Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or making small additions in an enclosed way. Had a similar idea on my drive into work today.

It's funny that you mention that. We already have this product being designed at the moment. So it will probably come into the market soon. We also have some 2.5L PET bottles too and you probably would have seen these inexpensive carbonation caps on the website too:
https://www.kegland.com.au/plastic-carbonation-line-cleaning-cap-fermzilla-cap.html

So once we have the combination of these parts we will have a very inexpensive way for someone to get into kegging.

I imagine there is a very long list of electrical stuff manufactured & certified in China which is sold in Australia by importers so I don't think this is much of an issue. I am sure, KegLand have confirmed certification

They've said they have cert via the manufacturer, I'd say there's some number etc. that goes along with that which could be checked. I don't think KegLand are dumb enough to put their arse on the line over keg fridges
Well I guess you've ignored the previous times you'd been told about recalls on various gas and electrical goods designed by/sold by the people who are now behind Kegland
I don't doubt that they're doing all the right stuff now and making sure all boxes are ticked, but it's completely understandable if people want to see actual certification before buying something considering what's happened in the past

Will this capper bell fit on the cappers sold at Kegland?

I bought the bell but it doesn't fit on my old Brigalow capper. So I will need to buy a new capper. The price on Kegland ones is too good to pass up.

We have spoken about this a few times here and it's possible that we will get this product in stock eventually. I will give this a bit of a push and see if we can get it a bit sooner rather than later. I agree it would be nice to have this accessory.

It's funny that you mention that. We already have this product being designed at the moment. So it will probably come into the market soon. We also have some 2.5L PET bottles too and you probably would have seen these inexpensive carbonation caps on the website too:
https://www.kegland.com.au/plastic-carbonation-line-cleaning-cap-fermzilla-cap.html

So once we have the combination of these parts we will have a very inexpensive way for someone to get into kegging.

That awesome news, it's been something I have been thinking would be very handy for a while. I just haven't been able to find any adapters to PET threads.

Last edited:
@SB this means "no it wont fit" lol

Well we can't confirm that others on the market definitely do not fit. All we can really say is we dont know if other triage caps fit or not as we have not tried others on our own machine.

Wow... and KegLand are the first company to ever have a product recalled for safety. They should be shut down immediately!
Ever had one of their old elements blow out while you had your hand near the terminal end?
LOTS of people here have, I get you're new to the game and haven't experienced all this shit yet (or really much of brewing at all...), but maybe learn from other's experience and pull your head in you muppet

Ever had one of their old elements blow out while you had your hand near the terminal end?
LOTS of people here have, I get you're new to the game and haven't experienced all this shit yet (or really much of brewing at all...), but maybe learn from other's experience and pull your head in you muppet

Take it easy champ. I am not the one being the muppett here.

Not forgetting the sanitiser which had to be replaced when they tried mixing their own.

Samsung had phones where the batteries caught fire and burned people. Thermomix had issues where they sprayed boiling liquid over people. half the cars in the world have dodgy air bags from Takata..

Samsung had phones where the batteries caught fire and burned people. Thermomix had issues where they sprayed boiling liquid over people. half the cars in the world have dodgy air bags from Takata..
So because other people did it, it makes it ok?

I think all that proves is that a proper testing structure wasn't in place, mixing of chemicals and putting them out to unwary punters without testing. As for the gas ring burners they also should comply to regulations and be approved.

The Guten from KK got electrical approval but multiple people reported getting zapped by the unit, it happens to everyone.
Singling one company out doesn't seem fair unless it constantly happens.

The Guten from KK got electrical approval but multiple people reported getting zapped by the unit, it happens to everyone.
Singling one company out doesn't seem fair unless it constantly happens.
I only read of one and that was from a Keg Land employee, didn't he lick it or something? It isn't singling out one company Keg King brought in the gas burners, mixed the sanitiser, had a dodgy number on the Robo brew 2 and brought in the dodgy elements. The common denominator is it was the same people who are now running Keg Land.
I would guess they will get approval by the 1st of October just holding on to the fees, which isn't surprising with all the legal bills coming in.

Back