, and should get us down to about 15 pages of relevant comment.

This might not be a bad ideal. I really like the idea of a forum because it's completely unfiltered and everyone has a voice. With that said we do get a small number of members on the forum that do like to heckle which doesn't seem to be to the benefit of everyone else and is mostly unproductive. It's no secret that KegLand has come competitors that hate us too and we do question if this is where some of this heckling is emanating from.

I have asked on facebook and I will ask here. I have a 65L BrewZilla and a 35L DigiBoil. I just received shipping notice on 2 ) 27LFermZilla. I have the high pressure kit and the spunding kit. When will the Temp Twister and thermo probe be available for US orders? Also the 55L fermenters with all their goodies?
Thank you,
BrewsWayne

The Temp Twister and Thermo Probe will be available very soon. We wanted to make some very minor improvements to these so we have a slight delay on these accessories. I think these changes will be completed in about 3-4 weeks and then orders overseas can start to get fulfilled.

The FermZilla 55L FermZilla units are already being ordered to the US so they will probably start to arrive in a number of weeks.

Any chance of making something like this, but that can also be used to purge kegs?
https://www.ssbrewtech.com/products/keg-wassher

This thing looks good, but after I clean a keg I like to empty the star san with co2 to purge the oxygen, which this obviously wouldn't do.
I don't know how it would work, but maybe something between this and a counter pressure bottle filler?
The SS Brewtech Keg Wassher works very well IMO. i have one, and use it for all kegs and also for cleaning/rinsing/sanitising my fermentasaurus. the pump is the 12v SS FTSs pump, run at 24v. not sure how this will affect its life, however it is always cool to the touch as it is submerged.The CIP head doesnt have a ball bearing. i trust it's quality being SS Brewtech gear, they arent the sort of company to release something half baked.

It sprays with a significant force, and if for example you are using it to clean a fermentasaurus and theoretically it happens to fall off, it will spray sanitiser a few metres in every direction!!

I can take some photos or a video in a couple of weeks when i use it next if you like (of it in use, not spraying over my backyard and pergola, theoretically :D )

Kegland, i am looking at getting a couple of 5L mini kegs. from memory a while back there were some issues with rust in the minikegs, and most brands were all similar. can you confirm these issues have been fixed with the kegland minikegs? thanks!

The Temp Twister and Thermo Probe will be available very soon. We wanted to make some very minor improvements to these so we have a slight delay on these accessories. I think these changes will be completed in about 3-4 weeks and then orders overseas can start to get fulfilled.

The FermZilla 55L FermZilla units are already being ordered to the US so they will probably start to arrive in a number of weeks.
Thank you for the quick answer.

are you guys still planning to offer an option for refillable N2 cylinders?

Yes it's something that we will do eventually but it's lower down on our list of priorities. We only have the disposable nitrogen ones at this stage. We have been trying to get these disposable ones cheaper but at the x4 price of $29.95 each these are already as cheap I think we can make this product especially given the low Australian Dollar at the moment.

The SS Brewtech Keg Wassher works very well IMO. i have one, and use it for all kegs and also for cleaning/rinsing/sanitising my fermentasaurus. the pump is the 12v SS FTSs pump, run at 24v. not sure how this will affect its life, however it is always cool to the touch as it is submerged.The CIP head doesnt have a ball bearing. i trust it's quality being SS Brewtech gear, they arent the sort of company to release something half baked.

It sprays with a significant force, and if for example you are using it to clean a fermentasaurus and theoretically it happens to fall off, it will spray sanitiser a few metres in every direction!!

I can take some photos or a video in a couple of weeks when i use it next if you like (of it in use, not spraying over my backyard and pergola, theoretically :D )

Kegland, i am looking at getting a couple of 5L mini kegs. from memory a while back there were some issues with rust in the minikegs, and most brands were all similar. can you confirm these issues have been fixed with the kegland minikegs? thanks!

Thanks for the update with regards to the keg washing pump. It would appear that we are wrong in that case. If you can let us know the flow rate, wattage and head pressure specification on the pump we would be interested to compare. It does look quite small on the photo so it's difficult to tell.

With regards to the mini kegs we have the best mini kegs in the industry. As far as I am aware we have not had rust issues with ours but I know a lot a lot of the mini kegs imported from northern China did have this issue. If you are at all dissatisfied then return the keg for a refund but I am quite confident you will be happy with the mini kegs.

If you can let us know the flow rate, wattage and head pressure specification on the pump we would be interested to compare. It does look quite small on the photo so it's difficult to tell.

The least you could do is buy an SS brewtech one before you rip off their R&D. More hide than a Rhino

The least you could do is buy an SS brewtech one before you rip off their R&D. More hide than a Rhino

Hahaha. SS Brewtech dont have anything to worry about. Our unit will be made quite differently unit so they have nothing to worry about.

Is there any chance you're designing yours to also purge o2?

Seems to be the next big thing everyone is trying to sort out - so if it could do it reliably, it'd be a game changer

Seems to be the next big thing everyone is trying to sort out - so if it could do it reliably, it'd be a game changer

I must say this was not originally part of the plan as the keg washer is quite a bit different to something that you need to purge O2

As has already been pointed out the best way to purge o2 is to fill keg with sanitise to the brim then displace this with CO2. This is what myself and a number of the staff do here too. I am assuming the reason you dont like this option is you dont want to sit there waiting for the keg transfer to complete? Is that correct? Are you looking for an automated solution so you don't have to waste time watching sanitiser go from one keg to another.

Then I guess the specs of their pump would be quite irrelevant to you ;)

Really what we would like to know is how they are getting away with what looks to be a much smaller pump than us which is why we ask the question. From our experimentation the small pumps just do not drive those types of spray balls well at all. So we have had to use a bigger pump.

On that topic, purging O2 by expelling liquid with bottled CO2 is not hard, but for some of us, commercially available "food grade" CO2 is not pure enough. Sure, it's fine to push out a keg of beer in a day or two, but inadequate for maintaining head pressure in a keg for a number of weeks.

I'd be interested in some kind of an O2 scrubbing system that can purify CO2 to have less than 5ppb of O2. And of course, I'm a tight arse and don't want to pay much. ;-)

Latest posts

Back